12/26 - Waddle Wednesday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sofaslug

my cat's he-bitch
Reaction score
Thinking about it, I think the biggest jump happened after 2,000 and since then I haven't noticed another jump. Maybe others can chime in. I think 1,000-2,000 might be the line that separates the dabblers from people who are more seriously turking...
I have seen requesters use 50,000 and even 100,000 as a qual to take a hit. Those are pretty rare but they are out there. It used to be that 20,000 was a not uncommon qual but that was years ago. I stopped paying attention back around the time I hit 300,000 a few years back.

teal4life

Why I Turk
Contributor
Reaction score
I have seen requesters use 50,000 and even 100,000 as a qual to take a hit. Those are pretty rare but they are out there. It used to be that 20,000 was a not uncommon qual but that was years ago. I stopped paying attention back around the time I hit 300,000 a few years back.
Just when you think you have enough, a few requesters will post that they want people under a 1000. Lol.

mboone73

The Last Hit Poster
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Half-Ass
Reaction score
Greetings from Amazon Mechanical Turk,

You've received a bonus from Yuta Nakashima for work related to 3VP28W7DUMJ7HFEAZ19WOTJ8NHWZFT.
The value of your bonus is: $0.01 USD

The Requester included this note:
Dear AMT worker,

Thanks for taking our The Big Bang Theory survey to qualify for our HITs! We are really glad to give you the qualification for writing questions about scenes of the Big Bang Theory.

First of all, let us briefly introduce ourselves. We are Noa Garcia (myself) and Yuta Nakashima from Osaka University and we work on a research project that consists on answering questions about videos. It is a very exciting project and we are working hard to get the most of it! So, for now, we need your help to create the questions we later will try to answer.

With your qualification, you can now start answering our HITs. You can find them under the name "Questions about a GIF" or you can just search for the HITs created by requester Yuta Nakashima (maybe the latter option is better as we *may* change the name). Please, note that we are still trying to figure out the best way to design our HITs, so we may keep incorporating small changes.

Ah! Also, we are very welcome to receive and incorporate any feedback from Turkers, so please, don't hesistate to contact us. We always reply to questions and suggestions

That's it for now. Thanks again for your collaboration and welcome to our crew!

Have a very nice day

Noa

savvy

goin' down to the yee-haw
Reaction score
Greetings from Amazon Mechanical Turk,

You've received a bonus from Yuta Nakashima for work related to 3VP28W7DUMJ7HFEAZ19WOTJ8NHWZFT.
The value of your bonus is: $0.01 USD

The Requester included this note:
Dear AMT worker,

Thanks for taking our The Big Bang Theory survey to qualify for our HITs! We are really glad to give you the qualification for writing questions about scenes of the Big Bang Theory.

First of all, let us briefly introduce ourselves. We are Noa Garcia (myself) and Yuta Nakashima from Osaka University and we work on a research project that consists on answering questions about videos. It is a very exciting project and we are working hard to get the most of it! So, for now, we need your help to create the questions we later will try to answer.

With your qualification, you can now start answering our HITs. You can find them under the name "Questions about a GIF" or you can just search for the HITs created by requester Yuta Nakashima (maybe the latter option is better as we *may* change the name). Please, note that we are still trying to figure out the best way to design our HITs, so we may keep incorporating small changes.

Ah! Also, we are very welcome to receive and incorporate any feedback from Turkers, so please, don't hesistate to contact us. We always reply to questions and suggestions

That's it for now. Thanks again for your collaboration and welcome to our crew!

Have a very nice day

Noa
aw that would've been a fun qual

mboone73

The Last Hit Poster
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Half-Ass
Reaction score
Title: Essence and Purpose | Accept
Requester: David Rose [A3NPYUGFWX51N2] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: [Pay=4.14] [Fast=4.35] [Comm=3.53] [Fair=4.35] [Reviews=49] [ToS=0]
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 0.20
Duration: 1:00:00
Available: 1
Description: Take a fun survey! Just read a short story and answer some quick questions
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.4.6
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

teal4life

Why I Turk
Contributor
Reaction score
Just a note to the newer turkers. Another reason it can be slower is because of people like my son. Does not Turk during the school year much but on the breaks, he is a damn demon. Taking all my jobs and generally being a pain in the ass. And I get all these IP address surveys that he grabs so I can't. Disrespectful child he is.:(

mboone73

The Last Hit Poster
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Half-Ass
Reaction score
Title: Merry Christmas!!! | Accept
Requester: AmberJade McCracken [A5LLSZG8YCAZF] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: [Pay=5.00] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=5.00] [Fair=4.78] [Reviews=20] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=null] [Pen=0.13 days] [Res=100%] [Rec=100%] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
Reward: 0.10
Duration: 1:00:00
Available: 1
Description: mturkcrowd.com members only.
Qualifications: Time out DoesNotExist ; Bad Wolf Exists
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.4.6
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]
I'm tempted to write a TV review...

Turk_Queen

Reaction score
Hello,

I am new(ish) to mTurk and have been trying to get more qualifications. How do I get the Bad Wolf? I submitted my request but it looks like it is only for members of this forum and I wanted to make sure it was known that I do go on here but don't add much since I am still figuring things out. I apologize if I'm missing something. Mturk is very overwhelming for newbies, despite all the resources out there! Coming here has definitely taught me a lot so far though. :)

Reactions: Idess and teal4life

savvy

goin' down to the yee-haw
Reaction score
First off a christmas present I need to share and Jaded @Jaded needs to see when she has time

and also, I uploaded this to imgur to post on christmas eve, but couldn't get the image address on my phone and gave up. i always hang with my horse on christmas eve. we had gone on a nice solo trail ride and then I sat some hay while he ate the other pile. It wasn't too cold and the sun was nice.

teal4life

Why I Turk
Contributor
Reaction score
Hello,

I am new(ish) to mTurk and have been trying to get more qualifications. How do I get the Bad Wolf? I submitted my request but it looks like it is only for members of this forum and I wanted to make sure it was known that I do go on here but don't add much since I am still figuring things out. I apologize if I'm missing something. Mturk is very overwhelming for newbies, despite all the resources out there! Coming here has definitely taught me a lot so far though. :)
I don't know. I have never tried for it because it looks to hard for me.:wink:

mboone73

The Last Hit Poster
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Half-Ass
Reaction score
Hello,

:eek:

I'm not qualified!
Jaded @Jaded Can you help these poor souls?

Status
Not open for further replies.