Do you know Austin?

UNU

UNU
Requester
Reaction score
Unanimous A.I. is putting together a “Best of Austin” guide for SXSW.

We’re starting with two short surveys to collect some information and then will hold an UNU to let the swarm pick the best spots. It’s going to be the first guide produced by a “human-powered A.I.”

We’re looking for Austin residents or people who know Austin (e.g., people that have been to SXSW, Austin Film Festival, etc.) to take either or both of the attached surveys. Participants will be in a drawing for $35 gift cards. And if they participate in the UNU, a $50 gift card.

Surveys are Closed.
UNU is on Thursday at 7pm CST. Let me know if you want to participate.

Last edited:
Reactions: kryss

clickhappier

┬──┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)
Subforum Curator
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score

We’re starting with two short surveys to collect some information and then will hold an UNU to let the swarm pick the best spots. It’s going to be the first guide produced by a “human-powered A.I.”

We’re looking for Austin residents or people who know Austin (e.g., people that have been to SXSW, Austin Film Festival, etc.) to take either or both of the attached surveys. Participants will be in a drawing for $35 gift cards. And if they participate in the UNU, a $50 gift card.

Here are the links for the surveys (each is only 10 questions):

Link for survey #1: https://www.research.net/r/YLWRB9J

Link for survey #2: https://www.research.net/r/Y7NRLGB

We’re trying to get as many responses as we can before Sunday.

Thanks!
I don't know how many Austin people will stumble across your forum threads about this and feel like taking a chance on the surveys before your deadline... you might consider posting a small HIT in MTurk to get more responses, with 'Location is US-TX' as a qual requirement. :)

Reactions: jklmnop and Tribune

jklmnop

data sanitation engineer
Reaction score

Here are the links for the surveys (each is only 10 questions):

Link for survey #1: https://www.research.net/r/YLWRB9J
Link for survey #2: https://www.research.net/r/Y7NRLGB

We’re trying to get as many responses as we can before Sunday.

Thanks!
(Changed the font color to be readable on dark themes)

This is a nice idea but it is important to note that the survey states if one participates in the UNU, they are put in a DRAWING for a $50 GC, not necessarily receiving a $50 GC. As someone who has spent half her life in Austin and is usually happy to help out with these kinds of things, I think it is unfortunate and rather stingy that these surveys are unpaid; you are asking for a lot of specific information and offering little in return.

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score
I don't know how many Austin people will stumble across your forum threads about this and feel like taking a chance on the surveys before your deadline... you might consider posting a small HIT in MTurk to get more responses, with 'Location is US-TX' as a qual requirement. :)
But keep in mind that using the US-TX qualification could exclude people who actually live in Texas but weren't able to get their qualification changed by MTurk when they moved there, and also could include people who have the US-TX qualification because that's where they started their account but have moved away and weren't able to get the qualification changed to their new state. If you truly want people who live IN Texas only, it'd be best to set up a separate qualification HIT asking for state of residence and then assigning a qualification to people who answer saying Texas.

Reactions: UNU

UNU

UNU
Requester
Reaction score
(Changed the font color to be readable on dark themes)

This is a nice idea but it is important to note that the survey states if one participates in the UNU, they are put in a DRAWING for a $50 GC, not necessarily receiving a $50 GC. As someone who has spent half her life in Austin and is usually happy to help out with these kinds of things, I think it is unfortunate and rather stingy that these surveys are unpaid; you are asking for a lot of specific information and offering little in return.
Thanks for your feedback and I take your point. We do a lot of HITs and we're very sensitive to the level of commitment we ask of Turkers. This survey isn't actually a HIT though. It's a project that Unanimous A.I. is running and I figured I would post it here in case there were interested and knowledgeable people who wanted to take part.

ClamBurglar

Reaction score
Thanks for your feedback and I take your point. We do a lot of HITs and we're very sensitive to the level of commitment we ask of Turkers. This survey isn't actually a HIT though. It's a project that Unanimous A.I. is running and I figured I would post it here in case there were interested and knowledgeable people who wanted to take part.
When are the UNUs for this taking place?

UNU

UNU
Requester
Reaction score
We are scheduling them now. They will most likely occur on Tuesday or Thursday evening and last about 15 minutes. If you are familiar with Austin and interested in participating, send me an email and I'll make sure you receive an invitation.

ClamBurglar

Reaction score
We are scheduling them now. They will most likely occur on Tuesday or Thursday evening and last about 15 minutes. If you are familiar with Austin and interested in participating, send me an email and I'll make sure you receive an invitation.
Was there an email somewhere that I could send to? I did send an email to DB, not sure if you are the same person or not.

UNU

UNU
Requester
Reaction score
Was there an email somewhere that I could send to? I did send an email to DB, not sure if you are the same person or not.
Got your note. You are on the invite list for the Austin UNUs. Thanks!

UNU

UNU
Requester
Reaction score
UNU is going to be on Thursday at 7pm CST. Anyone familiar with Austin is welcome. Send me an email (david@unanimousai.com) and I'll send you the invite. Participants are eligible for a $50 gift card.