Education Research/ Global Education

ducky

good brain, good life
Mentor
Contributor
Reaction score
Is physics B generally the same as physics 2 or should I mark it not found?
i googled this for you, apparently AP physics B is an old exam that was replaced 2 years ago by ap physics 1 and 2. so i guess if the site only lists exam 2, it technically isnt the same if the hit is asking for b

Kessikitty

Issac the Todd
Contributor
Reaction score
i googled this for you, apparently AP physics B is an old exam that was replaced 2 years ago by ap physics 1 and 2. so i guess if the site only lists exam 2, it technically isnt the same if the hit is asking for b
Oh thank you for this, I needed to update some exam discrepancy shit.
Physics 1 and 2 are new exams that replace Physics B. Physics C is still relevant, and they're entirely different exams. If they list only one set, they'renot the same, so say no if it's not the set asked for.

Reactions: MostlyConfused

catnapped

Relatively Unknown Member
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Does "AP Research" correspond to anything else? Never seem to find that one.

Reactions: MostlyConfused

ducky

good brain, good life
Mentor
Contributor
Reaction score
i saw a site that listed "Research" as a part of AP Capstone or something

Kessikitty

Issac the Todd
Contributor
Reaction score
AP Research is rarely granted credit, along with AP Seminar. They're considered "capstone" classes, and they are basically a free research/seminar period on whatever a student wants under teacher supervision. The exam is also scored weird, you submit your research/portfolio/materials to get a score on it, because there's no "standard". Since most universities don't just have random research/seminar credit on ANY topic (not just a major area topic) this credit is really rarely awarded.

catnapped

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
AP Research is rarely granted credit, along with AP Seminar. They're considered "capstone" classes, and they are basically a free research/seminar period on whatever a student wants under teacher supervision. The exam is also scored weird, you submit your research/portfolio/materials to get a score on it, because there's no "standard". Since most universities don't just have random research/seminar credit on ANY topic (not just a major area topic) this credit is really rarely awarded.
Yeah was just gonna say that I've never found "AP Seminar" either :)

NEETbro

Hikikomori NEET
Contributor
Reaction score
Despite all this awesome information i did about 80 or so of these before i knew any better. Please pray for me.

Reactions: Kessikitty

Kessikitty

Issac the Todd
Contributor
Reaction score
Despite all this awesome information i did about 80 or so of these before i knew any better. Please pray for me.
you'll be fine! if you message them, they may be responsive as well, so ask them about maybe improving the quality of your work?

Reactions: NEETbro
Reaction score
wow thanks for the thread. So just curious, on average how long are these taking you to complete? And what is my worst case scenario on longest one could take? Thanks

NEETbro

Hikikomori NEET
Contributor
Reaction score
you'll be fine! if you message them, they may be responsive as well, so ask them about maybe improving the quality of your work?
I will if it comes down to it i will. I get they are maybe? new to this? The I'm spoiled with not being able to submit a hit unless the hit is complete. I keep forgetting to hit yes or no on step 2 >.<

Kessikitty

Issac the Todd
Contributor
Reaction score
wow thanks for the thread. So just curious, on average how long are these taking you to complete? And what is my worst case scenario on longest one could take? Thanks
They take me usually 1-2 minutes. THe longest one too me so far was 5, but other people when just starting likely have longer times because of the confusion on what AP exams ARE and how policy works.

Reaction score
They take me usually 1-2 minutes. THe longest one too me so far was 5, but other people when just starting likely have longer times because of the confusion on what AP exams ARE and how policy works.
Thanks bro (or sis)

Kessikitty

Issac the Todd
Contributor
Reaction score
I will if it comes down to it i will. I get they are maybe? new to this? The I'm spoiled with not being able to submit a hit unless the hit is complete. I keep forgetting to hit yes or no on step 2 >.<
Oh, if it's something that minor they REALLY do not care. If you fill all the info but don't press yes or no they'r enot going to reject. LIke, if you somehow know all the course information but iddn't press yes, they assume it was a yes because the information is still good.
Either way, you'll be fine. I've blatantly done some WRONG and gotten no rejects from them. They posted under education research last week, so they're not totally new.

ccmet121

Contributor
Reaction score
So if the AP course doesn't show amount of credit received are you guys just leaving that part blank?

Kessikitty

Issac the Todd
Contributor
Reaction score
So if the AP course doesn't show amount of credit received are you guys just leaving that part blank?
Yes, you leave the credit hours blank, and leave a comment that the credit hours weren't listed. Basically anything odd, leave blank and comment.

ccmet121

Contributor
Reaction score
One more question. So for example .. Say on the first link you have to press a few more links to get the chart does that count as a YES?

Kessikitty

Issac the Todd
Contributor
Reaction score
One more question. So for example .. Say on the first link you have to press a few more links to get the chart does that count as a YES?
If the link isn't directly to the chart, and it isn't blatantly on the page, it's a no. If you find a link to it kinda deep in, you can leave it in the comments as where you found the info, and fill out the rest.

Reactions: ccmet121

catnapped

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Getting a lot of NO's (can't find) now :nailbite: