12/24 - Thankful Thursday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

charlie

Reaction score
I've got a fire going in the woodstove (despite it being really warm here, lol) and I'm knitting a hat.

We have a program in town that offers free meals (it's due to the pandemic. Local restaurants are paid by the state and you just drive on up and pick up a meal). Daughter is begging me to go - and I might.
do it! that's a great idea and something i wish texas had in effect. so many great local spots gone and not for lack of trying.

MirrorMan

The Madness
Contributor
Reaction score
I've got a fire going in the woodstove (despite it being really warm here, lol) and I'm knitting a hat.

We have a program in town that offers free meals (it's due to the pandemic. Local restaurants are paid by the state and you just drive on up and pick up a meal). Daughter is begging me to go - and I might.
That's awesome. I wish the places around here would do that. It would help a lot of folks out.

Reactions: HelloHello and jan

Skittles

It's Pumpkinninny!
Reaction score

jan

Reaction score
I actually got those start your fire the easy way bricks (I don't have a lot of kindling - and my stick pile is covered with a foot of snow still). I wanted to try them out.

The package reports - and I'm very curious about this - not recommending it - but the package says to save acorns and potato peels - 'it will keep your chimney pipe clean (??!)

I'm going to research that a little. I've never heard that before......

HelloHello

Reaction score
I actually got those start your fire the easy way bricks (I don't have a lot of kindling - and my stick pile is covered with a foot of snow still). I wanted to try them out.

The package reports - and I'm very curious about this - not recommending it - but the package says to save acorns and potato peels - 'it will keep your chimney pipe clean (??!)

I'm going to research that a little. I've never heard that before......
http://manestayfarm.com/2015/05/28/3-diy-chimney-cleaning-myths-you-shouldnt-believe/#:~:text=Burning%20the%20orange%20peels%20will,burn%20them%20in%20your%20fireplace.

Reactions: jan

Skittles

It's Pumpkinninny!
Reaction score
I think it's weird too (I just got it professionally cleaned :)

but this was ON the package. Isn't that odd? You'd think they would have to research it and pass it by their legal folks...........
Maybe Santa can help tonight

• Love
Reactions: jan and HelloHello

Skittles

It's Pumpkinninny!
Reaction score
Title: Jury Study - The Kind You Can Do on Christmas Eve (All-CraGran-W)(~ 32 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: Empirical Jury [A2QGI2L47S8HB0] (Req TV): $11.05/hr/hr
(TO): [Pay: N/A] [Fair: N/A] [Comm: N/A] [Fast: N/A]
Description:
You will view images and render opinions. You will also answer questions about yourself and the script.
Time: 1 hour(s) 36 minutes(s)
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $4.50
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; Exc: [266773-266184] DoesNotExist ; CR Research Group #2 DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 90; SurveyGroup [4483] DoesNotExist ; Adult Content Qualification EqualTo 1Take Test; CR Research Group #1 GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; Location In US;

Last edited:
Reactions: jan

jan

Reaction score
Title: survey about political opinions (maybe with opportunity for bonus)(~ 5 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Kellogg Kteily Lab [A8VNY3KPRHHRC] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$12.89] [Pay=Good] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Excellent] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=3.27] [Fast=4.93] [Comm=4.79] [Fair=4.96] [Reviews=98] [ToS=1]
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 0.70
Duration: 30:00
Available: 3
Description: survey about political opinions (maybe with opportunity for bonus)
Qualifications: Exc: [970451880-266166] DoesNotExist ; Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 500; CR Research Group #2 DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 98; CR Research Group #1 GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; Location In US

charlie

Reaction score
Title: Participate in a study about lie detection | PANDA
Requester: UTD Cloud [A1QNY3XCD2N4IH] (Req TV): $22.85/hr/hr
(TO): [Pay: N/A] [Fair: N/A] [Comm: N/A] [Fast: N/A]
Description:
You will watch videos of people lying and telling the truth and make judgements
Time: 3 hour(s)
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $10.00
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 90; Already Participated DoesNotExist ; Total approved HITs GreaterThan 50; Location EqualTo US;
if you can catch this one, I think it's HOTD (especially for non Masters people like me). Took me just a bit over 20 minutes.

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
woke up early to get to Trader Joe's at opening and turns out i didn't have to wake up so early. maybe a dozen people in the store at 8am and the store was all out of kringles (the whole reason I went). oh well thank god for coffee.
you need a Plan A, plan B, and Plan C when grocery shopping nowdays as grocery stores can't stock the shelves often enough, some food manufacturers can't keep up with demand, and some container manufacturers can't keep up with food supplier needs.

Trucker

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Title: Answer a Survey about Leisure Activities (15 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: USF Surveys [AF5XDNULCXQJK] [TurkerView]
Description: We are asking you to take part in a research project that examines the kinds of activities that people participate in for fun and relaxation -- activities you enjoy, socialization, and factors that may limit participation.
Duration: ~180min
Reward: $3.00
Qualifications:
  • COVID-1stWave DoesNotExis
  • Total approved HITs GreaterThan 100
  • Masters Exist
  • HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 90
  • Location EqualTo US
HIT Time: 9 min, 29 sec
Catchability: Great
Pros: No Writing. Good Pay for the effort required. Possible future followups.
Cons: A bit monotonous and repetitive. No Progress Bar.

Reactions: Michele

charlie

Reaction score
you need a Plan A, plan B, and Plan C when grocery shopping nowdays as grocery stores can't stock the shelves often enough, some food manufacturers can't keep up with demand, and some container manufacturers can't keep up with food supplier needs.
eh. the kringles are seasonal and very limited and I knew I was taking a chance. It wasn't all that bad. I'd had 2 over the past few weeks. Still, I should have gone over the weekend to have a better chance for one for the morning. Probably healthier that I didn't get one anyways haha.

charlie

Reaction score
been awhile since i've done an Empirical Jury hit. Took me about 40 minutes (reading slowly). Got me over my daily PE goal for the first time this week so I'm happy.

Title: Jury Study - We Want to Know Your Opinions (All-CraGran-W)(~ 32 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Empirical Jury [A2QGI2L47S8HB0] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$11.10] [Pay=Good] [Approval=1-3 days] [Comm=Acceptable] [Rej=1] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=3.00] [Fast=3.13] [Comm=1.97] [Fair=3.07] [Reviews=122] [ToS=3]
Reward: 4.50
Duration: 1:36:00
Available: 2
Description: You will view images and render opinions. You will also answer questions about yourself and the script.
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; Exc: [266773-266184] DoesNotExist ; CR Research Group #2 DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 90; SurveyGroup [4483] DoesNotExist ; Adult Content Qualification EqualTo 1; CR Research Group #1 GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; Location In US

Reactions: jan and Blakkat

charlie

Reaction score
I'm going to knit by the fire (sans potato skins!), eat popcorn, and watch some god-awful movie that my daughter swears I won't hate.

Happy Holiday everyone!
If it's not Elf then she's doing it wrong :D

• Haha
Reactions: HelloHello and jan

LumosDC

Reaction score
Very light writing (2 or 3 words).

Title: Survey about social interactions(~ 5 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Nadav Klien [A370HLFITA2L7K] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$16.56] [Pay=Good] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Excellent] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=3.02] [Fast=4.73] [Comm=4.33] [Fair=4.76] [Reviews=101] [ToS=0]
Reward: 0.60
Duration: 20:00
Available: 24
Description: In this survey, you will be asked to recall a social interactions and answer a few questions
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 1000; Exc: [266789-266200] DoesNotExist ; CR Research Group #2 DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 90

Reactions: Michele
Status
Not open for further replies.