12/25 - Christmas Tuesday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amon

Contributor
Reaction score
having been on both sides... sure it makes it easier and being back to the pleb side... i’ve been putting up the same or better numbers the last few months. don’t ask why I’m back on the non-Masters side. amazon never even explained why themselves back when I lost Masters in February
I wasn't aware that they actually ever remove it. Though there are alot of specifics I am not particularly aware of. I mean I could see if there were a good bit of change in rejection rate or whatnot. Otherwise I had always just assumed once you got it you got it.

Peachy

Banned
Pollster
Crowd Pleaser
Champion
Reaction score
I wasn't aware that they actually ever remove it. Though there are alot of specifics I am not particularly aware of. I mean I could see if there were a good bit of change in rejection rate or whatnot. Otherwise I had always just assumed once you got it you got it.
the conclusion i had was I messed up on a Amazon Tax Engines batch in January. because right after the batch ended I (and a couple other Turkers that I know) got a masters warning email. Then a month later to the day got masters removed. I asked mturk support if me making some errors on the batch was the reason why (I and others lost masters), but they didn’t say directly. they just replied with a generic copy and paste email.

Amon

Contributor
Reaction score
In case anyone was looking for something to this week, disappearing half the turkforce would make things easier too.
As in make them not turk?

Reactions: Jaded

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Blocks, my man. Blocks. That's why we were talking about them yesterday. Requesters can screw your world with a click. Occasionally, they can even do it on a whim or by accident. Blocks and internal metrics(based on performance on Amazon HITs(imo), and other secrets) can cause you to lose Masters. But, 2 or 3 Blocks in a short time and I'm pretty sure you'd lose it. Once again though, this is all supposition without confirmation from the powers that be.:)
the conclusion i had was I messed up on a Amazon Tax Engines batch in January. because right after the batch ended I (and a couple other Turkers that I know) got a masters warning email. Then a month later to the day got masters removed. I asked mturk support if me making some errors on the batch was the reason why (I and others lost masters), but they didn’t say directly. they just replied with a generic copy and paste email.
EDIT Like I said, Metrics on Amazon HITs. This is an example of why I think that people in non A9 states have a harder time getting Masters, imo. Don't want to argue it though. I don't feel strongly enough about it to care.:p

Last edited:

Amon

Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah based on scripted email response I'd assume the same thing, I have never actually done any of the amazon batches. I've always mostly done one pops which sort of explains why my hit count seems seriously low in comparison to some at 5.4k approved. I had stuck to mostly higher nominal value hits when I first started and have mostly stuck with that, though I have done batches for requesters like Noah, Andreas Vesalius and MERLAMT. I've seen some of the weekly summary posts on here before with up to 4k hits completed and I just don't even understand how I would complete that many in a week.

Reactions: Peachy

Amon

Contributor
Reaction score
Blocks, my man. Blocks. That's why we were talking about them yesterday. Requesters can screw your world with a click. Occasionally, they can even do it on a whim or by accident. Blocks and internal metrics(based on performance on Amazon HITs(imo), and other secrets) can cause you to lose Masters. But, 2 or 3 Blocks in a short time and I'm pretty sure you'd lose it. Once again though, this is all supposition without confirmation from the powers that be.:)

EDIT Like I said, Metrics on Amazon HITs. This is an example of why I think that people in non A9 states have a harder time getting Masters, imo. Don't want to argue it though. I don't feel strongly enough about it to care.:p
Stupid question of the day, whats A9?

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Yeah based on scripted email response I'd assume the same thing, I have never actually done any of the amazon batches. I've always mostly done one pops which sort of explains why my hit count seems seriously low in comparison to some at 5.4k approved. I had stuck to mostly higher nominal value hits when I first started and have mostly stuck with that, though I have done batches for requesters like Noah, Andreas Vesalius and MERLAMT. I've seen some of the weekly summary posts on here before with up to 4k hits completed and I just don't even understand how I would complete that many in a week.
3800(~max HITs) A9's in a day is possible. Do that a couple times in a week and the HIT count goes up pretty quickly.:)

Peachy

Banned
Pollster
Crowd Pleaser
Champion
Reaction score

EDIT Metrics on Amazon HITs. This is an example of why I think that people in non A9 states have a harder time getting Masters, imo. Don't want to argue it though. I don't feel strongly enough about it to care.:p
you could be right about non A9 states having tougher times geting Masters. it’s still all guesswork at the end of the day though. nothing is ever black and white with mTurk and masters. it sucks but is what it is

some requesters suck though.

and I knew I made some mistakes on the Tax Engines batch after the fact. I take the L. it was a costly L though if that was the main factor in losing it (which I think it was)

Reactions: savvy and Jerami

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Stupid question of the day, whats A9?
An Amazon Requester Inc batch HIT. Usually categorizing photos of products on Amazon. They take a few seconds and pay a few pennies.

Last edited:

teal4life

Why I Turk
Contributor
Reaction score
3800(~max HITs) A9's in a day is possible. Do that a couple times in a week and the HIT count goes up pretty quickly.:)
I use to cry as I watched the numbers for people with the state qual. I live 6 blocks from a state that could do them. Maybe it helped me to have to do other things to get a little better at turking. I have never done one even though I am now allowed.

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
More or less couple click penny hits?
Yup.
Usually categorizing photos of products on Amazon. They take a few seconds and pay a few pennies.

Reactions: cyberwasp

Amon

Contributor
Reaction score
Yup.
Usually categorizing photos of products on Amazon. They take a few seconds and pay a few pennies.
Sounds like all kinds of strange stuff would pop up, definitely quite a bit of odd things in the warehouse anyway. I worked there for a short bit when I moved back here from PA, helped to make the nights at least semi interesting though.

Reactions: Jerami

teal4life

Why I Turk
Contributor
Reaction score
Favorite gift of 5 year old grand daughter. Hatchimal, Pomsies or All the other name junk she got. NO!! Favorite thing was National Geographic Kinetic Sand kit for Dinosaurs and Hotel Transylvania DVD set. Grown kids are playing with it too. Grandma won.:)

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
Favorite gift of 5 year old grand daughter. Hatchimal, Pomsies or All the other name junk she got. NO!! Favorite thing was National Geographic Kinetic Sand kit for Dinosaurs and Hotel Transylvania DVD set. Grown kids are playing with it too. Grandma won.:)
can I have some kinetic sand too?

Amon

Contributor
Reaction score
When I was little my grandmother would make me home made playdough, also important to note it was edible and slightly sweet.

Status
Not open for further replies.