Forum issues/feature requests thread

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
it don't on scratch, sorted and thanks
That's odd, it works for me on all the themes! (I just used the SS of the last one I tried)

Eetha

cuter than you
Contributor
Reaction score
If we could get a logo/link to the forum main page in the spot where the social media buttons are... I keep pressing those by mistake trying to get to the homepage.

(Also, if you guys need help with stuff for custom themes, I do web design too...)

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
If we could get a logo/link to the forum main page in the spot where the social media buttons are... I keep pressing those by mistake trying to get to the homepage.

(Also, if you guys need help with stuff for custom themes, I do web design too...)
Yeah, I can see how that would get annoying. The default theme setting was to have both the brown bar and the green bar (the one with the main page link) stickied, so that they're both visible at all times. I un-stickied the green bar because I felt that it took up too much of the page to have both visible all the time. I'll see what I can do, though.

And thank you for the offer. We may have need of that sometime down the road. :)

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score

Getting a logo is on our "to do" list. Maybe even as a forum logo design contest? :)

Reactions: Jaded and Krikket

Lepi

Some Kind of Sneaky Witch Thief
Contributor
Reaction score
Oh. This isn't important, but at some point it would make me happy if we could add a little counter thing to display the forum's total earnings. I'm really keen on the idea of keeping track of how well the forum is doing as a whole, and it seems like it would fit in well with the whole kubayah vibe.

Reactions: Jaded and kryss

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
Oh. This isn't important, but at some point it would make me happy if we could add a little counter thing to display the forum's total earnings. I'm really keen on the idea of keeping track of how well the forum is doing as a whole, and it seems like it would fit in well with the whole kubayah vibe.
That would actually be really cool >.>

Reactions: Dutchy

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
I think we're going to be holding off on a reputation system for the time being. I think some of us were on the fence about it because, while it can be fun and all, it can also be a nightmare to moderate. And according to today's poll, it seems that the majority of people here don't really care/want one, anyway.

Lepi

Some Kind of Sneaky Witch Thief
Contributor
Reaction score
Reputation seems like a bad idea. Negative rep is completely unnecessary...it's just a built in Insult button. It's a sneaky way to try and stir shit up when you get pissed off. Even if people do use it in a light hearted way, ultimately someone will still get their feelings hurt.

Positive rep is just redundant. You can like/love posts, you can leave profile comments, you can send private messages, you can directly quote posts and reply to them... there are so many ways to show appreciation for someone.

So basically the rep feature just adds a way for people to be a dick to each other.

That's just my 2 cents on the matter.

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
Reputation seems like a bad idea. Negative rep is completely unnecessary...it's just a built in Insult button. It's a sneaky way to try and stir shit up when you get pissed off. Even if people do use it in a light hearted way, ultimately someone will still get their feelings hurt.

Positive rep is just redundant. You can like/love posts, you can leave profile comments, you can send private messages, you can directly quote posts and reply to them... there are so many ways to show appreciation for someone.

So basically the rep feature just adds a way for people to be a dick to each other.

That's just my 2 cents on the matter.
Yeah, I agree that it makes it way too easy for people to be dicks. And since there's no way to respond to dickish rep comments, people tend to bring it into the work thread. That's what I meant by saying that it can be a nightmare to moderate.

I do think it can be nice if you want to compliment someone without having to PM them (sometimes I like to just say something nice without making the other person feel like they're obligated to say anything back), but the cons kinda outweigh the pros, I think.

Reactions: TQueen and Tribune

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
Added the ability to search conversations. Might be handy if you get a lot of PM's and you need to find something. You can do that from the main search page.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jaded

Devil_Dawg

Marine, Husband, Father, Grand Father
Contributor
Reaction score
Can we get some color for those that donate????
Edit: Kind of partial to the periwinkle blue meself

Last edited:

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
Can we get some color for those that donate????
We avoided the colored ribbons for contributors because it kinda doesn't look all that great on the default theme (I don't even like the way the staff ones look, but it makes us stand out, I guess.) It doesn't help that the default ribbons that we're using look terrible, anyway. I'm still looking around to figure out what other options we have for those rank ribbons/badges. If I find something decent, maybe we can look into adding a bit of color.

Edit: Kind of partial to the periwinkle blue meself
Where do you think you are? :wink:

Reactions: Jaded

El Pablo

ಠ_ಠ
Contributor
Reaction score
We avoided the colored ribbons for contributors because it kinda doesn't look all that great on the default theme (I don't even like the way the staff ones look, but it makes us stand out, I guess.) It doesn't help that the default ribbons that we're using look terrible, anyway. I'm still looking around to figure out what other options we have for those rank ribbons/badges. If I find something decent, maybe we can look into adding a bit of color.

Where do you think you are? :wink:
I think he means our name color.

janissary

Reaction score
Stick top navbar stays on in Delta Dark, other two themes seem to have no problem though!