Bonuses - TO

Requester2019

Reaction score
I saw that there are requesters who create a HIT with a low reward (few cents) and pay the rest as a bonus reward, enabling payment according to the performance and effort of the workers.
Can such a system affect the rating in TO? In other words, is the bonus calculated too or the requester considered to be one who pays low (based on the few cents only)?

Thanks!

Reactions: teal4life

jan

Reaction score
I saw that there are requesters who create a HIT with a low reward (few cents) and pay the rest as a bonus reward, enabling payment according to the performance and effort of the workers.
Can such a system affect the rating in TO? In other words, is the bonus calculated too or the requester considered to be one who pays low (based on the few cents only)?

Thanks!
Everyone reviews in a slightly different way.

But, your interest is in good work, no? If it's a batch - the best system is to set up a qualification HIT and then offer the qual to 'good' workers. You can always remove the qualification if you find that a worker is not meeting your stated needs. But if people know what you want - you communicate well those needs - most workers want to do good work. And they want to work for a fair wage :).

Just make the instructions very clear. Set up the qualification so that folks can see the work and learn what you want.

Requester2019

Reaction score
Thank you for your repsone!
But is the average hourly rate expected to decline?
That is, is it automatic or manually reported by workers?
The reward (including the bonus) will be fair, I just want to make sure the bonus is will be also included in the TO reviews.

Thanks again :)

Last edited:

sarcasta

sleepy kitshark
Reaction score
Thank you for your repsone!
But is the average hourly rate expected to decline?
That is, is it automatic or manually reported by workers?
The reward (including the bonus) will be fair, I just want to make sure the bonus is will be also included in the TO reviews.

Thanks again :)
So basically, it is up to the worker how they do it. When you make a review, there is a place that has calculated the hourly rate based on the pay you're offering for the HIT- and the bonus has to manually be put in. If I am told I will get, say, a performance based bonus but don't know how much, I don't review the HIT until I get the bonus so I can put it in. If I know how much the bonus is supposed to be (i.e., I am told at the end of the HIT), I will put that in.

Unfortunately, you are stuck not knowing what people are going to do in that respect. I highly suggest you offer a qual that is gives very clear instructions (even if you offer it for a small payment), and pick who you want to qual from there. Put in the qual what sort of payment they can expect from future HITs, which will encourage people to do their best and WANT to get the qual.

Reactions: jan

Requester2019

Reaction score
So basically, it is up to the worker how they do it. When you make a review, there is a place that has calculated the hourly rate based on the pay you're offering for the HIT- and the bonus has to manually be put in. If I am told I will get, say, a performance based bonus but don't know how much, I don't review the HIT until I get the bonus so I can put it in. If I know how much the bonus is supposed to be (i.e., I am told at the end of the HIT), I will put that in.

Unfortunately, you are stuck not knowing what people are going to do in that respect. I highly suggest you offer a qual that is gives very clear instructions (even if you offer it for a small payment), and pick who you want to qual from there. Put in the qual what sort of payment they can expect from future HITs, which will encourage people to do their best and WANT to get the qual.
Thanks!!

Reactions: sarcasta