12/25 - Christmas Tuesday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amon

Contributor
Reaction score
I suppose its about time I go Christmas shopping now, one day I will stop procrastinating...one day.

Reactions: savvy

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Well at least they inform you, I've never much cared for the "if you've done this before don't do it again" line. I've returned a good bit of things over that after getting into hit for it to then be familiar.
Do you use a database like MTS's HITTracker or HitDB(if that is still around)? That's how I, and most others, prevent retakes if a requester is too lazy to prevent them. With HitTracker, you'll see a question mark or a check mark next to a HIT. If you mouse over them, it will tell you history info. The green check means you've done and been paid, the question mark is subbed or assigned(maybe abandoned). There will be one next to the requester if you've done something for that requester. There will be something next to the HIT title if you've done a match to that title. Title matches aren't always reliable, as HITs can have the same name pretty regularly("Survey about your opinions", etc.)

Reactions: Nikoratos

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
i remember the days when this hit was posted 30 times a day by electrolyte
Really? I was pretty sure that electrolyte @electrolyte (Merry Christmas!!) was good about posting it once a day, maybe twice. You could be much more observant of those things than I.:)

Reactions: Peachy and savvy

lolkatB

Contributor
Reaction score
Which is better? Hit Catcher or Panda Crazy? I have both but I use Panda Crazy but I was wondering if Hit Catcher is better? I like the way it looks more than Panda
I prefer how HC looks, but I think I catch more HITs with Panda Crazy, though for the last couple of weeks I've been following this advice from Jerami @Jerami in the Mentor thread and I've been a lot more productive...

Also, HitFinder or Scraper should be living in it's own spot, right out in front. Even if I'm not actively working anything, such as when I'm watching a movie, HF lives on my left screen, always on top. I know it's always there(can be done with split screen instead of second monitor) and when it moves, I can see it out of the corner of my eye. Human eyes have evolved to catch small movements more easily in their peripheral vision so, see HF move is just natural. I know the most recent HIT, in 'Logged HITs' will always be at the top, so that's the only part I have to focus on. I know the accept and the pay are in the upper right, narrowing what I have to focus on further. So, if HF moves, that means a new hit posted. Then I immediately move my mouse and my eyes to that upper right corner and click if the pay is remotely good. I'd rather chuck it back than try and rely on a PandA after reading and making a decision about it's quality. Click first, ask questions later. Am I a woman? "Nope." Chuck it back. But, at least I had the option.

So, HF having a space front and center is really key for me. It makes me the most money. I catch most of my stuff there so it gets priority. Muscle memory will eventually kick in so that you can always land on that 'accept' link without too much effort. But, you really want to try and be the one catching the HITs from HF, or Scraper, or whatever. To make the leap to the next step of turking, you should get into the mentality of trying to be a HIT predator and jump on them when they first hit HF. Once you miss that first chance, a PandA is like hoping that you can find a half a sandwich that someone was finished with. There's a chance if you're not too picky about what kind of sandwich. And, PandAs from the forum are usually like carrion. If you hang out with predators, there's a pretty good chance you'll see all kinds of dead stuff but, you're only going to get what they don't want or need anymore. You're hardly going to fill up or, make money, if you understand the metaphor.

I don't think there are any actual figures I could reference but, in my estimation, your chances of catching a HIT are at least halved when you have to use a PandA over a 'post and grab'. Honestly, it's probably much less, even as low as ~25%. So, with chances that low, if PandA management is taking a significant amount of your time, you may want to adjust that. Because, I really feel like, if your mouse pointer lived on the top right of HitFinder, and you didn't even turn on any PandA apps, you could probably catch, at least 2, $1 HITs and complete them within an hour.

I have more to say, I'm sure but, that'll do for now. Keep at it.:)
which I keep meaning to thank him for Jerami @Jerami thanks, I know I wasn't part of the conversation, but your advice rang some bells with me and helped me out.

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Which is better? Hit Catcher or Panda Crazy? I have both but I use Panda Crazy but I was wondering if Hit Catcher is better? I like the way it looks more than Panda
HitCatcher being integrated with a DB and HitFinder gives it a a leg up, imo. But, I think if you need requesterID PandA's, PC(PandaCrazy) is your only option. Correct me if I'm wrong guys.:)

I use HitCatcher exclusively, btw.
(I also don't batch as much as many. That may factor. Not sure)

Last edited:

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Also, if you have the time, don't forget the forum's search feature. If you search "Hit Catcher or Panda Crazy" I'm sure there'll be some really good reading from both sides of the aisle. Plus, I've got some more in depth answers to that question, which can probably be found that way too. Just saying, there's a wealth of information available, if you look.:)

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I prefer how HC looks, but I think I catch more HITs with Panda Crazy, though for the last couple of weeks I've been following this advice from Jerami @Jerami in the Mentor thread and I've been a lot more productive...

which I keep meaning to thank him for Jerami @Jerami thanks, I know I wasn't part of the conversation, but your advice rang some bells with me and helped me out.
Anytime, my "full English"!:p You're most welcome. Always happy to help.:) Happy Christmas, btw.

