Guidance please?

AngelaH

Reaction score
Hi,

I apologize if I posted in the wrong place.

Could someone help me figure out how to get transcription HITs? I found a requestor that posted a bunch of HITs that I can do, but he/she had put "approved (turkey id#)". I believe that means that HIT is reserved.

Yet, when I tried to go to the link to test for future HITs (at their website), there wasn't a place to take it.

AngelaH

Reaction score
Sorry...stupid autocorrect..."turker" not "turkey" lol

jan

Reaction score
Hi,

I apologize if I posted in the wrong place.

Could someone help me figure out how to get transcription HITs? I found a requestor that posted a bunch of HITs that I can do, but he/she had put "approved (turkey id#)". I believe that means that HIT is reserved.

Yet, when I tried to go to the link to test for future HITs (at their website), there wasn't a place to take it.
Some requesters already have 'favorite' workers - and have made an agreement with them to do work. Keep in mind, there are hundreds - thousands - of jobs out there and thousands of turkers (who sometimes are, in fact, turkeys :).

To form a relationship with a requester, you just have to get out there and try different HITS. I don't do transcription HITS, but ime, they pop up quickly and you have to accept them quickly. If you do a HIT for someone - and they have regular work, they could give you a special qualification (as they have this worker). It might be possible to email this requester and ask about working for them (give them some specifics about your background and how much you would love to work for them). This might or might not work (it's worth a try). Other than that, it's the crowd-game (just get out there, prowling and looking for HITS).

Some transcription HITS have a qual test that you can take (those are more 'regular HITS'). So, try those, too.

Last edited:

AngelaH

Reaction score
Jan,

Thank you so much for your good advice. It seems that everyone here is pretty nice and willing to help each other. I like that :)

Reactions: jan