Status
Not open for further replies.

Peachy

Banned
Pollster
Crowd Pleaser
Champion
Reaction score
oh, hi Peachy @PeachyRider :) I'm alright, thanks. How are you? Did you make what you wanted today?
i'm glad you're doing okay. :)
i'm alright

i didn't make too much today.
i also didn't grind till the late afternoon though

Reactions: Michele

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I did that once when I was pregnant. I didn't even feel sick or anything afterwards... lol Bacon is so tasty!
I don't know how much is in a package but, I think I've probably eaten 24 slices in a go 'round. Felt better than just not sick. Bacon power!:p
I just tried baking it in the oven for the first time...omg my fridge will never not have bacon ever again
That was how I had it. I used to have to cook a couple cases every morning and that's how restaurants do it to get it to be so perfectly consistent. Sometimes they only par(1/2-3/4) cook it if they sell a good bit, because you really can't keep it for more than about a day in that halfway point
but, most just cook it all the way and give it a little warmth before serving. I'd eat a few slices every tray. 12-20 trays. You do the maths. :DYou sort of slow down by the end but, then the last tray you have to have a couple last ones. It ends up being a quantity.

I was a professional chef but, I would suggest bringing it up with the person who cooks your food before starting this, or any other bacon consumption regimen. Results not typical.:)

Last edited:
Reactions: jklmnop

jklmnop

data sanitation engineer
Reaction score
I don't know how much is in a package but, I think I've probably eaten 24 slices in a go 'round. Felt better than just not sick. Bacon power!:p

That was how I had it. I used to have to cook a couple cases every morning and that's how restaurants do it to get it to be so perfectly consistent. Sometimes they only par(1/2-3/4) cook it if they sell a good bit, because you really can't keep it for more than about a day in that halfway point
but, most just cook it all the way and give it a little warmth before serving. I'd eat a few slices every tray. 12-20 trays. You do the maths. :DYou sort of slow down by the end but, then the last tray you have to have a couple last ones. It ends up being a quantity.

I was a professional chef but, I would suggest bringing it up with the person who cooks your food before starting this, or any other bacon consumption regimen. Results not typical.:)
free bacon is one hell of a job perk

Reactions: Jerami

jklmnop

data sanitation engineer
Reaction score
since bacon talk apparently killed the thread...chef Jerami @Jerami, do you use the vegetables from a homemade white chicken stock for anything, or just toss 'em?

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
free bacon is one hell of a job perk
It is. Actually, if I'm ever in the job market, one of the first things I think about is at what place would I like a discount(something free)?
When I was 15, I worked at a lobster 'pound'. Ate so much lobster that it's not even special any more.
Was executive banquet chef at a major hotel chain once. When cooking for weddings, etc(dignitaries, celebs, etc) you have to make a 10% overage(standard in lots of businesses to ensure that they'll have at least 100% perfect product) which was figured into the cost of the contract and had to be made in case there was a 10% error rate, and they had paid for it. So, all of this super expensive food, I'd have at least 10% to just eat, give away, feed employees and whatnot. I remember one time, for 2 weeks, I ate like 2 pounds of beef tenderloin a day, in various forms. Like $40-50 worth, lol. But, it would otherwise go to waste. It literally needed to be dealt with and you can only donate so much(that will be accepted). We had a 50 gallon drum of crumbled bacon that I would grab a handful of every time I walked by. I called them "pork jimmies".:p
One time I was stoned and needed a candy bar but, I couldn't leave because it was Thanksgiving and I had 24 turkeys in the oven. I made an 18 pound snickers bar. I had all the ingredients. I made a couple gallons of caramel sauce. That kitchen had literally everything. I would go through about $6000 worth of saffron every month. We cooked for ethnic weddings so, had all kinds of regional ingredients. Killer job. Boss was an ass. I placed 2nd in the Chili Chowder challenge with my gumbo though. Thought that was cool.:p
That kitchen was like Iron Chef. I could make whatever I could imagine. Did gingerbread and chocolate art. Plate painting, Fruit sculpture. Pretty neat stuff.:)

Last edited:

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
since bacon talk apparently killed the thread...chef Jerami @Jerami, do you use the vegetables from a homemade white chicken stock for anything, or just toss 'em?
I'd use them for something, personally. Don't know what you like but, some outside of the box ideas are, as a thickener for any other soups or gravies. As a component in spaghetti sauce(blended or minced) to increase fiber and get any extra nutrients/flavour. You could use them mixed in a meatloaf as a fortifier.(once again minced or mashed) I'm guessing they're pretty cooked to all get out, right? They won't have much structure so, you would just have to think about them as flavoured fortifiers, not real ingredients. But, you could add them to anything sauce-y or soupy, or mashed, or batterlike. But, when we do things like making stocks, what we lose most is the fiber. So finding a way to reintroduce it is good. From a non-medical standpoint.:)

Last edited:

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I'd use them for something, personally. Don't know what you like but, some outside of the box ideas are, as a thickener for any other soups or gravies. As a component in spaghetti sauce(blended or minced) to increase fiber and get any extra nutrients/flavour. You could use them mixed in a meatloaf as a fortifier.(once again minced or mashed) I'm guessing they're pretty cooked to all get out, right? They won't have much structure so, you would just have to think about them as flavoured fortifiers, not real ingredients. But, you could add them to anything sauce-y or soupy, or mashed, or batterlike. But, when we do things like making stocks, what we lose most is the fiber. So finding a way to reintroduce it is good. From a non-medical standpoint.:)
jklmnop @jklmnop If you have a beef meal coming up though, one of my favourite is as the only thickener to brown gravy. It makes it taste about 3 hours better(richer, "depth of flavour") and it doesn't over thicken, like other things(cornstarch or flour). My other favourite, when there are kids, is the spaghetti sauce/pizza sauce trick. It's a great way to slip them a bunch of veg that they won't be able to taste separately. Just blend or whir into any store sauce, then make pasta or pizza. They have no idea because all of those flavours are already in there, just in lower quantities. So nothing will taste different to their underdeveloped palettes. Good luck.

Last edited:

Peachy

Banned
Pollster
Crowd Pleaser
Champion
Reaction score
Jerami @Jerami

how often do you shave the sides of your head? i’ve done it every so often since the past Summer. i royally screwed up then, but after 3-4 times i *think* i’ve gotten better

i did a 3 on the sides last week but it doesn’t really look like a 3. maybe it’s because i have lengthy hair up top. someone commented that they liked my hair the other day and i was like ah yeaa

Reactions: Michele

jklmnop

data sanitation engineer
Reaction score
jklmnop @jklmnop If you have a beef meal coming up though, one of my favourite is as the only thickener to brown gravy. It makes it taste about 3 hours better(richer, "depth of flavour") and it doesn't over thicken, like other things(cornstarch or flour). My other favourite, when there are kids, is the spaghetti sauce/pizza sauce trick. It's a great way to slip them a bunch of veg that they won't be able to taste separately. Just blend or whir into any store sauce, then make pasta or pizza. They have no idea because all of those flavours are already in there, just in lower quantities. So nothing will taste different to their underdeveloped palettes. Good luck.
Ty for all the tips. I don't have beef on the schedule but will keep that in mind and chuck them in a bag for now.

TotalBabe

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I just tried baking it in the oven for the first time...omg my fridge will never not have bacon ever again
A few years ago, there was a local story of some lady who had just turned 100 years old. The reporter asked her, "What's your secret for such a long life?" She said, "I eat bacon every day."

I thought that was pretty amusing.

Status
Not open for further replies.