FUN TASK : Write a sarcastic paraphrase for a literal and explain the reason for it

Tuhin

Reaction score
FUN TASK : Write a sarcastic paraphrase for a literal and explain the reason for it
Requester: Smaranda Muresan
Reward: $0.30 per taskTasks available: 0Duration: 1 Hours
Qualifications Required: HIT Approval Rate (%) for all Requesters' HITs greater than 98 , Number of HITs Approved greater than 10000 , Location is one of US , Masters has been granted

We are a group of natural language processing (NLP) researchers from Columbia University, conducting academic research about figurative language understanding. We want to use machine learning to understand and interpret figurative language. Below you will see a sentence that is LITERAL in nature. Please type in the two separate text boxes the two subtasks 1) a reframing of the literal sentence that is a SARCASTIC paraphrase of it and 2) The explanation so as to why this sarcasm is appropriate for the literal. Sarcasm refers to the use of words that mean the opposite of what you really want to say, especially in order to insult someone, or to show irritation, or just to be funny.

For example, for the sentence
I think it's dumb how most college students pay $35k+ just to party., a SARCASTIC reframing is
College students today are extremely judicious about money given they pay a mere sum of $35k+ just for partying. The explanation for this could be
35K$ is a huge sum of money and students paying such exorbitant tuition should focus more on education than partying.

The SARCASTIC reframing should be faithful and consistent to the literal input and make sure you use some sort of humor and/or incongruity to your basic commonsense about everyday events and concepts. Please try and be creative and avoid using simple rephrasing or only single word replacements or just negation. Your explanations should be logical , detailed and easy to understand. DO NOT COPY THE LITERAL INPUT IN THE BOXES. We will reject hits for such cases.
For example:
Literal Sentence: I think it's dumb how most college students pay $35k+ just to party.
1. Please write in the text box a SARCASTIC reframing that is faithful and consistent to the literal:
2. Please write in the text box an explanation for your proposed reframing:

Last edited:

Tuhin

Reaction score
We promise to pay bonus to good workers. This is a small qualification task.
We require master workers . Feel free to comment here

KatieinPGH

*Wants Masters*
Reaction score
I wish it wasn't Masters only. I have just under 80000 HIT's, have been turking full time since 2017 and only have 10 rejections through all those years. But, I haven't been given the elusive Masters from Amazon. Masters definitely doesn't guarantee quality of work!