Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I can't hear out of my right ear. It's been clogged up since last night. I've tried all the techniques to fix it. Hopefully it'll pop soon. :(
At least it's not hurting me anymore. I hate being sick.
I'm no doctor but, sometimes a single aspirin will help to release the pressure for me. It being an anti-inflammatory and blood thinner I think is what does it.
Chew gum,
yawn a LOT(wiggle your jaw a bit if you can while at the apex of the yawn) even forced yawns can help.
A light diuretic can help because there's less water to make things swell.
Sometimes it can be linked to sinuses(Ear,nose,throat). To clear your sinuses. Press your tongue firmly against the roof of your mouth, flatly. using the palm of your hand, press firmly, the spot between your eyes. Alternate the two, when releasing one, pressing the other. Be firm but don't hurt yourself. do this like 10-20 times.

All of these things have helped me in varying degrees.

Hope you feel better.

savvy

goin' down to the yee-haw
Reaction score
good morning all, and good luck. I have a lot of workwork to do today with my boss but just wanted to check in:pusheen:

Reactions: Jerami and jan

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
So what does the mTurk crowd qual hit get us?
What will it qualify us for? If I may ask.
I guess my question is, will there be a HIT following, at some point, for which we'll be qualified?
The main purpose will be to allow the community to have its own pool of HITs when I put up qualification HITs in the future.

The type of HITs that I'll be posting will encompass:

• HITs requiring turkers to find auctions within a given state relating to a specific category of product
  • HITs requiring turkers to physically visit a designated auction to take pictures / comment on the condition of specified products. This was the purpose of the "Where are you?" HIT that you might've came across yesterday; which I'll be reposting at some point today specifically for you guys. These won't be posted super often but I'm thinking $40 base + bonuses for good pictures and notes would be a good start.
It is not set up by the forum, so you know.

CrazyCatLady

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I'm no doctor but, sometimes a single aspirin will help to release the pressure for me. It being an anti-inflammatory and blood thinner I think is what does it.
Chew gum,
yawn a LOT(wiggle your jaw a bit if you can while at the apex of the yawn) even forced yawns can help.
Sometimes it can be linked to sinuses(Ear,nose,throat). To clear your sinuses. Press your tongue firmly against the roof of your mouth, flatly. using the palm of your hand, press firmly, the spot between your eyes. Alternate the two, when releasing one, pressing the other. Be firm but don't hurt yourself. do this like 10-20 times.

Hope you feel better.
Thank you! I've tried all these, but i'll keep trying!! Taking ibuprofen does help the pain. I caught a bad head cold and have been sick since Monday. The kiddo seems to be feeling a little better today. he did get antibiotics yesterday. Doctor told me to come back if I can't kick it :(

Edit: But today is the first day all week I've been able to turk for longer than 20 minutes, so yay!

Reactions: Jerami

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
does anybody know who did the "mturk crowd user qualification" hit? I had my username changed this morning after I did the hit and it got rejected
nvm

Last edited:

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Thank you! I've tried all these, but i'll keep trying!! Taking ibuprofen does help the pain. I caught a bad head cold and have been sick since Monday. The kiddo seems to be feeling a little better today. he did get antibiotics yesterday. Doctor told me to come back if I can't kick it :(

Edit: But today is the first day all week I've been able to turk for longer than 20 minutes, so yay!
Oh, sorry. :( I hoped that I'd have at least one unique one to try. If you've only taken ibuprofen, I take both in my life but, for this small trick ibuprofen isn't very effective. That's why I suggest one actual aspirin. It's blood thinning ability is much higher, hence it's use in BP emergencies. Having been through one myself, ibuprofen is not a suitable substitute for that. But, if you've tried old school aspirin, I'm out of things. But feel better anyway.

Last edited:
Reactions: CrazyCatLady

SmolAliens

Reaction score
Chew gum,

Hope you feel better.
Plugged ears = Eustachian tube issue. Either use the Valsava maneuver (pinch nose and blow), or if that doesn't work, see your doc as you may have fluid in the middle ear.

Source: Have had ear issues for years, now I have tubes lol

CrazyCatLady

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Oh, sorry. :( I hoped that I'd have at least one unique one to try. If you've only taken ibuprofen, I take both in my life but, for this small trick ibuprofen isn't very effective. That's why I suggest one actual aspirin. It's blood thinning ability is much higher, hence it's use in BP emergencies. Having been through one myself, ibuprofen is not a suitable substitute for that. But, if you've tried old school aspirin, I'm out of things. But feel better anyway.
I'll try to take an aspirin later to see if that relieves the pressure!

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Plugged ears = Eustachian tube issue. Either use the Valsava maneuver (pinch nose and blow), or if that doesn't work, see your doc as you may have fluid in the middle ear.

Source: Have had ear issues for years, now I have tubes lol
Sometimes I get swelling in my sinuses that causes it to feel like my ear needs to "pop" but, that's not it. I do get that, sometimes too. Sometimes, if I hold a sneeze, they'll pop too far out and if I blew, I'd blow a drum.:p In that case a reverse valsava would be in order, and I've used many times.(Pinch suck) If it's related to a cold or flu, I really think that it's not always useful to pinch and blow, and a doctor may not be necessary. But, as I said, I'm no doctor so, You can have this one. My only experience is I have ears and know what has worked for me and why. I could absolutely be a mutant and would hate for this to be something to argue about. :) We can both be right but, most you.

Last edited:

Liz

Babysitter
Contributor
Reaction score
Morning everyone. I will be Turking and watching endless hours of Anime today since my granddaughter loves Ponyo, Totoro and Kikis Delivery.
Mr. Hollands Opus here! I love this movie.

Reactions: teal4life and jan
Status
Not open for further replies.