Frugal, cheapskate, Broke af, tips thread.

Tigerpants

Murderer of Threads
Contributor
Reaction score
I've seen them... but I wanna be able to know I can trust them lol
Exactly. I'd have to look somewhere like ebay, but it's technically illegal. I think they get around by saying the 'clipping service' but how do I know they're not skimming the good q's out!?

Reactions: JenniLeigh

JenniLeigh

Batch Betta Have My Money
Contributor
Reaction score
Exactly. I'd have to look somewhere like ebay, but it's technically illegal. I think they get around by saying the 'clipping service' but how do I know they're not skimming the good q's out!?
lol- that's why it's taking me so long to research them lololol

Reactions: Tigerpants

Drwho10

Mister Gank Yo Hits
Contributor
Reaction score
Idk about a random bunch of coupons but i usually look for specific stuff. Most of the time i'll get coupons or kohl's cash on the cheap from ebay. People get em but don't want to use em in the few weeks you have to use them so they sell em for a bit less. same goes for gift card deals. If you're planning a shopping trip especially around nice clearance times you can boost the amount of stuff you can buy by doing this :wink:

Drwho10

Mister Gank Yo Hits
Contributor
Reaction score
Oh we are good at this one, we live on very little, and somehow, I do not know how, we have managed. Long, so I'll stick a spoiler on it:

Gonna leave it at that, though I could probably write a book on this. Hopefully my random ideas help someone :)
http://www.lastotallyawesome.com/products/all-purpose/
this stuff really is nice. i get it at the 99 cent store. Their detergent is really nice too. For shirts, regular pants, and sheets i just use that and save the expensive cheer for my extra nice clothes. I get a lot of fruit from the 99 cent store too. you have to eat it quick 'cause its on the ripe side but that's no problem for me since i make a lot of fruit smoothies

SamBurger

Reaction score
Not sure if this counts but selling old stuff on ebay or amazon seller central is a great way to get rid off stuff you don't need and put some extra cash in your pocket. Great way to clean up your house/apt too.

Tigerpants

Murderer of Threads
Contributor
Reaction score
AAAyyy Long time, new idea

If your computer is starting to crap out, don't buy one from a store, build your own PC! Yes, it is a small up front cost, but it is seriously easier then I ever thought it could be. And over time, miles cheaper then 'upgrading' or replacing old computers that die for whatever reason. Buying your own parts + Windows 10 (or using the free Linux) is going to result in a much better computer then one that you get prebuilt.

As turkers, Our money comes from the computer, Invest in a quality computer and have the satisfaction of using something you know inside and out. It's not as scary as it sounds! I swear if I can do it anyone can.

WalkingEmphasis

Banned
Banned
Contributor
Reaction score
Frugal MTC shoppers who frequently buy through Amazon, I just found out about a really awesome Chrome extension called "Keepa - Amazon Price Tracker". It lists complete price history of every single item immediately under the product picture. So, you can keep track of trends and when things go on sale. It will also notify you of your desired price when you tell it to. It works on all of the major Amazon sites, including Europe and Asia.