12/31 - Sensory Saturday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mew

Not a bot. I am a girl.
^_^
Reaction score
Welcome to today's MTurk Crowd work thread!

Please check out the forum guidelines.

Maybe you need some help getting started?

Want more info about how the forum works?

Would you like to contribute an idea about the future of the forum? Feel free to share your thoughts here.

If you are interested in creating a daily thread, please tag @dibs to let everyone know that you would like to claim the next day. It is first come, first serve and thread must be created and posted by 3a EST/12a PST.

Please let a mod know if you have any questions, and have a great turking day! - MTC staff

I am a bot and this is an automated daily thread post. If you would like to post a daily thread, just make sure you post it before I do at 12:05 AM PT. Out of a courtesy to others that may wish to make the thread, please tag @dibs to let everyone know that you are making it. The old thread will auto-lock on its own.

You can find more information about how to format a daily thread post here.

Concise

Buddhist Bacchante
Reaction score
4 or 5 different types of audiokites just dropped, last hour, here's one

Title: Listen to a indie-alternative song and answer a survey about it.Accept
Requester: AudioKite [A1ZEEGMU3YMZ6] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$9.63][Pay=Fair][Approval=~24 hrs][Comm=Acceptable][Rej=0][Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=3.42][Fast=4.82][Comm=3.20][Fair=4.88][Reviews=234][ToS=0]
Reward: $0.13
Duration: 01:00:00
Available: 2
Description: A musician or label is seeking feedback on a indie-alternative song from people in the United States who enjoy indie-alternative music. Listen to the song for at least 30 seconds and answer a survey about it. NOTE: The qualification test is to confirm you enjoy listening to the designated genre.
Qualifications: Likes Indie / Rock / Alternative GreaterThanOrEqualTo 1; Location In CA, US; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95

jenu

Reaction score
"The EU has recently implemented the DAC7 directive that requires us to report MTurk workers’ taxable income. To be in compliance with this directive, please complete a DAC7 tax interview no later than February 28, 2023. If we do not have your tax information by then, you may be ineligible to continue to use the MTurk platform, which could also result in withheld payments."
What does this imply?
Did you also receive this message?

Last edited:

Charlene22

Reaction score
I have this note, too, at the top of mturk. I'm in the US, so does that apply to me? When I went to fill it out it just keeps loading and won't let me click anything.
"The EU has recently implemented the DAC7 directive that requires us to report MTurk workers’ taxable income. To be in compliance with this directive, please complete a DAC7 tax interview no later than February 28, 2023. If we do not have your tax information by then, you may be ineligible to continue to use the MTurk platform, which could also result in withheld payments."
What does this imply?
Did you also receive this message?

Reactions: jenu

jenu

Reaction score
I have this note, too, at the top of mturk. I'm in the US, so does that apply to me? When I went to fill it out it just keeps loading and won't let me click anything.
I also don't know if this obligation affects all of us or only those outside the US.
A clarification is needed though.

Reactions: Charlene22

cassius

Reaction score
I also don't know if this obligation affects all of us or only those outside the US.
A clarification is needed though.
I don't know how to read and understand all the jardon. But it appears that if we want to march into the EU becoming full TAX paying members of the EU, hence possibly the new world order, then by all means accept it. I'm an American citizen. I report my income from these sites and other things I do to the IRS. Supposedly that's my requirement. I am not a WORLD citizen, nor am I a member of the EU. Has the US suddenly become an EU member? I am a bit surprised that this has been around since March 2021 and we haven't heard about it. We've heard plenty about the 600 reporting in this country. Due to protest that has been postponed yet another year.

Reactions: jondoeskii1988

cassius

Reaction score
Hmm ... will it hit prolific? that site is located in great britain, correct? they left the EU.

jondoeskii1988

Reaction score
Treid to post this in general discussion, I have two questions. Where are we suppose to post questions, and do we have to do this new tax thing that popped up or is it only if you make a certain amount of money. Any answeres would be helpful if anyone has a minute. Thank you so much.

cassius

Reaction score
Treid to post this in general discussion, I have two questions. Where are we suppose to post questions, and do we have to do this new tax thing that popped up or is it only if you make a certain amount of money. Any answeres would be helpful if anyone has a minute. Thank you so much.
Warning ... This site is not to be political. Sadly, it looks like some sort of legislation of some kind from somewhere has just made it so. This most likely will have to be processed meaning it will need to be discussed. Somewhere. Just remember it's not just for us but if I read this thing correctly every digital worker out there and that can take up almost everybody, thank you C - Lockdown.

Reactions: Lumius

cassius

Reaction score
To try and help answer your question about where to post questions, if you have mturk work questions, post them here. and yes, this new "thing" does make it a work question. my suggestion is we will all have to wait and see what the internet platforms work out about this and what it means. best way to stop it is to organize a protest against it. we've done that before. and sometimes it's worked. best thing to do is wait for a moderator, namely Jan, who is taking some time away for a few days, and see what they have to say. and watch the other mturk platforms like reddit.

I did do a survey yesterday that made me think a bit. From Eliot Min. If ever there was a sign the "digital door" as it's called is closing on us, that survey was one.

Also, there is a "tax thing" for the US, something about declaring every $600 transaction or earned amount. it's been around for a few years now. but again, it's on "hold" for now. or that's how i understand it.

Reactions: jondoeskii1988

cassius

Reaction score
Folks, Don't Open That Thing and Answer It -- yet. Wait and see what happens. To open it and answer it now could give the EU an out in regards to data privacy issues in this country. This will probably become an class action issue and hit the courts.

Mikey Chlanda

Reaction score
same here. Maybe b/c we're in the USA and it doesn't apply?

blackpupjean

Reaction score
VisionLearning to save the day . I have gotten approved for every one I have done previously.

Reactions: Blakkat

Concise

Buddhist Bacchante
Reaction score
Heya - this batch is about dead although for future ref

Title: GIF Selection for ShoppingAccept
Requester: Amazon Requester Inc. - SNS 3P [A300BXNZCGYKKK] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$15.39][Pay=Fair][Approval=~24 hrs][Comm=Acceptable][Rej=2][Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=0.00][Fast=0.00][Comm=0.00][Fair=0.00][Reviews=1][ToS=0]
Reward: $0.30
Duration: 01:00:00
Available: 1662
Description: Select one GIF from six candidates
Qualifications: Masters Exists ; Adult Content Qualification EqualTo 1

Also - this same requester has similar HITs that are pics only (15 cents), this particular batch is gifs (30 cents) and takes a little more visual sifting

cassius

Reaction score
same here. Maybe b/c we're in the USA and it doesn't apply?
section 15 from the "directive" ... "Nevertheless, it is appropriate to lay down measure that would reduce adminsitrative burden on "foreign platform operators" and "tax authorities of "Member States" ... hmm ...

Status
Not open for further replies.