12/25 - Snowy Christmas Sunday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

E.Illness

╮(︶▽︶)╭
Reaction score
I will get off my soapbox now but even though I don't post a lot, this forum is a great place. I have noticed a wide acceptance of different people and almost anyone here will listen to you if needed. Welcome to the forum.
Thank you :) I was on MTG from 2014 to 2015, so I'm familiar with many of the nice people here ^^

Reactions: Jaded

tempo

Contributor
Reaction score
I am agoraphobic too. We could talk about mental illnesses these days here since mturk is so quiet :D. Hope nobody's struggling too much on the holidays.
Merry Christmas!

Edit: I was actually looking for anxiety and panic attacks books online earlier.

Last edited:

alk69

Reaction score
So, we're all maimed and sickly. Me too. I've struggled all my life with my ailments. And watched others do with ease the things that are nye impossible for me to even consider. If I've learned one thing in the last 70 years, it's that we are all cripples. All of us have a flaw, some just more visible and fatal than others. None of us are perfect (and any who believe they're perfect are the real nuts).........now for a real problem....since it's too hot here for the ham I got, should I have cheese burgers or tacos for Christmas dinner? I've the fancy fixins for both......

teal4life

Why I Turk
Contributor
Reaction score
I am agoraphobic too. We could talk about mental illnesses these days here since mturk is so quiet :D. Hope nobody's struggling too much on the holidays.
Merry Christmas!

Edit: I was actually looking for anxiety and panic attacks books online earlier.
Don't know of any books. I actually even struggle to post on the forum. It takes me to long to get what I want to say out and then I worry that I said things right. My own weird form of anxiety.

Hope you have a Merry Christmas also.

teal4life

Why I Turk
Contributor
Reaction score
So, we're all maimed and sickly. Me too. I've struggled all my life with my ailments. And watched others do with ease the things that are nye impossible for me to even consider. If I've learned one thing in the last 70 years, it's that we are all cripples. All of us have a flaw, some just more visible and fatal than others. None of us are perfect (and any who believe they're perfect are the real nuts).........now for a real problem....since it's too hot here for the ham I got, should I have cheese burgers or tacos for Christmas dinner? I've the fancy fixins for both......
Taco Burgers.

Reactions: alk69

tempo

Contributor
Reaction score
Don't know of any books. I actually even struggle to post on the forum. It takes me to long to get what I want to say out and then I worry that I said things right. My own weird form of anxiety.

Hope you have a Merry Christmas also.
We all have some weird phobias. It's great that you had the courage to say it. I don't, lol :D. I can send you an ebook if you want. Just found one pdf.

E.Illness

╮(︶▽︶)╭
Reaction score
Title: Take a 1-question, multi-option survey (US-based only) | PANDA
Requester: PickFu [AI2HRFAYYSAW7] (Contact)
TO: [Comm: 4.15] [Pay: 4.26] [Fair: 4.71] [Fast: 4.78] [Reviews: 273] [ToS: 1]
Description:
For each pair of options, choose the option that best answers the question. Explain your choice.
Time: 15 minutes
HITs Available: 2
Reward: $0.12
Qualifications: PickFu NDA is 1; Location is US;

Title: Is this Event family friendly? | PANDA
Requester: Venue Quality [A14AT838CPSKA6] (Contact)
TO: [Comm: 2.52] [Pay: 3.93] [Fair: 4.45] [Fast: 4.60] [Reviews: 138] [ToS: 0]
Description:
Given the following event information, decide if the event is one that you consider family friendly.
Time: Unable to pull duration
HITs Available: 134
Reward: $0.01
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 60; Location is US

Last edited:
Reactions: Nihility42

panda3303

Reaction score
Merry Christmas All. And yes I have suffered for years with anxiety. I couldn't drive a car for twenty years, I am driving some now since my husband died I have no choice but it take some Xanax to get me behind the wheel. I have somewhat over come my agoraphobia and try to leave my home everyday now. Anxiety stinks because people look at me and say "you don't look disabled to me", if they only knew.

panda3303

Reaction score
And now to the brighter side of life, is there anything to work on out there?

E.Illness

╮(︶▽︶)╭
Reaction score
And now to the brighter side of life, is there anything to work on out there?
I haven't been having any luck. Already done most of the surveys up, pretty much just been doing pennies. Tried this survey but got screened out.

Title: Answer a survey about behavior in organizations | PANDA
Requester: Johannes Habel [A306ZWFE1OG5R1] (Contact)
TO: [Comm: N/A] [Pay: 4.00] [Fair: 5.00] [Fast: 4.33] [Reviews: 7] [ToS: 0]
Description:
You will answer a series of survey questions on different aspects of a company, team, leader, and yourself
Time: Unable to pull duration
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $2.00
Qualifications: None
]

panda3303

Reaction score
Yep, got screened out oh well.

jan

Reaction score
Merry Christmas!

the best strategy, imo, is some form of meditation practice. You can learn a variety of forms, from more traditional practices to some less so (lots of 'easier' options out there :). Usually, I teach folks to learn some kind of deep breathing and become very comfortable with it when they are NOT anxious. It's important to develop those habits (really develop them so they are almost second nature). I think in the past we encouraged folks to deep breath when they were in panic mode (and no one can learn a new strategy when they are in panic :wink:.

Here's one book that I'd recommend for that, though books are not necessary imo - practice is :).
https://www.amazon.com/Mindfulness-...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=QV4ME4J73FMTQGKGA7H9

spchles1

Reaction score
I hope the Zs come out today like they did yesterday.

klyde

No, I don't want to see your pog collection
Contributor
Reaction score
Sup? Do they normally post Zs on Christmas?

Status
Not open for further replies.