11/10 - Thunderstruck Thursday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mew

Not a bot. I am a girl.
^_^
Reaction score
Welcome to today's MTurk Crowd work thread!

Please check out the forum guidelines.

Maybe you need some help getting started?

Want more info about how the forum works?

Would you like to contribute an idea about the future of the forum? Feel free to share your thoughts here.

If you are interested in creating a daily thread, please tag @dibs to let everyone know that you would like to claim the next day. It is first come, first serve and thread must be created and posted by 3a EST/12a PST.

Please let a mod know if you have any questions, and have a great turking day! - MTC staff

I am a bot and this is an automated daily thread post. If you would like to post a daily thread, just make sure you post it before I do at 12:05 AM PT. Out of a courtesy to others that may wish to make the thread, please tag @dibs to let everyone know that you are making it. The old thread will auto-lock on its own.

You can find more information about how to format a daily thread post here.

Blakkat

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Brief Forecasting Tasks | PANDA
Requester: Prof Andy [ATPWEYJXM5K0W]
TurkerView: [ $33.10 / hour ]
Description: Brief Forecasting Tasks, <10 mins total survey time
Duration: 60 Min
Available: 1
Reward: $3.28
Qualifications:
  • Total approved HITs GreaterThan 100
  • HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 90
[3EOCCJXUA8OCW35YZO1CC8EC6DF1HW]

LumosDC

Reaction score
jan @jan Thanks for the kind words about the election in Tuesday's thread. Was too busy all day in a place with very poor reception. Didn't get home until 10:30pm and was exhausted to do little more than eat some Hot Pockets and feed my cat.

This was my 12th election since I started working the polls during the 2012 general, but think this may be my last. It isn't so much about the shootings, mice at nearly every location I've worked, or the mold that is growing in one corner of the voting area at the site I work early voting at (usually get moved to work at a different site that's only open on Election Day). Not the tech equipment or the amount of info I need to know as the head poll worker (trained to work all positions, plus opening/closing).

It's more the Board Of Elections themselves mess up more and more each election and its too much for me to tolerate any more. They almost never respond to election workers emails or calls, despite having specific email address/phone number just for election workers and are double booking poll workers to work at two different sites simultaneously on at least a instances I'm aware of. I'd say at least 10% of voters came in at the site I worked at on Election Day had to update their addresses despite them having updated during the Primary and/or online; it was probably around the same % elsewhere. Our site got moved from the gym to the cafeteria and we had essentially no cell service and neither did the voters who needed to bring up their info on their phones if they were updating or registering. We had to tell them to either go near where the gym was to get reception or try connecting to the school's public guest wifi and risk their data getting stolen. The tech person (each tech rotates between 3-6 sites) had another site where 2 of the 3 touchscreen machines malfunction at the same time and 1 of the 2 replacements was DOA. Plus the same site's machine where you cast your ballots after voting go out for several hours and there was probably close to 100 ballots in the auxiliary bin that would hold the ballots until the machine gets fixed/replaced.

Reactions: jan and HelloHello

Trucker

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Title: Survey about male gender roles in the media • Accept
Requester: J van Oosten [A79S0SR64KI44] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$22.50][Pay=Generous][Approval=1-3 days][Comm=Unrated][Rej=0][Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=0.00][Fast=0.00][Comm=0.00][Fair=0.00][Reviews=1][ToS=0]
Reward: $2.00
Duration: 00:20:00
Available: 1
Description: We are looking for male respondents for a survey on gender identity and perceptions of how masculinity is portrayed in the media.
Qualifications: Masters Exists ; Location In BE, DE, GB, NL, US

7:32 min | $15.92/hr

Last edited:
Reactions: msitb

PandaThief

Reaction score
Stay safe, and good luck. It came ashore by me very early this morning. Lots of rough wind and rain, but didn't last too long.
Already outta here, pretty quick moving storm . If Disney and Publix are open i know there's nothing to worry about

Blakkat

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Consumer Behavior Study (~6 mins) | PANDA
Requester: Positly [A20SRJ4UG9W0H0]
TurkerView: [ $15.66 / hour ]
Description: In this study, you will be asked to rate your impression of a product.
Duration: 21 Min
Available: 81
Reward: $0.80
Qualifications:
  • 80412233201bcb15666b2ac446860a99b1c3bf42 DoesNotExist
  • ab5c70a2a750f5b115e550db4b754b92dfd32213 NotIn 1, 2, 3
  • Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 500
  • HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 96
  • 34ee50c9eacb4e076cedf82013242ddbbbff8013 NotIn 0
  • c39e060b36ff33ba1b6f0d954d8c6319d9f94b07 DoesNotExist
  • Location EqualTo US
[3S8DC08I2J8QLCT0M5G2UQU3XA0JEJ]

jan

Reaction score
jan @jan Thanks for the kind words about the election in Tuesday's thread. Was too busy all day in a place with very poor reception. Didn't get home until 10:30pm and was exhausted to do little more than eat some Hot Pockets and feed my cat.

This was my 12th election since I started working the polls during the 2012 general, but think this may be my last. It isn't so much about the shootings, mice at nearly every location I've worked, or the mold that is growing in one corner of the voting area at the site I work early voting at (usually get moved to work at a different site that's only open on Election Day). Not the tech equipment or the amount of info I need to know as the head poll worker (trained to work all positions, plus opening/closing).

It's more the Board Of Elections themselves mess up more and more each election and its too much for me to tolerate any more. They almost never respond to election workers emails or calls, despite having specific email address/phone number just for election workers and are double booking poll workers to work at two different sites simultaneously on at least a instances I'm aware of. I'd say at least 10% of voters came in at the site I worked at on Election Day had to update their addresses despite them having updated during the Primary and/or online; it was probably around the same % elsewhere. Our site got moved from the gym to the cafeteria and we had essentially no cell service and neither did the voters who needed to bring up their info on their phones if they were updating or registering. We had to tell them to either go near where the gym was to get reception or try connecting to the school's public guest wifi and risk their data getting stolen. The tech person (each tech rotates between 3-6 sites) had another site where 2 of the 3 touchscreen machines malfunction at the same time and 1 of the 2 replacements was DOA. Plus the same site's machine where you cast your ballots after voting go out for several hours and there was probably close to 100 ballots in the auxiliary bin that would hold the ballots until the machine gets fixed/replaced.
When I lived down south- the locally famous Ion Sancho ran everything. You really need someone good in charge 🔆.

Reactions: HelloHello
Status
Not open for further replies.