COVID-19 and HIT quantity/quality

craig1954

College prof
Reaction score
This may have been discussed already. I started during the time when universities were shutting down. Is it reasonable to say that as we open back up that the quantity and value of HITs will improve?

Reactions: Blakkat

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
This may have been discussed already. I started during the time when universities were shutting down. Is it reasonable to say that as we open back up that the quantity and value of HITs will improve?
It's possible, but it's hard to say. Summers can often be a bit slower, even without a pandemic going on, so even with things opening back up, that doesn't necessarily mean there will be more work. MTurk can be pretty unpredictable though, so you never really know.

Reactions: Blakkat

Blakkat

Contributor
Reaction score
There is usually a slow-down in hits during the summer, holidays, etc. BUT, there are other opportunities to make money on the platform, depending on what quals you have, and also what there is current interest in. Covid surveys, politics, current events, and an election year, make it possible to float us through the summer.

Edit: but as aveline @aveline says, mturk can be unpredictable. I am optimistic, though...

Last edited:
Reactions: scout

Blakkat

Contributor
Reaction score
wrong thread post

Last edited:

Blakkat

Contributor
Reaction score
wrong thread post

Last edited: