Chances of new Mturker making $300 CAD in 9 days?

InaJam

Reaction score
Hello,

Im definitely In a jam.....I'm starting a new job, and need to come up with $300 BEFORE my payday at the new job, to pay for the rest of my airbnb stay after a family member who said they would help, is unable to help 9 days prior...

Is it realistic for me to put effort into this (I plan on eventually doing it in my spare time anyways)

Or should I continue looking for cash jobs/trying to sell stuff?

SIDE NOTE: I am already completing HITs very slowly...made about $0.02 in the last 30 minutes. Completely new to this.

Reactions: jan

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
Hello,

Im definitely In a jam.....I'm starting a new job, and need to come up with $300 BEFORE my payday at the new job, to pay for the rest of my airbnb stay after a family member who said they would help, is unable to help 9 days prior...

Is it realistic for me to put effort into this (I plan on eventually doing it in my spare time anyways)

Or should I continue looking for cash jobs/trying to sell stuff?

SIDE NOTE: I am already completing HITs very slowly...made about $0.02 in the last 30 minutes. Completely new to this.
If you're brand new, I would say it's probably not realistic to expect that. Things are kinda slow right now and even people that have been around for a bit have been struggling. I wouldn't say it's impossible, but even if you devote "full time" hours to this for the next nine days, with no real qualifications or established workflow, I would say $300 CAD is highly unlikely.

Reactions: ducky

InaJam

Reaction score
Hey sometimes the truth hurts. However I welcome the honesty, without this reply I was going to see if I could spend a day "going hard" lol. I'll return in a much more stable situation, wiser and thankful for your help aveline :)

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
Hey sometimes the truth hurts. However I welcome the honesty, without this reply I was going to see if I could spend a day "going hard" lol. I'll return in a much more stable situation, wiser and thankful for your help aveline :)
You're welcome. But yeah, like I said, it's not necessarily impossible, but I do think it would be really tough.

But if you decide to give it a go anyway, I would recommend checking out the guide here if you haven't already. I think it's a good resource for a lot of the scripts and tools that we use, and is full of helpful pointers.
https://www.mturkcrowd.com/threads/mturk-guide-getting-started-on-mechanical-turk.4431/

Good luck!

Reactions: ducky