Get a Free Random Share of a Stock When Signing up with Robinhood

kwyjibo

Reaction score
its already a fucking memestock fest. why is everyone only voting for amd :|
I get the feeling they're just going to slowly but surely spend all his cash on AMD. Then there are the trolls trying to buy SEB lol. Not sure which is worse.

Reactions: YAHU

sinon

Watashi ga Kita!
Contributor
Reaction score
its already a fucking memestock fest. why is everyone only voting for amd :|
It's amazing if you look at their portfolio. Seems like maybe they also did the twitch for the referrals and so many of their stocks are $0.00 entry because of it :ROFL:

kwyjibo

Reaction score
Thought you guys might like this. I've found it 100 times more useful than reddit for stock recommendations. The owner makes some absolutely insane daytrading calls a few times a day. You have to use caution since daytrading does have it's risks, but I've learned way more about investing on this chat than I have on reddit.

http://discord.gg/bge2j8Q

YAHU

YAHUUUUUUU
Contributor
Reaction score
Thought you guys might like this. I've found it 100 times more useful than reddit for stock recommendations. The owner makes some absolutely insane daytrading calls a few times a day. You have to use caution since daytrading does have it's risks, but I've learned way more about investing on this chat than I have on reddit.

http://discord.gg/bge2j8Q
nearly anything is better than reddit for finding stocks... except for stocktwits, that place is cancer.

but thanks, will check it out

YAHU

YAHUUUUUUU
Contributor
Reaction score
Just as an FYI. that chat is a total spamfest. Turn off @ mentions completely if you use discord a lot. I think i got over 40 yesterday because they @all every few minutes to tell people to sign up.

I've seen a couple good ideas, but there are lots of memestocks and day trades (you'd be better off switching to ustocktrade) that you can find in other like places.

mboone73

The Last Hit Poster
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Half-Ass
Reaction score
Since I'm not eligible for the referrals, someone should tell me what cheap stocks to buy.

YAHU

YAHUUUUUUU
Contributor
Reaction score
wo when tech takes a shit but small cap bio is firing

YAHU

YAHUUUUUUU
Contributor
Reaction score
stock ive been swinging for the past couple of months suddenly shot up 40% after i took a 15% profit and has been hanging there for the past few days -_-

kwyjibo

Reaction score
AVIR is a great buy if anyone is willing to hold for a few weeks. Buy in at $.49-.51 per share. There is a very high chance they will be undergoing a merger or buyout in the next 2 weeks. A merger will bring the price up to around $1 per share and a buyout should bring it closer to $2.50.

sinon

Watashi ga Kita!
Contributor
Reaction score
"XRX underwent a 1 for 4 reverse split on 6/15. Funds from fractional shares may take 2-4 weeks to process."

I had 3 shares. What does this mean? I've read about reverse stock splits but I'm wondering how the payout works when you don't have 4 (in this case) and only have 3.

Reactions: scrmcasey

scrmcasey

Skynet Aide
Gamemaster
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
"XRX underwent a 1 for 4 reverse split on 6/15. Funds from fractional shares may take 2-4 weeks to process."

I had 3 shares. What does this mean? I've read about reverse stock splits but I'm wondering how the payout works when you don't have 4 (in this case) and only have 3.
I had 1 share from a referral. Have no idea what happens now.

Reactions: sinon

scrmcasey

Skynet Aide
Gamemaster
Sole Survivor
Reaction score

Reading more on it, it looks like you'll be paid out for the 3, and I will be paid for my 1 within 2-4 weeks to our Robinhood account.

sinon

Watashi ga Kita!
Contributor
Reaction score
Reading more on it, it looks like you'll be paid out for the 3, and I will be paid for my 1 within 2-4 weeks to our Robinhood account.
Hmmm well that's good. I would have hated to lose the value of the stocks because of it. But at least they will put it back in so we can push that money toward something else :ahhh:

YAHU

YAHUUUUUUU
Contributor
Reaction score
Hmmm well that's good. I would have hated to lose the value of the stocks because of it. But at least they will put it back in so we can push that money toward something else :ahhh:
If you keep an eye out, some reverse splits will pay you the difference.

So if a company is having a 1:10 reverse split and is at 20c, and it says that no fractional share will be given but instead will be rounded up, you just made 1.80 for no just holding the stock.

Reactions: scrmcasey and sinon

sinon

Watashi ga Kita!
Contributor
Reaction score
Ummmm my robinhood seems wonky today. It is now claiming I went -82.99 :dead: But I don't see how that's possible. The XRX stocks said it was -$21 loss, not $80+ :eek:
edit: omg it must be because the XRX stock shot up to $27 holy crap

If you keep an eye out, some reverse splits will pay you the difference.

So if a company is having a 1:10 reverse split and is at 20c, and it says that no fractional share will be given but instead will be rounded up, you just made 1.80 for no just holding the stock.
Oh well that's pretty neat.

I had 3 XRX and it was around $7 because my portfolio says I "lost" $21. But reading about the XRX stock seems like they're expecting them to go up. Not sure if that'll give me a better difference but

YAHU

YAHUUUUUUU
Contributor
Reaction score
Ummmm my robinhood seems wonky today. It is now claiming I went -82.99 :dead: But I don't see how that's possible. The XRX stocks said it was -$21 loss, not $80+ :eek:
edit: omg it must be because the XRX stock shot up to $27 holy crap

Oh well that's pretty neat.

I had 3 XRX and it was around $7 because my portfolio says I "lost" $21. But reading about the XRX stock seems like they're expecting them to go up. Not sure if that'll give me a better difference but
no that's just robinhood being wonky af, xrx didnt really shoot up, it was just from the r/s. Just like when you put in money, it takes a day or so to even everything out.

sinon

Watashi ga Kita!
Contributor
Reaction score
no that's just robinhood being wonky af, xrx didnt really shoot up, it was just from the r/s. Just like when you put in money, it takes a day or so to even everything out.
Well damn xD
I was gonna say...seemed like too crazy of a drop from this morning lol. (in my account, since it changed from -$21 to -$83 lol)