12/25 - Christmas Tuesday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyberwasp

Pikachu is my spirit animal
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Merry Christmas everyone. We pretty much finished up our Christmas yesterday so today is just a day of relaxing and gaming probably. Well thats what i thought anyways, i'm not so sure about that 273 Zoltars later hah.

teal4life

Why I Turk
Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, I assumed that a lot of Turkers have it. But I'm just a noob lol
Its like they said, nobody knows. I got it and my son got it at the same time. Not putting ourselves down but plenty others who I would consider much better didn't. I have basic computer skills at 54. My son is better but does not Turk full time. Glad I got it but definitely not merit based although plenty who have it deserve it.

SmolAliens

Reaction score
They really ought to have some kind of rubric for Masters. Any other job would at least give you *some* idea of what to do to get promoted instead of shrugging and saying 'I dunno, just keep working hard'.

Devil_Dawg

Marine, Husband, Father, Grand Father
Contributor
Reaction score
Its like they said, nobody knows. I got it and my son got it at the same time. Not putting ourselves down but plenty others who I would consider much better didn't. I have basic computer skills at 54. My son is better but does not Turk full time. Glad I got it but definitely not merit based although plenty who have it deserve it.
To be honest I really don't care anymore, if I needed this for a living I probably would. I'm fine without it.

teal4life

Why I Turk
Contributor
Reaction score
They really ought to have some kind of rubric for Masters. Any other job would at least give you *some* idea of what to do to get promoted instead of shrugging and saying 'I dunno, just keep working hard'.
I agree. I am very methodical about my jobs, but so are many others. Who knows what they are looking for when they hand it out? I do know that before they got it, some of the best ones on here now were still hitting the high numbers without it and the ones that deserved it but did not get it still have higher number than everyone else.

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I don't know how long it took but it was better than I'd have gotten from working on anything else during that time frame. It had a 24 hour timer so I didn't pay close attention. I type 45-85 wpm depending and I'd do it again.
With voice to text(and a bit of typing), the $15 one took 30 minutes.:)

Last edited:

Amon

Contributor
Reaction score
I agree. I am very methodical about my jobs, but so are many others. Who knows what they are looking for when they hand it out? I do know that before they got it, some of the best ones on here now were still hitting the high numbers without it and the ones that deserved it but did not get it still have higher number than everyone else.
I just assumed the Masters qual was the lootbox of Mturk.

Amon

Contributor
Reaction score
no, but I suspect it makes it easier.
Well sure, having access to a pool of resources that many don't must attribute something. Usually when I have bothered to browse them there doesn't seem to be anything crazy, but I would think those are just the stagnant hits most ignore just as the normal ones that hang around. I'd be interested in comparing the difference though over a given time period.

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
no, but I suspect it makes it easier.
I was going to let it go but, I have to second this. It's not always super helpful but, those small injections of a few dollars an hour can really make a good day great and a bad day, just okay.

Peachy

Banned
Pollster
Crowd Pleaser
Champion
Reaction score
having been on both sides... sure it makes it easier and being back to the pleb side... i’ve been putting up the same or better numbers the last few months. don’t ask why I’m back on the non-Masters side. amazon never even explained why themselves back when I lost Masters in February

Reactions: Jaded and Jerami
Status
Not open for further replies.