Being Thankful

Kennedy

Contributor
Reaction score
Hopefully others will join me in posting regularly about people, things, and circumstances that make them grateftul.
It is too easy to complain and notice what is wrong in our worlds while ignoring all of the beautiful. Life is good.

Kennedy

Contributor
Reaction score
I'll start.
I am so thankful for all of the people in my life that have a positive impact on me. My family is always there for me without question. I have coworkers that are great mentors and awesome people. Through this forum and discord I have met some really incredible individuals who have taught me so much about turking and life outside of my little bubble. I have a special someone who makes me feel valued every day. And I can not forget to be thankful for my two little chihuahuas, as they love me unconditionally and make me laugh daily.

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
I am thankful for the two ladies that told me I make them smile every day they see me. They both told me I was sent by God to try and make everyone's days a little brighter. One gave me a pretty vase full of flowers and three yellow roses. (And a hug.) I'm also thankful for the pastor that stopped me in the hall and said that my flowers are great and I'm doing a great job at helping people.

Kennedy

Contributor
Reaction score
I am thankful for the two ladies that told me I make them smile every day they see me. They both told me I was sent by God to try and make everyone's days a little brighter. One gave me a pretty vase full of flowers and three yellow roses. (And a hug.) I'm also thankful for the pastor that stopped me in the hall and said that my flowers are great and I'm doing a great job at helping people.
Omg that is so awesome!

Kennedy

Contributor
Reaction score
Today, and always, I am thankful for sunshine. The light that gives warmth and hope. In darkness, in winter, and in cloudy times I know that shortly the sun will return and light up my life again. I do not let a day pass without being thankful for that beautiful star.

Kennedy

Contributor
Reaction score
I am thankful for my ability to see the bright side of things. Life is hard. And sometimes I get down (wait and see how sunshines and rainbows I am in winter!), but I know I can adapt and conquer and deal with anything life throws at me. Because I don't have another choice. And I might as well remain semi-positive about it all in the meantime.
Life IS hard, but life is also good.

Kennedy

Contributor
Reaction score
It's been a minute since I posted something to be thankful for. Lately I have had many hardships thrown at me, so this is the perfect time to talk about being grateful.
I am thankful for the simple things in life. The smell of morning glories. Birdsong outside of my window early in the morning. The feel of hot water on my body in the shower. Shimmering water. I could go on and on. Life is full of wonder.

Binxybaby

Reaction score
I saw a rainbow this morning and a beautiful pink sunset from my apartment balcony. I am grateful for natures little reminders that everything is going to be ok. I am grateful for my son and my fiance, I am lucky to have them. I am grateful that I get to go on vacation for my birthday at the end of this month and I am grateful to be starting a new job. I feel very optimistic about my future with this new company!

Kennedy

Contributor
Reaction score
I saw a rainbow this morning and a beautiful pink sunset from my apartment balcony. I am grateful for natures little reminders that everything is going to be ok. I am grateful for my son and my fiance, I am lucky to have them. I am grateful that I get to go on vacation for my birthday at the end of this month and I am grateful to be starting a new job. I feel very optimistic about my future with this new company!
That is all so very awesome! :)

• Love
Reactions: Binxybaby

Kennedy

Contributor
Reaction score
I am so very thankful to be back to work from the strike. Money was starting to get tight. And since we went back the weather has turned south. I could not imagine having to stand outside for hours on end in this miserable weather. So grateful.

Reactions: Princess Gina Marie

Princess Gina Marie

Contributor
Reaction score
It's always good to see something positive : )

I'm thankful it's Halloween, my favorite holiday, and that I have amazing people to spend it with. I'm thankful my baby girl is feeling better, and my son is thriving. I'm thankful for the future we're building, and the big move we're about to make across country (although I'm nervous). Most of all, I'm feeling thankful that I'm finally part of a family, for the first time in my life.

And I'm kinda hoping it snows tonight, but not until like, 3am.

Kennedy

Contributor
Reaction score
With Thanksgiving tomorrow, I encourage all of us to look into our lives and be grateful for what we have, who we have, and who we are. And if you can't find much to be thankful for perhaps some changes may be necessary in 2020 so that next Thanksgiving you can be grateful for this rare opportunity that is your life.
For me I am thankful for the Native Americans. The people who still are able to tell the tales of their ancestors of this great land. The people whose story was never painted correctly in our textbook whitewashed Thanksgiving. Those who knew how to love this land and protect this land and cherish this land. These people I want to thank for everything they contributed to what America is today. Without them I would not be celebrating Thanksgiving with my family tomorrow, and for them I am grateful.

Kennedy

Contributor
Reaction score
I haven't posted in here in a while. I have been sulking in the sorrows of life with my mom passing, winter, and now the COVID virus.
But, I am truly thankful for each day I wake up. I'm also thankful that so far, the ones I know that got the virus seem to be recovering. Even the 85 year old who was in the hospital with pneumonia from COVID!
And I'm still thankful for my MTC friends here and on Discord. :)