Forum Monthly Award

Lepi

Some Kind of Sneaky Witch Thief
Contributor
Reaction score
If we're just doing 1 award, then just community nominated voting seems fine. I think people can probably...maybe... handle the responsibility of paying attention to people who post HITs and do other non-HIT stuff.

Entire community. Including the dirty, dirty moderators.

It may be an issue down the road I'm sure, but the forum is uber small and fairly close knit right now, so I doubt very much that people will accuse anyone of playing favorites. Especially since everyone knows that I'm all of the moderators favorite anyway.

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
Hm, I didn't notice the staff-nominated people winning particularly more often than the non-staff's nominations
They didn't. But some people refused to acknowledge that and continued to complain about us taking part in the process. Whether they were right or wrong, it was still a headache for us to deal with (I went back and forth with someone in PM about it for several hours one night.)

I think the best way to avoid accusations like that is to make the whole process as transparent as possible, while giving control over who gets nominated/wins to the community. This is why, on MTG in the last few months, we started waiting until the last nomination day to nominate people and we started making the votes visible after the polls had ended.

I'd like to keep that same level of transparency and community control here, and maybe even expand on it if we can.

Pippa

All things lovely and beautiful.
Contributor
Reaction score
Non techy team player here so a lot of this is over my head, but I like the idea of honoring those who contribute to the over all good vibe of the community. Building others up, encouraging them, posting light-hearted things. Generally just for the betterment of the overall community. It would be nominated privately and maybe even the voting could be anonymous. I love it here and really have enjoyed the interactions with everyone.

Vanyanka

Thoroughbred of Sin
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
:wine:

Last edited:
Reactions: aveline