Coloring, Drawing, Painting

KittyRaces

lengthening my shitlist by the minute
Contributor
Reaction score
This is why I'm poor. I'm coloring instead of working.

This one's name isn't decided yet. Though for now she's called Cyrene.

And I hate her.

EDIT: I tried to make it smaller but it didn't work. The weridly colored white blob in the tree is whiteout.
Do you hate her because you don't like how you colored her or because she looks like an evil witch bitch? :wink:

Reactions: Jaded

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
Do you hate her because you don't like how you colored her or because she looks like an evil witch bitch? :wink:
It's definitely cause she's evil. She keeps killing my favorite people.

EDIT: She may or may not be another story person.

Last edited:

KittyRaces

Contributor
Reaction score
It's definitely cause she's evil. She keeps killing my favorite people.

EDIT: She may or may not be another story person.
Ooooh that blue-lipped witch!!

KittyRaces

Contributor
Reaction score
That was my reaction when I saw even the sets are like 50% off.. But I don't have the extra money for any of it right now. :( so bummed.

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
But :( That you can't get any.

Thanks for letting me know I snagged a set of them cause that's a damn good price and i really wanted to try Prismacolor

Reactions: KittyRaces

KittyRaces

Contributor
Reaction score
But :( That you can't get any.

Thanks for letting me know I snagged a set of them cause that's a damn good price and i really wanted to try Prismacolor
NP! I knew that somebody might be interested and there are sometimes so many lightning deals that, unless I look daily or have a thing on my WL already, I don't notice. :)

rabbie

Queer Turker
Contributor
Reaction score
Whenever I really need new art supplies, I find a lot of love in the art supplies section of ebay, and then clicking 'auction'. I've snagged a LOT of deals that way. Also craigslist, especially if you're in a bigger city, or even just asking around family, because plenty of people pick stuff up and then later decide never to use it again.

KittyRaces

Contributor
Reaction score
So, my aunt ended up buying me a 48 color set of the Prismacolors when they were mega cheap and they just showed up today. Accompanied by a swear word coloring book done by a friend of hers.

I have to say.. These pencils are like sex. The cores are SO soft. And they lay down color SO well. Imma need more of these. :rolleyes:

Reactions: essjay and Jaded

Lepi

Some Kind of Sneaky Witch Thief
Contributor
Reaction score
I do a lot of my coloring/drawing/image manipulation on the computer, because while I really love doing art... my hands really hate holding small objects. I drop things easily, and my hands jitter around, or it just plain hurts. So I use a mouse to do pretty much the same thing.

Here's the latest thing I've been working on for... like... 2 weeks now I think.

I'm not really sure what to call it, because it's not a DRAWING... it's... I dunno, it's An Art.

This actually started out as a collection of 200 something individual screenshots. I picked out 6 of the ones that I liked the best and composited them together to make one usable face. From there, I started recoloring and re-sculpting everything. His eyebrows had to be thickened and resculpted, darkened, and re-textured so that they looked like... well, eyebrows. I resized his eyes and moved his eyelids to make him more glare-y and less deer in the headlights. Minor changes were made to his mouth, nose, and ears. I added scar details and some dirt, darkened his facial hair. Widened and thickened his shoulders and his forehead.

His clothing started out blue, so I recolored it and added that spiffy belt collar thing, closed the neck line some. Added that little tiny bit of a dog tag that's peeping out of his shirt.

Then I reduced the image down to a smaller set of colors and shades- down from 100 individual shades to 8.

The background is from scratch, that was just drawing on paint/GIMP.

Then I put him over the background and reduced the number of colors again- the whole image is made of 9-10 colors I think.

Then I smudged and softened the whole thing to give it more of an oil painting look.

And then of course my husband comes in and tells me it looks like a Communist propaganda poster.

Lepi

Contributor
Reaction score
I made another Art
Hopefully this is just the first in a series. It's one of the Daedra from The Elder Scrolls series. This is Azura. She's the Daedric Prince of Dusk and Dawn. One of the few Daedric Lords who's considered not entirely evil, but she'll still mess you up pretty good if you piss her off.

Last edited:

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
I made another Art

Hopefully this is just the first in a series. It's one of the Daedra from The Elder Scrolls series. This is Azura. She's the Daedric Prince of Dusk and Dawn. One of the few Daedric Lords who's considered not entirely evil, but she'll still mess you up pretty good if you piss her off.
That's really pretty!

Reactions: MerryLou

Lepi

Contributor
Reaction score
That's really pretty!
Why thank you. I think this may be my art groove, something about all the little itty bitty lines is really relaxing.