Rep Present Food Service Product List Coding HITs

Margaret Olson

Requester
Reaction score
Hi All,

I just published a batch of 1800 HITs. Please let me know if you have any questions or problems with it. I will post another qualification batch tomorrow for anyone interested.

Thanks,
Margaret

Reactions: Squatty

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Food Service Product List Coding | PANDA
Requester: Margaret Olson [A78Z7FJ8NW3J0] (TO)
TO Ratings: No TO (Submit a new TO rating for this requester)
Description: Given the description, unit of measure, and default category for a food service product supply the common name, correct category, and keywords
Time: 60 minutes
Hits Available: 1874
Reward: $0.08
Qualifications: Food Service Knowledge is 90; Location is one of: CA, US

Can you post here before you post the next qualification batch so we can be ready? :)

VGB

dr. peepee poopoo
Reaction score
Hi All,

I just published a batch of 1800 HITs. Please let me know if you have any questions or problems with it. I will post another qualification batch tomorrow for anyone interested.

Thanks,
Margaret
Looks like you set the qualification up slightly incorrectly. Its set so only those with a score of exactly 90 can do them (mine is 97). There should be an option for "at least x" that you can use... someone with more familiarity on the requester side may be able to help with the specifics.

Oh, and welcome to the forum! :wink:

T. Leela

Oh Lord...
Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks and welcome! I only ended up doing seven before they ran out; I was too buy talking about them to do them I guess :) So I'm glad to hear there will be another chance.

Margaret Olson

Requester
Reaction score
I just cancelled the batch (no one has a score of exactly 90!) and I'm republishing now. Sorry about that!

Reactions: Squatty and VGB

K'Lee

The Royal Taster
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Food Service Product List Coding | PANDA
Requester: Margaret Olson [A78Z7FJ8NW3J0] (TO)
TO Ratings: No TO (Submit a new TO rating for this requester)
Description: Given the description, unit of measure, and default category for a food service product supply the common name, correct category, and keywords
Time: 60 minutes
Hits Available: 1874
Reward: $0.08
Qualifications: Food Service Knowledge is 90; Location is one of: CA, US

Can you post here before you post the next qualification batch so we can be ready? :)
I sent a request for qualification, is there anything else I need to do?

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score
I sent a request for qualification, is there anything else I need to do?
Her first post says "I will post another qualification batch tomorrow for anyone interested." So it sounds like sending a request won't do anything. You'll have to wait for the batch of qualification HITs.

Reactions: Squatty and K'Lee

K'Lee

The Royal Taster
Contributor
Reaction score
Her first post says "I will post another qualification batch tomorrow for anyone interested." So it sounds like sending a request won't do anything. You'll have to wait for the batch of qualification HITs.
OK thanks. Maybe I read that to quickly.

Margaret Olson

Requester
Reaction score
Actually my problem is that I haven't figured out what is happening to requests for qualification. I am new to mturk, so please bear with me while I figure everything out. I want to make things as smooth as possible for you guys but being a newbie there may be a few bumps along the way.

It's about time for my beauty rest. I will check back in in the morning.

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score

T. Leela

Oh Lord...
Contributor
Reaction score
I have almost never had anything happen with a 'request for qualification' request, unless it happened to be set as an automatic one. I just assumed it was like clicking the button at the cross walk. Just there to make you feel like you were accomplishing something. :)

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score
I have almost never had anything happen with a 'request for qualification' request, unless it happened to be set as an automatic one. I just assumed it was like clicking the button at the cross walk. Just there to make you feel like you were accomplishing something. :)
There's a name for that!

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score

Margaret Olson

Requester
Reaction score
You have to use the API to get the qualifications request. If you are just getting started you are almost certainly doing things manually before writing code that turns out to be less than ideal. Also I suspect some requestors never switch over to automatic HIT requests depending on what their work is.

Reactions: T. Leela

Margaret Olson

Requester
Reaction score
All, I am going to put up more qualifications HITs in about 35 or 40 minutes (roughly 9:30 am eastern). I'm changing it a bit to make it clearer that you should only do 21 of these HITs. It's going to be only .01 per hit but the bonus for passing will be $6 instead of $5. I looked at the stats on the batches so far and people who pass the qualification can do the tasks in about 30 seconds each.

So far no one has scored 100% and I like to see scores above 90%. A few people did over a 100 and the first 20 or so completely predicted the end score.

Last edited:
Reactions: ducky

Margaret Olson

Requester
Reaction score
For my batch, I just figured out that the vendor DOES sell a small amount of meat. So if you see that code it as meat.

clickhappier

┬──┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)
Subforum Curator
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
It would be more convenient if Dry/Other were the default selection instead of Bev-NonAlc.