Last edited:
Reactions: lolkatB

Dill

Reaction score
Greetings from Amazon Mechanical Turk,

You've received a bonus from JBK for work related to 3WGCNLZJKF9XDLOUKPLBGVBXWT01DF.
The value of your bonus is: $5.71 USD

The Requester included this note:
Thank you for completing all 5-days HITs (12/17-21). Your earnings from 5 HITs are $2.71. With the completion bonus of $3.00, your total earning is $5.71. Thank you.

Thanks for being a Worker on Mechanical Turk!

catscratch

Reaction score
Also, if you have the time, don't forget the forum's search feature. If you search "Hit Catcher or Panda Crazy" I'm sure there'll be some really good reading from both sides of the aisle. Plus, I've got some more in depth answers to that question, which can probably be found that way too. Just saying, there's a wealth of information available, if you look.:)
True. I'll read more about now. I have MTurk Suite and I've used HitFinder but I haven't used Hit Catcher before today and I've seen my Hit Tracker a few times. I'll read more about Hit Catcher. Thanks!

Reactions: Jerami

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: What makes MTurk Workers Successful? The “Where’s The Object?” Game(~ 25 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Paige [A2QAASN9XAREUC] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: No Reviews
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 1.00
Duration: 45:00
Available: 1
Description: This task is designed to investigate whether visual processing ability influences MTurker success. In this HIT, we will assess visual processing through performance in the “Where’s the Object?” Game, in which you will be asked to identify an object within a busy image. In addition, you will complete several demographic questionnaires. The study will take approximately 15 minutes of your time. Those that complete the study will receive $1.00. If there is a particular question you do not feel comfortable answering, you can skip it. Also, you will be able to quit the study at any time if you wish by not submitting your answers. Only those who are currently living in the United States are allowed to participate in this study. You must be 18 or older to participate. Please note this HIT must be completed on a computer. You cannot complete this HIT on a tablet or phone.
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location In US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.4.6
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
"What makes MTurk Workers Successful?" Well, Paige, step one is not doing study that takes 25 minutes for a dollar. Merry Christmas though.[/td][/tr]

EDIT Though, it says 15 in the desc. so, maybe I'll do it.:p

Last edited:

savvy

goin' down to the yee-haw
Reaction score
Everyone..i got a really fancy set of knives with a block. and some other odds and ends but that was all I wanted was knives. So yeah I'm adulting hardcore.

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Listen to a edm-dance song and answer a survey about it. | Accept
Requester: AudioKite [A1ZEEGMU3YMZ6] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$10.46] [Pay=3.68] [Fast=null] [Comm=null] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=3.43] [Fast=4.84] [Comm=3.27] [Fair=4.89] [Reviews=221] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=2.00] [Pen=0.39 days] [Res=null] [Rec=94%] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
Reward: 0.13
Duration: 1:00:00
Available: 1
Description: A musician or label is seeking feedback on a edm-dance song from people in the United States who enjoy edm-dance music. Listen to the song for at least 30 seconds and answer a survey about it. NOTE: The qualification test is to confirm you enjoy listening to the designated genre.
Qualifications: Likes EDM / Dance Music GreaterThanOrEqualTo 1; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
Get your EDM qual. Take test in the desc.[/td][/tr]

Reactions: jklmnop

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Listen to a world song and answer a survey about it. | Accept
Requester: AudioKite [A1ZEEGMU3YMZ6] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$10.46] [Pay=3.68] [Fast=null] [Comm=null] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=3.43] [Fast=4.84] [Comm=3.27] [Fair=4.89] [Reviews=221] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=2.00] [Pen=0.39 days] [Res=null] [Rec=94%] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
Reward: 0.13
Duration: 1:00:00
Available: 5
Description: A musician or label is seeking feedback on a world song from people in the United States who enjoy world music. Listen to the song for at least 30 seconds and answer a survey about it. NOTE: The qualification test is to confirm you enjoy listening to the designated genre.
Qualifications: Likes World Music GreaterThanOrEqualTo 1; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
Get your World qual. Take test in the desc.[/td][/tr]

Reactions: jklmnop
Status
Not open for further replies.