Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
I'm beginning to think that, for whatever reason, I can't print off Jasmine Beckett-Griffith grayscale pages. (Which sucks, because I think her grayscale is beautiful, even if a touch too dark.) The ink just seems to rub off for her, which doesn't make any sense.

Here is the image I'm working on:

Now here's a print of it I haven't started working on. Even though I haven't colored (much of) bottom girl, she's already blurry for whatever reason.

That previous grayscale picture (blue dress girl) was Selina Fenech and printed with the same printer, but she didn't smudge. It's so weird.

I just got new ink, so I want to blame that, but the last time I tried to print and color JBG grayscale it did this. I blamed the paper at the time. JBG's grayscales are much darker than Selina's, maybe that has something to do with it? Dunno, just kinda rambling at this point cause I'm bored.

scrmcasey

Skynet Aide
Gamemaster
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
I'm beginning to think that, for whatever reason, I can't print off Jasmine Beckett-Griffith grayscale pages. (Which sucks, because I think her grayscale is beautiful, even if a touch too dark.) The ink just seems to rub off for her, which doesn't make any sense.

Here is the image I'm working on:

Now here's a print of it I haven't started working on. Even though I haven't colored (much of) bottom girl, she's already blurry for whatever reason.

That previous grayscale picture (blue dress girl) was Selina Fenech and printed with the same printer, but she didn't smudge. It's so weird.

I just got new ink, so I want to blame that, but the last time I tried to print and color JBG grayscale it did this. I blamed the paper at the time. JBG's grayscales are much darker than Selina's, maybe that has something to do with it? Dunno, just kinda rambling at this point cause I'm bored.
I don't know what the issue is, though I'm sure its some weird combo of paper/ink, but I'm in love that picture.

Reactions: Jaded

scrmcasey

Skynet Aide
Gamemaster
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
Despite the weird smudging/flaking I think it turned out okay
Oh I love it!! You did amazing. Which book is this from? She keeps sending me emails about a new book, and I'm trying so hard to be good.

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
Oh I love it!! You did amazing. Which book is this from? She keeps sending me emails about a new book, and I'm trying so hard to be good.
Thanks!

I actually got this from her Patreon page! i donated for a month or two and ended up with like 15 pages (grayscale and lineart) I wish I didnt love her work so much, I'll probably buy anything she puts out. (Her and selina)

Reactions: scrmcasey

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score

More patreonthings. Can't decide what color to do the wings. I'm coloring it for someone who likes blue so I was trying to make everything blue. I'm thinking a really dark blue would work for the wings? Maybe? (Still having ink flaking issues but it doesn't seem to be quite so bad?)

scrmcasey

Skynet Aide
Gamemaster
Sole Survivor
Reaction score

More patreonthings. Can't decide what color to do the wings. I'm coloring it for someone who likes blue so I was trying to make everything blue. I'm thinking a really dark blue would work for the wings? Maybe? (Still having ink flaking issues but it doesn't seem to be quite so bad?)
I'm in love! You did amazing. Keep it dark, definitely. I agree that a dark blue will look awesome.

scrmcasey

Skynet Aide
Gamemaster
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
Oh, and stop making me want to go to patreon and get all stuffs.

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
I'm in love! You did amazing. Keep it dark, definitely. I agree that a dark blue will look awesome.
Thanks, I had the idea of making it blue, but the light parts (that should probably be covered in white to look like light reflecting could be purple to make it look sorta iridescent? dunno haven't thought it through enoug yet

Oh, and stop making me want to go to patreon and get all stuffs.
:nope:

Reactions: scrmcasey

scrmcasey

Skynet Aide
Gamemaster
Sole Survivor
Reaction score

Vanyanka

Thoroughbred of Sin
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Does anyone have recommendations on markers that can be used in coloring books to color larger areas? I use the Staedtler fine tips, which I love, but suck at big spaces.

Reactions: A6_Foul_Out

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
Does anyone have recommendations on markers that can be used in coloring books to color larger areas? I use the Staedtler fine tips, which I love, but suck at big spaces.
I'm not a fan of markers so I didnt like them, but the prismacolor dual tip markers seemed to be pretty good in big spaces.

Vanyanka

Thoroughbred of Sin
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I'm not a fan of markers so I didnt like them, but the prismacolor dual tip markers seemed to be pretty good in big spaces.
Those look amazing but wowza on the price. I need to justify the cost somehow. Ideas?