12/24 - Die Hard is a Christmas Movie Monday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyberwasp

Pikachu is my spirit animal
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
It's just fine with 2, if you're just turking. If you start adding social media and entertainment, that's where the third comes in, imo.
ya i use half of one screen for forum/youtube/twitch/email/ect.

Reactions: Jerami

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
ya i use half of one screen for forum/youtube/twitch/email/ect.
I think once you take that out of the equation, you really only need a finding/accepting HITs screen and a working HITs/queue screen. Once again though, it's all personal preference.:) After that, it's just comfort room.

Last edited:
Reactions: cyberwasp

Amon

Contributor
Reaction score
I couldn't do one monitor. When some HIT wants to take over my full screen and pc, I'd freak out if the rest of the turk operation had to come to a halt.
Those can be annoying, usually after the initial request for you to switch to full screen and it confirms that you have switched you can back out of it, though I have occasionally seen ones that force a specific pixel count. Its mostly the inquisit ones that make that an issue for me. All in all I'm just looking to make next year a bit more profitable, ,but it's not like I expect anything crazy as a side income I'd be content with 10k this go around, which should be feasible if I don't take off half the year this time. All the time off did limit profits a bit for the year.

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Its mostly the inquisit ones that make that an issue for me.
Yep. That's why 2 pc's and 3 screens. Inquisit is an annoyance for most people. Not for me. It takes over 1 pc and screen and the wheels are still turning on my HitFinder screen. Also, since my mouse is jumping to a second pc, it still thinks the mouse is focused on the edge of pc 1. It works for me. That's all that matters.:p

Reactions: jklmnop

jan

Reaction score
Those can be annoying, usually after the initial request for you to switch to full screen and it confirms that you have switched you can back out of it, though I have occasionally seen ones that force a specific pixel count. Its mostly the inquisit ones that make that an issue for me. All in all I'm just looking to make next year a bit more profitable, ,but it's not like I expect anything crazy as a side income I'd be content with 10k this go around, which should be feasible if I don't take off half the year this time. All the time off did limit profits a bit for the year.
Keep in mind, that if a requester asks for your screen to be used fully - then it's what you should do.

I'm sure that some turkers cut corners, but as a forum - we don't support that. From my perspective, it's important to promote integrity in completing HITS (even if it weren't a forum rule). Look at what happened when requesters thought there were bots completing surveys.

Working from a place of integrity protects the work for us all.

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Also, if a HIT asks you to run in full screen, I do. I wouldn't want a rejection for something that stupid. Not saying it will happen but, you haven't followed the HIT instructions and they'd be well within their rights to reject you.

EDIT See above. Thanks jan @jan

Last edited:

Amon

Contributor
Reaction score
Keep in mind, that if a requester asks for your screen to be used fully - then it's what you should do.

I'm sure that some turkers cut corners, but as a forum - we don't support that. From my perspective, it's important to promote integrity in completing HITS (even if it weren't a forum rule). Look at what happened when requesters thought there were bots completing surveys.

I wasn't suggesting that it is a standard practice, I stumbled upon it before when I needed to copy paste worker ID and the standard right click input worker ID through MTS didn't function for some reason. In that situation it functioned as a quick workaround as I just use the one monitor, allowing me to input that and return it to its full screen status. It wasn't intended as a blatant disregard of the request to clarify. Would it be acceptable within that context as long as it is returned to fullscreen or should it be exited fully and then opened again after performing the copy?

Reactions: Jerami

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I wasn't suggesting that it is a standard practice, I stumbled upon it before when I needed to copy paste worker ID and the standard right click input worker ID through MTS didn't function for some reason. In that situation it functioned as a quick workaround as I just use the one monitor, allowing me to input that and return it to its full screen status. It wasn't intended as a blatant disregard of the request to clarify. Would it be acceptable within that context as long as it is returned to fullscreen or should it be exited fully and then opened again after performing the copy?
I'm sure Jan could answer this but, it's Christmas Eve so, not sure who's around. I'll give you my input. It would depend on the wording of the instructions, as to whether it said it must remain in full screen from that point forward or if it says it must be completed in full screen. If it's the latter, I'd assume that they would mean that no progress should be made no the HIT while not in fullscreen. That said, every HIT is going to be worded differently and it's up to you to interpret the instructions for that specific HIT. To me, it would be fine and mentioning to someone that you had to drop out of full screen to copy/paste would be no big deal. The statement "usually after the initial request for you to switch to full screen and it confirms that you have switched you can back out of it," without the qualifier, "then switch back into fullscreen before completing the HIT" gets close to that ethical border that we don't like to cross. I think that's all Jan was trying to point out. :)

