12/26 - Waddle Wednesday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jan

Reaction score
:dead:

morning! I'm sick :( And my kids both have pinkeye/colds, and my husband is coming down with whatever-it-is :cautious:
:hug:
I always hated pink eye. My daughter was pretty good about not itching (so we didn't use the 'please don't itch eye drops')
me, too - but it took a good day or two of sitting on my hands :(

nmelssx

Reaction score
Is it just me, or is there barely any works these past few days? I went to search for HITs that's 69 cents or higher today, and I only found 17 HITs today, and all of them ranged from 1 day old to 2 months old. Not a single HIT was posted today. :( Please let me know how many HITs you guys found today, and how much they paid you searched for.

Reactions: jan

sofaslug

my cat's he-bitch
Reaction score
Is it just me, or is there barely any works these past few days? I went to search for HITs that's 69 cents or higher today, and I only found 17 HITs today, and all of them ranged from 1 day old to 2 months old. Not a single HIT was posted today. :( Please let me know how many HITs you guys found today, and how much they paid you searched for.
I have my search set at .40 and higher. There are only a couple of hits that show as being posted in the past 12 hours. The holiday week is always slow so it's not surprising. Things should start to pick up the week after next. Not sure next week will be much better. Once college (and research) is back in session it should get better. Until then we could see work mainly from overseas requesters who don't necessarily shut down for the holidays.

Reactions: cyberwasp and jan

sofaslug

my cat's he-bitch
Reaction score
I'm mostly thankful I didn't have to break up any fights
I still have one more gathering on Saturday and that is going to be the 'fun' one. My sister in law will inevitably get drunk and fall off a table while my wife and her actual sister will get catty as hell and eventually throw down in front of a house full of toddlers. Meanwhile my brothers in law and I will be hiding in a corner talking about video games and vinyl records and ignoring the screams and children.

sofaslug

my cat's he-bitch
Reaction score
Reminder that Prolific will have another cash out day on the 28th so make sure to have your transfers set up before then if you want it. Next one will be on January 2nd.

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
not just you. It's Christmas, so it's gonna be slow.

greg

Hey that tickles
Reaction score
It's been like since Friday, at least in the early mornings EST when I turk. Even the weekend was pretty bad. I expect many organizations are out of money and waiting for their new budgets in the new year. That's how it was for me when I worked in higher ed. We had to spend down our Fall budget or lose it, and then we got a new funding allocation in January. Of course it was a public university. Very patriarchal.

Reactions: cyberwasp and jan

nmelssx

Reaction score
It's been like since Friday, at least in the early mornings EST when I turk. Even the weekend was pretty bad. I expect many organizations are out of money and waiting for their new budgets in the new year. That's how it was for me when I worked in higher ed. We had to spend down our Fall budget or lose it, and then we got a new funding allocation in January. Of course it was a public university. Very patriarchal.
But the weekends are always bad. There's almost always never any work on Saturdays and Sundays.

greg

Hey that tickles
Reaction score
But the weekends are always bad. There's almost always never any work on Saturdays and Sundays.
It depends on the weekend. I made $50 in half a Saturday a couple of weeks ago.
The more you turk, the more HITs you will qualify for. Many requesters require minimums. I noticed that once I passed 3000 approved HITs the number of good paying surveys went up by a lot. I also request as many quals as I can find when things are slow.

SmolAliens

Reaction score
It depends on the weekend. I made $50 in half a Saturday a couple of weeks ago.
The more you turk, the more HITs you will qualify for. Many requesters require minimums. I noticed that once I passed 3000 approved HITs the number of good paying surveys went up by a lot. I also request as many quals as I can find when things are slow.
Does 5K open up any more? I'm just under 4k and I find I'm still missing out on a lot. 99% approval, so that's not the issue.

teal4life

Why I Turk
Contributor
Reaction score
I have found that if I use my down time like today to search on the forum for old posts of good hits, save requesters to my MTS that may post in the future, make sure everything is backed up ect, I will make more money as the week goes on. For me, part of turking is the research I do on things I may miss. I have even read posts from forums that no longer exist. Just my own opinion but I have found that works for me.:)

greg

Hey that tickles
Reaction score
Does 5K open up any more? I'm just under 4k and I find I'm still missing out on a lot. 99% approval, so that's not the issue.
Thinking about it, I think the biggest jump happened after 2,000 and since then I haven't noticed another jump. Maybe others can chime in. I think 1,000-2,000 might be the line that separates the dabblers from people who are more seriously turking...

Status
Not open for further replies.