First Post: An Introduction

coffee.cup

ALL YOUR SURVEY ARE BELONG TO ME!
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I'm Coffee, or Cup, or CC or whatever else you wish to call me. You can call me Frank (not my name) if it makes us more friendly!

Anyway, I am within my first two weeks as an MTurk worker and found out that this seems to be the place to go for information to that regard--and here I am.

Things have been going pretty smoothly so far, I am learning well how to avoid shady/scammy HITs through trial and error and I am making good progress towards the coveted 1000 approved HITs goal.

My question to all of you experienced and new workers alike: What do I need to know?

I have some of the Chrome browser tools suggested in various forums, such as TO2, Tampermonkey, and MTurk Suite..

Are there other things I absolutely must have to increase my experience on MTurk?

Anyway, nice to 'meet' all of you. Any valuable tips, tricks, and insights would be greatly welcome. I'd certainly raise a mug to you!

-coffee

jan

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I'm Coffee, or Cup, or CC or whatever else you wish to call me. You can call me Frank (not my name) if it makes us more friendly!

Anyway, I am within my first two weeks as an MTurk worker and found out that this seems to be the place to go for information to that regard--and here I am.

Things have been going pretty smoothly so far, I am learning well how to avoid shady/scammy HITs through trial and error and I am making good progress towards the coveted 1000 approved HITs goal.

My question to all of you experienced and new workers alike: What do I need to know?

I have some of the Chrome browser tools suggested iI an various forums, such as TO2, Tampermonkey, and MTurk Suite..

Are there other things I absolutely must have to increase my experience on MTurk?

Anyway, nice to 'meet' all of you. Any valuable tips, tricks, and insights would be greatly welcome. I'd certainly raise a mug to you!

-coffee
I also use panda crazy to catch hits

Reactions: coffee.cup

jan

Reaction score
Thanks Jan. Can you point me to a good resource on how to learn to use it?
There are a couple of videos online (youtube) that I just googled. I'm sure they are adequate. Honestly, I'm the least competent computer-person on here - and I just figured it out myself. So, I'd just install it and open it up. You can add a HIT and PC will refresh automatically - trying to catch a specific HIT for you. Say there is a 2.00 HIT or a batch you like (that is being throddled). PC will just keep requesting Mturk for that HIT (It sends you accepting the HIT over and over and over).

With that 2.00 HIT, people throw things back (they get busy) or they nope out, or whatever. And then in an hour (or more!) - there it is in your queue. For batches, I work from my queue. So, PC is catching and catching.......and I'm in my queue working one after another.

You can't run too much in PC or you'll get PRE's (errors) and when you do, you aren't requesting anything. You're just getting 'blocked' by amazon, briefly. I try to catch one or, perhaps, two hits at a time.

coffee.cup

ALL YOUR SURVEY ARE BELONG TO ME!
Reaction score
You can't run too much in PC or you'll get PRE's (errors) and when you do, you aren't requesting anything. You're just getting 'blocked' by amazon, briefly. I try to catch one or, perhaps, two hits at a time.
Great information, thanks again!