Calling Out all Vapers!

Cmoney

Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Who in here is a vaper or interested in vaping? If you do vape what do you use and preferred flavors?
The tank you linked in the work thread was $49.99... what is a battery, charger, start liquid... seems like a high start up cost

Reactions: PhantomCatt

Yungskell

Mturk Hustler
Banned
Contributor
Reaction score

PhantomCatt

Sweet & Sassy
Reaction score
Any good recommendations for a total newbie? I've vaped before but they were always friend's devices, gifts, or the el cheapo one's you buy at the gas station. I want one I can recharge and refill, but have no idea where to even start and what all I would need to purchase as a beginner who's not entirely sure how long term this will be. I've done it off and on. Hoping to do it more and stop smoking at least inside my house all together. The smell is really starting to get to me...

Cmoney

Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
That still seems like a high start cost. As PhantomCatt @PhantomCatt said, I've bought lil $65 kits from gas stations before and have bought the single use ones before but, am a noob.
Is it really worth the investment to buy a real rig and such?

Cmoney

Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
BEASTLY BECAUSE
The Tesla Three Box fires up like an absolute champ! Toss in some low resistance coils to unleash the BEAST!

I have no idea what this means... what is a low resistance coil?

Yungskell

Mturk Hustler
Banned
Contributor
Reaction score
Cmoney @Cmoney Low resistance coil is any coil under 1.0 OHMS that tank has .15 ohm coils i run at 100 watts nice cloud of smoke great flavor. I quit smoking 2.5 years ago by vaping!

Reactions: Itsmee and Cmoney

Yungskell

Mturk Hustler
Banned
Contributor
Reaction score

Beowulf1969

Reaction score
My wife and I quit smoking 5 years ago by vaping. We still vape some. The initial investment can be a bit expensive but it can save a ton of money over time. A pretty cheap starter unit that gives a surprisingly satisfying throat hit is the eGo AIO from joytech. I use a k-100 because they are simple and really tough, I'm hard on things so I need tough. The k-100 is a dinosaur by current standards so it's also really cheap. My wife has a crazy box unit with lots of high-tech features but I don't know what it's called off the top of my head and wouldn't recommend it to a noob anyway because it's expensive and complicated.

Reactions: Yungskell

Beowulf1969

Reaction score
Oh, and I use Liqua eliquid. Turkish tobacco. It's harsh and the closest to a real smoke I've found. And it's relatively inexpensive. My wife prefers vanilla Gremlin juice or Cyclops brand.

Reactions: Yungskell

Drwho10

Mister Gank Yo Hits
Contributor
Reaction score
One of my favorite go to juice places is https://thesaucela.com/collections/juice-quantities-of-5
They're a local company here in southern california. They're running a promo that ends today for $1.99 30mls up to 5 bottles code "TASTER"
They frequently have 50% off codes and stuff too so if you use that on the BOGO deal they have on the site it brings 120ml bottles down to $12 or less

As far as my setup goes I've been enjoying old school vaping lately. Using a SMPL mod clone with a derringer rda clone. compact and clean setup

Last edited:

Drwho10

Mister Gank Yo Hits
Contributor
Reaction score
Any good recommendations for a total newbie? I've vaped before but they were always friend's devices, gifts, or the el cheapo one's you buy at the gas station. I want one I can recharge and refill, but have no idea where to even start and what all I would need to purchase as a beginner who's not entirely sure how long term this will be. I've done it off and on. Hoping to do it more and stop smoking at least inside my house all together. The smell is really starting to get to me...
If you want something that hits similar to a cigarette on the cheap I usually recommend the eleaf icare kits. The coils are cheap and all you have to do is fill it and charge it with a usb. Get a higher nicotine % so you get a hard throat hit that you're used to from cigs and it should satisfy you. Generally in a tank or starter kit you want a mouth to lung style draw if you're coming from cigs since that's what you'll be used to. The icare doesn't have a button either, it activates on draw so it won't be a weird transition for you. You can find them from a lot of shops online for under $20 often closer to $12-$15 Look up reviews on youtube to get a better idea.

Reactions: PhantomCatt

PhantomCatt

Sweet & Sassy
Reaction score
If you want something that hits similar to a cigarette on the cheap I usually recommend the eleaf icare kits. The coils are cheap and all you have to do is fill it and charge it with a usb. Get a higher nicotine % so you get a hard throat hit that you're used to from cigs and it should satisfy you. Generally in a tank or starter kit you want a mouth to lung style draw if you're coming from cigs since that's what you'll be used to. The icare doesn't have a button either, it activates on draw so it won't be a weird transition for you. You can find them from a lot of shops online for under $20 often closer to $12-$15 Look up reviews on youtube to get a better idea.
Thank you so much for taking the time to share this info. I think this will really help in my search of finding one I like :)

Reactions: Drwho10

minkyboodle

"And there you have it"
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I don't know how good/bad these are, but there is an offer for a free sample of e-liquids here. Per my understanding, you can choose multiple (though I only chose three of each of the two brands to not seem greedy). My friend sent me an e-cig vapey thing but I won't get it until tomorrow, so I don't know much about it yet. May have some questions and such once I do. For now, hope y'all find the free sample thingy useful.

minkyboodle

"And there you have it"
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Yungskell @Yungskell (or anyone else, really) How long does a 30ml bottle last you? And how heavy is your usage, with that estimate? Trying to get an idea of costs and such. Thankies in advance!

Yungskell

Mturk Hustler
Banned
Contributor
Reaction score
Yungskell @Yungskell (or anyone else, really) How long does a 30ml bottle last you? And how heavy is your usage, with that estimate? Trying to get an idea of costs and such. Thankies in advance!

30 mil bottle last me 2 days or so....i been buying in bulk from a website (Shameless Plug) Ohmvapors.com pretty reasonably priced i vape pretty heavy

nickhatesyou

TQUEEN IS LITERALLY THE PETTIEST EVER
Reaction score
I use a smok stick v8 (with the .15 baby beast coils) and my favorite juice is respek by transistor but the last few days i've been vaping Sour Worms by Candyking. I also have an egrip II but I don't really ever use it.

ecko

Contributor
Reaction score
30 mil bottle last me 2 days or so....i been buying in bulk from a website (Shameless Plug) Ohmvapors.com pretty reasonably priced i vape pretty heavy
I use about the same amount as you 10-15ml a day, i started mixing my own juice a few months ago. saves a good bit of money and lets you mix up whatever flavors you want. Right now i am using a noisy cricket II and a goon rda, great combo if you are into that kind of vape.