DietBet Sign Ups (Sort of)

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
okay, I dusted off my chargeHR and I'm gonna start wearing it again. I'm pretty sure I made up that it irritated my skin so that I wouldn't feel guilty about not meeting my step goals.

TQueen @TQueen add me on fitbit.

TQueen

Southern Sweetness
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
okay, I dusted off my chargeHR and I'm gonna start wearing it again. I'm pretty sure I made up that it irritated my skin so that I wouldn't feel guilty about not meeting my step goals.

TQueen @TQueen add me on fitbit.
I sent you a request, did you get it? :eek:

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
I sent you a request, did you get it? :eek:
Oops yes! It put you at the bottom of my notifications instead of the top so I got confused!

Reactions: TQueen

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
SO ideas so far

fitness prizes
* Steps?
* Workouts?
weight loss
* Inches lost?
* Percentage of weight lost

small prizes per week, (amount between 1-5$ depending on participation. Funds come from the "bets" placed by participants.)

Where do we keep the funds/how to collect? Seems like paypal would be a good place, payouts could be hits, or through paypal either way.

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
Steps:
Everyone probably has different goals, so maybe could base it off of a reasonable goal and peoples achieving that. We could also have highest steps of the week for a small prize?
Workouts:
Time spent working out? Number of workouts?

Weightloss:
Well that one is probably easy, either set a specific percentage or whoever has the highest percentage lost over X amount?

Inches:
I don't know why I put that one there.

Oh, for the fitbit people with the app we could do challenges, if those still exist.

Last edited:

TQueen

Southern Sweetness
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Steps:
Everyone probably has different goals, so maybe could base it off of a reasonable goal and peoples achieving that. We could also have highest steps of the week for a small prize?
Workouts:

Weightloss:
Well that one is probably easy, either set a specific percentage or whoever has the highest percentage lost over X amount?

Inches:

Oh, for the fitbit people with the app we could do challenges, if those still exist.
They do in FitBit. We could all join a Workweek Hustle for the step competition.

Reactions: Vanyanka and Jaded

Matilda Jones

Grey Ghost
Contributor
Reaction score
I have a fitbit chargeHR and I didn't like wearing it either because I swear the HR monitor gives me a rash or makes my bones hurt after a while. But I plugged it in this morning and can hopefully remember to wear it. I like the idea of weekly goals/competitions and one bigger one. Helps keep you motivated if you can make progress towards smaller goals.

Reactions: Jaded

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
I have a fitbit chargeHR and I didn't like wearing it either because I swear the HR monitor gives me a rash or makes my bones hurt after a while. But I plugged it in this morning and can hopefully remember to wear it. I like the idea of weekly goals/competitions and one bigger one. Helps keep you motivated if you can make progress towards smaller goals.

You should add me/us on fitbit too! I really like the idea of us doing a workweek hustle or the weekend ones any of them really :D Would be a nice way to keep track!

Reactions: Matilda Jones

Matilda Jones

Grey Ghost
Contributor
Reaction score
You should add me/us on fitbit too! I really like the idea of us doing a workweek hustle or the weekend ones any of them really :D Would be a nice way to keep track!
I think I just added you! Or sent a request.

Vanyanka

Thoroughbred of Sin
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Steps:
Workouts:

Weightloss:

Inches:

I accepted your friend request. How did you find me? This is scary.

Vanyanka

Thoroughbred of Sin
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I'm really, really, really, really, really picky about who I add on FB so I'm not sure if I'd be into that if it was a lot of people from here. Maybe if it was a few...?
I don't like people knowing my full name either.

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score
TQueen @TQueen Jaded @Jaded electrolyte @electrolyte

I want to get a fitbit... but there's a lot of them.

Recommendations?
I got the Charge HR because I wanted a heart rate monitor for cardiovascular training for hiking. If you don't need the heart rate part, then you could probably pick the Flex which is cheaper since it doesn't have that.

Reactions: kryss