Account suspended - request copy of driver's license

Ang

Reaction score
I don't know if you can help me, but I am just trying all the information I can find. Both my mTurk and Amazon accounts were not accessible starting two weeks ago today. I received an email from mTurk that they needed me to fax my driver's license, I did this a couple of times a day for a week and emailed consistently (the Jeff and mturk support emails). I am not sure what to do to get my account reinstated. I did contact Amazon customer service multiple times and was finally able to get my regular Amazon account reopened. My mTurk still is suspended and I have a job that I completed and the requester is asking how to get payment to me, they offered to send through paypal and have me fill out a petty cash receipt, but I would prefer to go through mTurk. I have tried everything, even Facebook to try to resolve this. Please let me know if you know of anything else I can try or any further contact information. I have found through searches that some people it only takes hours and others it can take up to 6 weeks. I provided the information and thought it would be quickly resolved. Thanks for any information or help you can give me.

jan

Reaction score
I don't know if you can help me, but I am just trying all the information I can find. Both my mTurk and Amazon accounts were not accessible starting two weeks ago today. I received an email from mTurk that they needed me to fax my driver's license, I did this a couple of times a day for a week and emailed consistently (the Jeff and mturk support emails). I am not sure what to do to get my account reinstated. I did contact Amazon customer service multiple times and was finally able to get my regular Amazon account reopened. My mTurk still is suspended and I have a job that I completed and the requester is asking how to get payment to me, they offered to send through paypal and have me fill out a petty cash receipt, but I would prefer to go through mTurk. I have tried everything, even Facebook to try to resolve this. Please let me know if you know of anything else I can try or any further contact information. I have found through searches that some people it only takes hours and others it can take up to 6 weeks. I provided the information and thought it would be quickly resolved. Thanks for any information or help you can give me.
What we know is just what we've heard (or folks who have similar experiences have written about). I do know there are a bunch of suspensions that have gone out in the past few weeks.

If you did the job off of the Amazon platform (it wasn't a HIT) - just be aware this is a violation of amazon TOS (not saying you did that, but it sounds like this could have happened, based on what you write).

Most folks eventually get an answer (as to why they are suspended, I think. But you need to be persistent (and professional/polite....you know - all of the usual). I know that there was another email floating around a few months ago, but amazon didn't like that (and doesn't want to be contacted like that.) So, we're just left with the 'usual' places to email - which (as you know) aren't that great.

Good luck and let us know how it turns out

Reactions: scrmcasey

Ang

Reaction score
Thanks, I have tried the regular methods, the email said that the suspension was due to identification verification and asked me to fax my driver's license, which I have done numerous times in the last two weeks. The job I completed did have a HIT associated with it, they just can't pay me and I can't submit. I have done these jobs for them before, it is an excel sheet and looking through 1800s newspapers for information. I could send them the excel, just can't submit or receive payment.

I will continue to email and hope for the best, I wish I could at least get a timeframe or idea of why with my id they still haven't opened it back up.

I will update if there is any change.

Reactions: jan