Books, Books, Books

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
Wizard of the Grove is probably my favorite book and I've read it like 9 times I don't know why.

That is all.

Reactions: A6_Foul_Out

hyway

Contributor
Reaction score
Wizard of the Grove is probably my favorite book and I've read it like 9 times I don't know why.

That is all.
I've only read the Valor series (several times) They are great. I didn't realize she has so many fantasy novels. I'll have to check them out

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
I've only read the Valor series (several times) They are great. I didn't realize she has so many fantasy novels. I'll have to check them out
Fifth quarter is a good one too. I just really like her style. I've read a couple others by her, but those stuck out the most.

hyway

Contributor
Reaction score
Fifth quarter is a good one too. I just really like her style. I've read a couple others by her, but those stuck out the most.
I don't know about the other novels but I like the way she creates female characters that are strong and capable without making them men with boobs or damsels succeeding in the face of male domination.

TSolo315

SnapNCrackle
Administrator
Reaction score
Some books I've read recently:

First few books of the Dresden files series -- I'm liking the series so far, seems to be getting better as it goes on.

East of Eden -- I'm a fan of Steinbeck but had never found the time to read this. It was very good. Kind of a slow paced, relaxing book that managed to never be boring. Very intimate to the characters, who were written well.

World War Z -- Zombie apocalypse on a global scale. This book was fun and interesting, not the average zombie book.

Siddhartha -- I... didn't really like this one. Didn't connect with me as much as it seems to do with most people. Still worth the read.

Vanyanka

Thoroughbred of Sin
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Some books I've read recently:

First few books of the Dresden files series -- I'm liking the series so far, seems to be getting better as it goes on.

East of Eden -- I'm a fan of Steinbeck but had never found the time to read this. It was very good. Kind of a slow paced, relaxing book that managed to never be boring. Very intimate to the characters, who were written well.

World War Z -- Zombie apocalypse on a global scale. This book was fun and interesting, not the average zombie book.

Siddhartha -- I... didn't really like this one. Didn't connect with me as much as it seems to do with most people. Still worth the read.
I love the Dresden Files! It's definitely one of those series that gets better as it goes on. The author figures out what he wants the story to be. East of Eden is wonderful and one of my favorites.

I'm reading "What are You Looking at: The Surprising, Shocking and Sometimes Strange History of Modern Art" by Will Gompertz. It's really well done and far more engaging than the average non-fiction book.

My fiction book of the moment is, "Blood Rubies" by Michael McDowell." It's horror/gothic written by someone who can really write. I love all his books.

Last edited:

Taytay

Reaction score
Well one of my favorite book series is the Left Behind Series!:) I am currently trying to find a new good read, I enjoy romance novels, and mystery type books!:) Any suggestions would be appreciated!:)

basketcasey

Curiouser and curiouser
Mentor
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Super Smart
Reaction score

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Just finished reading The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova. It's a pretty dense book but so good! A teeeeny bit disappointed with the ending, but oh well. Totally worth it. Now on to rereading the Ender's Game series by Orson Scott Card. I only remember the first book, so I'm pretty excited :)

Reactions: basketcasey

basketcasey

Curiouser and curiouser
Mentor
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Super Smart
Reaction score
Just finished reading The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova. It's a pretty dense book but so good! A teeeeny bit disappointed with the ending, but oh well. Totally worth it. Now on to rereading the Ender's Game series by Orson Scott Card. I only remember the first book, so I'm pretty excited :)
Love The Historian!

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Love The Historian!
I read it in high school but came across it in a thrift store for a dime, so I grabbed it. I loved it so much more this time around, I guess because I could actually keep up with the history and everything this time. Definitely one I'll read a third time.