02/02 - Thrilling Thursday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mew

Not a bot. I am a girl.
^_^
Reaction score
Welcome to today's MTurk Crowd work thread!

Please check out the forum guidelines.

Maybe you need some help getting started?

Want more info about how the forum works?

Would you like to contribute an idea about the future of the forum? Feel free to share your thoughts here.

If you are interested in creating a daily thread, please tag @dibs to let everyone know that you would like to claim the next day. It is first come, first serve and thread must be created and posted by 3a EST/12a PST.

Please let a mod know if you have any questions, and have a great turking day! - MTC staff

I am a bot and this is an automated daily thread post. If you would like to post a daily thread, just make sure you post it before I do at 12:05 AM PT. Out of a courtesy to others that may wish to make the thread, please tag @dibs to let everyone know that you are making it. The old thread will auto-lock on its own.

You can find more information about how to format a daily thread post here.

arun2490

Reaction score
plz help guy. panda crazy max or jr panda. which is use to catch hit

Last edited:
Reactions: jan

jan

Reaction score
it's okay. Six weeks more of winter or six weeks till spring? which one ya want?☺
honestly, after this cold spell (the next two three nights are going to be cold - one very, very cold)
it hasn't been much of a winter for us at all. We had that one big snowstorm, 13 or so inches - but just a few other days of snow here and there. Next week, our highs are back in the 40's. I'm pretty sure I could have gotten away with less than a tank of heating oil (I've only used about 1/2 tank so far).

Last edited:

koolchica

Reaction score
ive been waiting probably 3 years for my master qualification to go through. Is there something i need to do

jan

Reaction score
ive been waiting probably 3 years for my master qualification to go through. Is there something i need to do
I don't think they give it out anymore - at least not in any significant numbers.
years ago, people had all kinds of theories about who got masters (did they do a magic hit?). Some really elaborate narratives popped up - that usually related to what an individual did, prior to getting masters.

In reality, more than one person got it who had lost their account (yes, they did). Some got it with relatively brand new accounts.

It was probably a lottery - with some minimum qualifications (that didn't always register banned accounts, lol). FWIW, I don't have masters and don't expect it.

Last edited:
Reactions: HelloHello and jenu

Mikey Chlanda

Reaction score
I don't think they give it out anymore - at least not in any significant numbers.
years ago, people had all kinds of theories about who got masters (did they do a magic hit?). Some really elaborate narratives popped up - that usually related to what an individual did, prior to getting masters.

In reality, more than one person got it who had lost their account (yes, they did). Some got it with relatively brand new accounts.

It was probably a lottery - with some minimum qualifications (that didn't always register banned accounts, lol). FWIW, I don't have masters and don't expect it.
there was a "magic hit"...someone posted on reddit years ago around Christmas, maybe 2013? Said he got masters after doing this qual and then a small batch. A bunch of us did it and got masters a few weeks later. IIRC, there used to be a couple masters quals - one for video reviews or something, one for sorting. Now they're all rolled up into one.

There really wasn't a rhyme or reason for why they handed them out. Just lucky enough to catch the right hit at the right time. That's why some got it a 6K hits, others had 500K and no masters. I think I had 13K hits when I got mine (1.2 mil now)
I think masters never turned out to be the big moneymaker Amazon so they've just dropped it. Still use it as default for new requesters so they can charge them extra if they don't uncheck the box.

Reactions: HelloHello

jan

Reaction score
there was a "magic hit"...someone posted on reddit years ago around Christmas, maybe 2013? Said he got masters after doing this qual and then a small batch. A bunch of us did it and got masters a few weeks later. IIRC, there used to be a couple masters quals - one for video reviews or something, one for sorting. Now they're all rolled up into one.

There really wasn't a rhyme or reason for why they handed them out. Just lucky enough to catch the right hit at the right time. That's why some got it a 6K hits, others had 500K and no masters. I think I had 13K hits when I got mine (1.2 mil now)
I think masters never turned out to be the big moneymaker Amazon so they've just dropped it. Still use it as default for new requesters so they can charge them extra if they don't uncheck the box.
It might be a true narrative. However, I think it's just correlational. I lived through so many big master's give-aways and there was always a diversity of experience.

But who knows? All things are possible - and Amazon keeps us in the dark......

Last edited:
Reactions: HelloHello
Status
Not open for further replies.