Get a Free Random Share of a Stock When Signing up with Robinhood

sinon

Watashi ga Kita!
Contributor
Reaction score
btw make sure everyone knows what PDT is and have the alert turned on
Do you mean the "Pattern day trading protection" under account>day trade settings?
If so, that was automatically set for me but wouldn't help for people to double check :)

D

Deleted member 481

Just curious before I signup, as someone who knows nothing about stock, say I get a $20 stock and just wanna get the cash. How much would I actually get in my checking account after fees?

Last edited by a moderator:

nopoopwarez

Contributor
Reaction score
I used someone's referral link from this forum but I don't think I got anything. My referral link also doesn't mention anything about free stocks. :shrug:

YAHU

YAHUUUUUUU
Contributor
Reaction score
I used someone's referral link from this forum but I don't think I got anything. My referral link also doesn't mention anything about free stocks. :shrug:
they need to have the free stock thing in their settings for that to happen

Reactions: nopoopwarez

K'Lee

The Royal Taster
Contributor
Reaction score
If anyone would like some resources on investing and saving, I'd highly recommend http://www.investopedia.com/

You'll probably want to know things like limit orders, etc. in addition to PDT

Robinhood is a great way to learn the basics of stock trading without paying ridiculous fees per trade. This allows you to buy a single stock multiple times in a day if you wanted to without spending $20+. They make money by skimming the interest off your money between deposits and withdrawals, so you have to wait 3 business days each way. You can get Robinhood instant which bypasses this wait time, but please read up on their website before you do.

There are technically fees, but they are required by any broker. Wire transfers work differently too
https://support.robinhood.com/hc/en-us/articles/208650436-Fees-on-Robinhood-

ALSO, the app's charts are not 100% accurate all the time. There is a lag built in to the system so please use another charting app or service. That being said, if you place a limit buy for X.XX and it hits the price (but hasnt changed on robinhood) the order will still go through.

I should also add that most of the money I have in Robinhood is basically gambling money, stuff that wouldn't kill me if I lost it. I'd recommend staying away from penny stocks and 95% of the stuff mentioned on reddit.

My portfolio is basically tech etfs, ...one share of amazon, $T, and 30% moderate to severely volatile gamble stocks
update: my portfolio is now 1/4 amazon, 1/4 ETFs, 1/4 memestocks, 1/8 utilities, and 1/8 misc referral stocks

Here are a list of referral links. whoever's link you use gets a free share of a random stock from a pool
The rate fluctuates between about 2-10% for a stock over $50, 18+% for something between 10-50 (i think), and 80 for something around $10 (it says on the site but the jackpot stocks fluctuate in the app).

REFERRAL LINKS
sinon @sinon - link
YAHU @YAHU - link
AlphaFemale @Jenningka - link
Li0ness @Li0ness - link
catnapped @catnapped - link
Vanyanka @Vanyanka - link
Twirdman @Twirdman - link
Roscoe E Goldchain @Roscoe E Goldchain - link
ItsAmyTee @ItsAmyTee - link
psminty @psminty - link
Sathington Willoughby @Sathington Willoughby - link
electrolyte @electrolyte - link
broomperson @broomperson - link
casualwarfare @casualwarfare - link
Turtlefemm @Turtlefemm - link
How do I add mine here? http://share.robinhood.com/kristyh7 did I do that right or do you need to do it?

Reactions: sinon and YAHU

nopoopwarez

Contributor
Reaction score
they need to have the free stock thing in their settings for that to happen
Well that sucks. Guess I'll just cash out and close the account.

YAHU

YAHUUUUUUU
Contributor
Reaction score
wonder when amazon is gonna break 1k

Reactions: sinon

nopoopwarez

Contributor
Reaction score
Damn I can't even withdraw the funds I deposited yesterday lol.

Twirdman

Reaction score
Just curious before I signup, as someone who knows nothing about stock, say I get a $20 stock and just wanna get the cash. How much would I actually get in my checking account after fees?
Robinhood has no fee to buy or sell stocks so if you got a 20 dollar stock you'd get 20 dollars. Also remember you need to use someones referral link to sign up to get the free stock.

Reactions: Deleted member 526
D

Deleted member 481

Robinhood has no fee to buy or sell stocks so if you got a 20 dollar stock you'd get 20 dollars. Also remember you need to use someones referral link to sign up to get the free stock.
Hm, I thought there would be a SEC & FINRA fee?

nopoopwarez

Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah... just make sure that the person who's link you use has a valid referral link first though.

Twirdman

Reaction score
Yeah... just make sure that the person who's link you use has a valid referral link first though.
This is true. I know both my and YAHU @YAHU links work. If you look through the thread there are other mentions of working referrals you can use.

Reactions: nopoopwarez

ctraltDel

Contributor
Reaction score
Mine works too :angelic: and all I have is shitty Xerox stock so help a girl out

Reactions: Twirdman