Reaction score
BEER THREAD

BEER THREAD CO-CHAIR(s)
Debatesmith @Debatesmith

Beers to try list:

Bear Republic
racer 5

The Bruery
Anything really if you're into strong/sour ales. They do have belgian-style and pale ales as well
Mischief -
Trade Winds - tripel with thai basil in it (I really like this one)
Or Xata - supposed to be reminiscent of an horchata. Wasn't too bad. Interesting, but still tasted like beer (unlike the garbage that rogue puts out)

Brasserie D'Achouffe
La Chouffe
Houblon Chouffe

Firestone
Their limited release runs are leaps and bounds better than their normal offerings (which arent too bad either)

Goose Island

Ommegang
Witte
Rare VOS

Oskar Blues
Dales Pale Ale
Ten Fiddy - great stout, super strong

Russian River
Some of you may remember that I went to norcal and picked up a case of pliny the elder, but their other beers are just as good (if not better)
Pliny the Elder
Pliny the Younger
Blind Pig - Honestly this one is probably the better of the three and less hyped

Three Weavers
In my hood, newer smaller brewery that just recently started bottling
Deep Roots - My favorite beer atm just cause it reminds me of barley tea

Last edited:

Debatesmith

I post GIF's more than I actually work
Contributor
Reaction score
BEERS TO TRY:

312- A light wheat ale that is great for a summer day on the deck.

St. Bernardus Wit: Another ale that has citrus flavors to it, without overpowering like some citrus beers do.

Sexy Betty: A locally brewed Nebraska beer. Dark chocolate stout http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/16504/110467/

ShockTop: Yes, it is a well known beer, but if you need something to bring to a large gathering, every person there will love this ale. Comes in a variety of seasonal flavors.

Reactions: YAHU

SpookyMyers

"Enjoy the time you have in the meat puppet."
Contributor
Reaction score
BEERS TO TRY:

312- A light wheat ale that is great for a summer day on the deck.

St. Bernardus Wit: Another ale that has citrus flavors to it, without overpowering like some citrus beers do.

Sexy Betty: A locally brewed Nebraska beer. Dark chocolate stout http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/16504/110467/

ShockTop: Yes, it is a well known beer, but if you need something to bring to a large gathering, every person there will love this ale. Comes in a variety of seasonal flavors.
I like ShockTop. Especially their seasonals. I also like Leinenkugel. Oh.... YUENGLING!!!

Reactions: YAHU

Zerker

Contributor
Reaction score
Most of the beer's from Hoppin Frog. They have a hell of a regular lineup and they do special batches. When i visited their brewpub I had a coffee and peanut butter stout. Tasted like a cup of coffee then the aftertaste was a reese cup. I believe it was their Infusion B beer.

http://www.hoppinfrog.com/brewery/beers
http://www.hoppinfrog.com/brewery/beers
I'd highly recommend trying one if you come across it. Like all craft beer it is pretty pricey though.

EEEmmons

is it wine o'clock yet?
Contributor
Reaction score

Goose Island Bourbon County Stout, I have been lucky to have this unfiltered straight out of the barrel. So good

SpookyMyers

"Enjoy the time you have in the meat puppet."
Contributor
Reaction score
I tend to drink a lot of local stuff. We have some great beer around here. Not sure if 3 Floyds is widely distributed but I've yet to find a dud.

Reactions: Zerker and YAHU

YAHU

YAHUUUUUUU
Contributor
Reaction score

Goose Island Bourbon County Stout, I have been lucky to have this unfiltered straight out of the barrel. So good
They had an event at a whole foods nearby that people lined up for. I've only tried their regular lineup but I kind of wish I got to try their nicer options :| people say its really good

Reactions: EEEmmons

Zerker

Contributor
Reaction score
I've had a couple 3 Floyds beers. They are up there as some of the best i've had. I also like that they have a sign in their bathroom that says "All employees must carve Slayer into their arms before returning to work"

MerryLou

unpalatable
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
If you're ever in Texas you should definitely try some of Real Ale Brewing Company's finely brewed and bottled beers. If you take a tour you might even catch my husband working on the bottling line! :eek:

https://realalebrewing.com/

I love the summer seasonal Gose, but they make all kinds (including experimentals) and have earned a handful of medals at the Great American Beer Festival over the years. OK, shameless plug over :LOL: but their beers really are widely loved in Texas (only place you can get 'em!)

Last edited:
Reactions: YAHU and EEEmmons

YAHU

YAHUUUUUUU
Contributor
Reaction score
just remembered

Pizza Port's the chronic ale is really good and really easy to drink

Reactions: Autochthonous

terp

Contributor
Reaction score
HAPPY KBS RELEASE WEEK BITCHES

Was in DC over the weekend and Church Key was kicking off the DC release with a tapping on Friday, but I didn't want to fight the lines for a Founders takeover when what I really wanted was the Terrapin single origin flight!

terpyderpy on untappd. get at me bro.

Last edited: