DietBet Sign Ups (Sort of)

Matilda Jones

Grey Ghost
Contributor
Reaction score
Well step one to my "eating healthier" plan, the M&M cookies I made today as a treat for my husband are horrible. They spread out into these flat butter disks with a hundred M&Ms apiece. They look like alien faces with cyctic acne. He'll still eat them, but they look so sad.

Reactions: Jaded

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
I did not have any ideas, turns out trying to brainstorm while playing wow is not a good thing.

Reactions: Katiee

JenniLeigh

Batch Betta Have My Money
Contributor
Reaction score
My friend is sending me his Fitbit :LOL:
He's a runner... so he hasn't been using it :)

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
What if we did something for like, everyone contributes 5/10 dollars (nothing huge cause we're poor turkers) and then the winners (verified some how, maybe a group for fitness and a group for weightloss) split the amount?

Winners being more people hitting their goal than actual loss or whatnot.

TQueen

Southern Sweetness
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
What if we did something for like, everyone contributes 5/10 dollars (nothing huge cause we're poor turkers) and then the winners (verified some how, maybe a group for fitness and a group for weightloss) split the amount?

We could do the contributing, then maybe split the competitions into steps/food/weightloss?

Vanyanka

Thoroughbred of Sin
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score

My husband did a $200 bet at work where they each had to say % of their body weight they wanted to lose. He's been sabotaging people by putting bowls of candy on their desk. If he is the only one who loses what he pledged, he's gets $800!

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
My husband did a $200 bet at work where they each had to say % of their body weight they wanted to lose. He's been sabotaging people by putting bowls of candy on their desk. If he is the only one who loses what he pledged, he's gets $800!
Dirty :eek: But awesome.

I'm gonna go take a treadmill walk, and think of more things.

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
Okay, so during my treadmill walk I thought of nothing. I took a picture of the panel but that's all.

Maybe daily step challenges for those with fitbit devices, (or similar) for those w/out maybe they could log workouts with mapmyfitness (free) or similar and compete that way?

Mapmyfitness won't work for the treadmill for me. Or at least it would be the same as wearing it while sitting at my desk. Here is what the panel on my treadmill looks like so maybe something similar for those that have a treadmill or similar?

giant picture is giant.

For weight loss people overall weight loss wouldn't be fair. Obviously, I can lose a lot more, in a shorter time period, than someone who only needs to lose like 50 pounds. So maybe a percentage for weight loss targets, those shouldn't be daily cause of random fluctuations. Maybe a weekly weigh in?

I dont' know how to do prizes, I like the idea of everyone contributing and splitting the winnings for overall ,but I figure small prizes throughout would be a good way to do it as well? Maybe split the pot in half and then half goes to small prizes throughout and half goes to the big prize at the end? (other ideas welcome as that one seems bad.)

Reactions: TQueen

Hotlamp

Thats Not Me
Reaction score
I've been meaning to lose some weight, but I also looked at the Disqualification rules. If you lose too much too fast you get DQ'd. I think that's silly.

I go abnormally hard when I do anything so I'd probably just get DQ'd.

Reactions: heeheehahaha

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
I've been meaning to lose some weight, but I also looked at the Disqualification rules. If you lose too much too fast you get DQ'd. I think that's silly.

I go abnormally hard when I do anything so I'd probably just get DQ'd.
I think we're pretty much agreed that we won't use dietbet itself at the moment because there are a lot of different goals, and not all of them will be suitable for dietbet. You should still join the mfp group though while we think of other things!!

edit: well as of now no dietbet, that could change idk.

Last edited:

TQueen

Southern Sweetness
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Okay, so during my treadmill walk I thought of nothing. I took a picture of the panel but that's all.

Maybe daily step challenges for those with fitbit devices, (or similar) for those w/out maybe they could log workouts with mapmyfitness (free) or similar and compete that way?

Mapmyfitness won't work for the treadmill for me. Or at least it would be the same as wearing it while sitting at my desk. Here is what the panel on my treadmill looks like so maybe something similar for those that have a treadmill or similar?

giant picture is giant.

For weight loss people overall weight loss wouldn't be fair. Obviously, I can lose a lot more, in a shorter time period, than someone who only needs to lose like 50 pounds. So maybe a percentage for weight loss targets, those shouldn't be daily cause of random fluctuations. Maybe a weekly weigh in?

I dont' know how to do prizes, I like the idea of everyone contributing and splitting the winnings for overall ,but I figure small prizes throughout would be a good way to do it as well? Maybe split the pot in half and then half goes to small prizes throughout and half goes to the big prize at the end? (other ideas welcome as that one seems bad.)
I think for weight loss the % would be the only way to go, since everyone is different shapes and sizes.

What if we set up like little weekly prizes? One for weight, one for steps? Something small, could be like $1/week. Then maybe set up a long term goal and win a bigger prize? We could all donate and that could be used for the pot?

Just brainstorming.

Reactions: Matilda Jones

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
What if we set up like little weekly prizes? One for weight, one for steps? Something small, could be like $1/week
I like that, a weekly check-in wouldn't be too much work either. a $1-$5 prize per week would be good, ($5 if we have al ot of participation, lower if not?)

Reactions: Vanyanka and TQueen

TQueen

Southern Sweetness
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I like that, a weekly check-in wouldn't be too much work either. a $1-$5 prize per week would be good, ($5 if we have al ot of participation, lower if not?)
Yeah that sounds good. Maybe have like a Monday Weigh In/Step Log?

TQueen

Southern Sweetness
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I'll probably just screen shot my FitBit for my exercise log. MFP isn't really good for the step thing. It's got a great database for food tho :eek:

Reactions: Vanyanka

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
I'll probably just screen shot my FitBit for my exercise log. MFP isn't really good for the step thing. It's got a great database for food tho :eek:
I like fitbit's exercise log :o It's really nice, that would probably be better to submit. I know MFP has a chart somewhere if you link your fitbit but I can't remember where.

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
I'm seriously tempted to buy a new fitbit that doesn't require being in a specific spot on my wrist, the chargeHR is really great but where it was setting was really uncomfortable.

TQueen

Southern Sweetness
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I'm seriously tempted to buy a new fitbit that doesn't require being in a specific spot on my wrist, the chargeHR is really great but where it was setting was really uncomfortable.

Get a FitBit.

We can be friends on there and I can bother you 24/7.