Welcome to MTurk Crowd

Work on Amazon Mechanical Turk, learn from the best, and have fun doing it. Join the crowd today!

400 Websites for making money online! (help me look thru them!)

Discussion in 'Other Ways To Make Money Online' started by thedorchannel, Jun 28, 2016.

1. thedorchannel

thedorchannel
    Expand Collapse

• Contributor
    http://moneypantry.com/extra-money/

I'm currently looking through all of these in my spare time trying to find something halfway decent that I can do during mturk's downtime.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    NotTurkfactor, jml and Jaded like this.
  2. WordVixen

WordVixen
    Expand Collapse
    I Don't Know What I'm Doing

• Contributor
    I saw your post in the daily thread about MegaTypers, and I want to sign up. Is there any sort of affiliate link so that you can get the credit?

Jaded likes this.
  3. thedorchannel

thedorchannel
    Expand Collapse

• Contributor
    I haven't joined. thanks though... It didn't seem too appealing to me... let the board know if it turns out to be worth it.

WordVixen likes this.
  4. WordVixen

WordVixen
    Expand Collapse

• Contributor
    Will do! And thanks. :)

thedorchannel likes this.
  5. WordVixen

WordVixen
    Expand Collapse

• Contributor
    Ok, so, I signed up for the MegaTypers and... I haven't actually tried it yet (I'll let you know if it turns out ok), but this looks like one of the worst MTurk requesters. It's typing Captchas over and over, and they have short timers. They dock your pay for typos and you have to push a pause button if you want to stop. You get paid per thousand images (the Captchas), and today's rates look like the best you'll get is $0.90 if you're perfect. Payout is $3. I'm slightly concerned about what all of those Captchas are going to be used for. :-/

I'm going to do a handful, and if it goes well, I'll try to hit payout, and then I'll update. But this doesn't look promising.

6. Aydiarose

Aydiarose
    Expand Collapse
    Kinkguin 0f d00m

• Contributor
    how did this end up working out?

WordVixen and Jaded like this.
  7. WordVixen

WordVixen
    Expand Collapse

• Contributor
    Eeep! I ran out of time that night, and then got distracted. Thanks for the reminder! I'll try to do it by Monday so that I can update.

8. WordVixen

WordVixen
    Expand Collapse

• Contributor
    I just tried it out. It's the kind of thing that if it were steady, I would probably do for fun while I have Perk or Swag videos running in the background. Definitely not a Turk alternative though. I spent 6 minutes in their work page and made less than $0.01. In between each Captcha (that's all it is, transcribing Captchas), it took several seconds to load the next one. After the first maybe 5 or 6, it just kept coming up as "no image available, reloading in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1..." So the work isn't even super steady. But each one has a short timer (something like 14 seconds), so you can't go do other things while you wait for it to load. If you don't finish a Captcha, you get a warning, and if you have a typo, you don't get paid for that image.

The going rate fluctuates every 10 minutes, so while it was $0.70 per 1000 Captchas, I got them steadily, though slow with the loading. Once it flipped to $0.88 per 1k, nothing would load.

It took me a full minute to do 3 Captchas, because of how long it took to load each one (and my internet connection is not that bad, really). I might do them periodically if I get really, really bored and Turk is slow, just because I already have an open account there. But I would definitely not recommend them.

If for some bizarre reason anyone wants to sign up, though, they do have an affiliate program, and they do require an invitation code. You can find a code online anywhere, but I'd be happy to go make a code to pass on. You get 10% of your invitees earnings.

Benetnasch and Aydiarose like this.
  9. WordVixen

WordVixen
    Expand Collapse

• Contributor
    Like, this makes Breligs look desirable.

TSolo315 likes this.
  10. alboelive

alboelive
    Expand Collapse

Good day so far on UserTesting. I've made $20 in about 20 minutes

thedorchannel likes this.
  11. thedorchannel

thedorchannel
    Expand Collapse

• Contributor
    any1 try anything else?

12. ilovemoney01

ilovemoney01
    Expand Collapse

can you send me a code please to : lovelasvegas032438@gmail.com or thru the forum which I am a member thanks

13. VishalM

VishalM
    Expand Collapse

Some 10,000,000 people worldwide are earning money from PTC network websites/companies.