Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
made scrambled eggs today because of that poll

also dropped an egg on the ground in the process
I ate an egg and tater burrito for breakfast. It had nothing to do with the poll, just happened to have eggs in it.

@mods all I want for 2019 is a shiny new CHAMPION banner for this year's MTC Fantasy Football trophy, and considering I've won back to back years, something cool and shiny that separates me from Peachy @PeachyRider who's only won a measly one time. Probably a fluke if you ask me. Thank you for your consideration on this matter.
I learned last night that I can't make fancy pants banners. There are like 12 banners I can choose from, but I can't make the fancy ones like mine, or the double hit poster sparkles, and whatnot

HelloHello

Reaction score
I am NOT having a good morning. Has anybody ever seen anything like this? I have NO idea what this Requster is talking about, NONE!

Simon PiestResearch Study: Rate statements about your attitudes towards competition (Duration: 8 min)$1.35RejectedContact Requester
Feedback
This Worker took my survey 13 times (with different mTurk IDs). In seven cases, this Worker copy-pasted nonsense instead of writing 2-3 sentences about the imagined competition scenario, as requested. It is fair to pay this worker for 6 times (even though I cannot use these data at all). For the other 7 times, the work must be rejected.

Kennedy

Contributor
Reaction score
I am NOT having a good morning. Has anybody ever seen anything like this? I have NO idea what this Requster is talking about, NONE!

Simon PiestResearch Study: Rate statements about your attitudes towards competition (Duration: 8 min)$1.35RejectedContact Requester
Feedback
This Worker took my survey 13 times (with different mTurk IDs). In seven cases, this Worker copy-pasted nonsense instead of writing 2-3 sentences about the imagined competition scenario, as requested. It is fair to pay this worker for 6 times (even though I cannot use these data at all). For the other 7 times, the work must be rejected.
What? You got that email?

Reactions: HelloHello

FrenchToast

best thing since sliced bread
Reaction score

Feedback
Pretty sure its not even possible to have 13 different mTurk IDs. WTF

Edit: Did you email them and ask WTF they are talking about?

Kennedy

Contributor
Reaction score

Feedback
I just saw I got paid for that one yesterday by this requester. Tell him just not to reject your real worker ID and let him deny the "others." lol

Amon

Contributor
Reaction score

Feedback
I've heard of situations where requester assume that multiple ID's are working from the same location based on generalized location data that is not specific. You would need 13 separate SSN's to pull off having 13 Mturk ID's. They could also be going off of previous IP addresses, though that seems unlikely considering they are claiming 13 completions.
Perhaps mention to them that every Mturk ID is associated with a different SSN, so unless you just happen to have a few extra laying around from dead relatives or whatnot it's a little illogical to assume you as an individual have done it 13 times.

Last edited:

redtokyoboxers

the güero you cannot sweat-o
Contributor
Champion
Reaction score

Feedback
Dang, Simon sounds piest off.

GRR

Reaction score
I've heard of situations where requester assume that multiple ID's are working from the same location based on generalized location data that is not specific. You would need 13 separate SSN's to pull off having 13 Mturk ID's. They could also be going off of previous IP addresses, though that seems unlikely considering they are claiming 13 completions.
Perhaps mention to them that every Mturk ID is associated with a different SSN, so unless you just happen to have a few extra laying around from dead relatives or whatnot it's a little illogical to assume you as an individual have done it 13 times.

I would not it slide. not even the rejection. Ask him why he thinks 12 of them are from you? every com has an ip address right?

HelloHello

Reaction score
I would not it slide. not even the rejection. Ask him why he thinks 12 of them are from you? every com has an ip address right?
Yeah I contact him and Amazon Support!

Reactions: Kennedy

DareAngel3

Contributor
Mentor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
It is fair to pay this worker for 6 times (even though I cannot use these data at all). For the other 7 times, the work must be rejected.
This is the part I'm hung up on. :thinking:

Hope it gets cleared up for you. Gut feeling is that the guy is confused, misinformed, and emotional... and may or may not issue an apology. It'll probably just get reversed in silence when the other 7 of you speak up.

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score

Feedback
That sounds like some code went wrong, unless you actually took the survey 13 times and did a bunch of nonsense. I'd say contact them and see if they can clarify.

GRR

Reaction score
Title: Recruiting for a health study using search engine data | Accept
Requester: MSRNE researchers [A1F9W6UY3YL34J] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$28.91] [Pay=4.18] [Fast=4.67] [Comm=4.00] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=4.35] [Fast=4.89] [Comm=4.67] [Fair=4.86] [Reviews=151] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=10.16] [Pen=0.04 days] [Res=null] [Rec=100%] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
Reward: 1.50
Duration: 1:00:00
Available: 1
Description: Screening participants before providing data for health studies
Qualifications: Masters Exists
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.4.6
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
this some natzi crap right here! yes I will allow u to download my browser history and OWN it. I will continue to let u "monitor" me forever...oh yeah for a buck fidie[/td][/tr]

edit: really folks! open the survey and read the first page ..its nuts! talk about 1984...and it is microsoft!

Last edited:
Reactions: FrenchToast
Status
Not open for further replies.