I'm not speaking for Jan, just trying to help.:D

Last edited:
Reactions: jan and jklmnop

mboone73

The Last Hit Poster
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Half-Ass
Reaction score
Affleck is not Batman. He will never be Batman.
Affleck is at least the 3rd best live action Batman. I think the fans look past the 1st Keaton and Bale Batmans.

jklmnop

data sanitation engineer
Reaction score
I'm sure Jan could answer this but, it's Christmas Eve so, not sure who's around. I'll give you my input. It would depend on the wording of the instructions, as to whether it said it must remain in full screen from that point forward or if it says it must be completed in full screen. If it's the latter, I'd assume that they would mean that no progress should be made no the HIT while not in fullscreen. That said, every HIT is going to be worded differently and it's up to you to interpret the instructions for that specific HIT. To me, it would be fine and mentioning to someone that you had to drop out of full screen to copy/paste would be no big deal. The statement "usually after the initial request for you to switch to full screen and it confirms that you have switched you can back out of it," without the qualifier, "then switch back into fullscreen before completing the HIT" gets close to that ethical border that we don't like to cross. I think that's all Jan was trying to point out. :)

not Jan, but if a HIT that pays well enough requires fullscreen, I oblige. If a HIT wants fullscreen and the pay is middling-to-shitty, I just won't bother with it.

Also, a thousand times this

Amon

Contributor
Reaction score

Well that was why I figured I would clarify, it seemed like it was misunderstood. In a general sense I try and avoid actions that would cost me potential money, not that my record is perfect but I would like to think 99.78% approval is reasonably adequate to demonstrate attention to quality of work.

Reactions: jan and Jerami

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Affleck is at least the 3rd best live action Batman. I think the fans look past the 1st Keaton and Bale Batmans.
I think every live action Penguin has been better than it's contemporary Batman.:p

Also, not sure who mentioned it but, they're right, Aquaman is pretty darn good. Only one bit I haven't liked is when Aquaman was falling from a height, they put the cartoon whistle in, like Wiley Coyote. It was silly.
not Jan, but if a HIT that pays well enough requires fullscreen, I oblige. If a HIT wants fullscreen and the pay is middling-to-shitty, I just won't bother with it.
Same. If the pay is good, I follow the instructions. If the pay is bad, I don't do the HIT. I always work my HITs maximized anyway. That's why I got the second screen. So, if I F11, it doesn't really change all that much(1/4 inch). I still do it though. Why not. Once I start the HIT, I'm on their dime and do what's asked of me, or nope out.:D

TotalBabe

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Is this where the office mturk Christmas party is? Seems low-key. :wink:

Last edited:

jklmnop

data sanitation engineer
Reaction score
Is this where the office mturk Christmas party is? Seems low-key. :wink:
I just started watching Die Hard for the first time in several years. In the first five minutes there's a gun on a plane, casual sexual harassment in the workplace, smoking in an airport...oh the 80s

Reactions: TotalBabe

Amon

Contributor
Reaction score
I just started watching Die Hard for the first time in several years. In the first five minutes there's a gun on a plane, casual sexual harassment in the workplace, smoking in an airport...oh the 80s
Tell me more about the 80s I never got to experience them, it sounds like a nice place.

TotalBabe

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Well, I’ve been drunk and looking for someone to make out with for awhile now. But, Jerami @Jerami turned me down.
I'm sure he'll come around eventually if you have your heart set on it. :p

I like non-traditional Christmas movies (in addition to some of the traditional ones).

mboone73

The Last Hit Poster
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Half-Ass
Reaction score
Smoking in airports? Thank goodness we got rid of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.