12/24 - Die Hard is a Christmas Movie Monday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

greg

Hey that tickles
Reaction score
My friends and I saw the original Die Hard in the theater when I was in high school. As I remember, it was a summer blockbuster movie, not intentionally a Christmas movie.

Devil_Dawg

Marine, Husband, Father, Grand Father
Contributor
Reaction score
Die Hard > Die Hard with a Vengeance > Die Hard 2
I don't know, I thought the dad from Good Times was great in Die Hard 2

Reactions: teal4life

Kliq

Reaction score
I don't know, I thought the dad from Good Times was great in Die Hard 2
I enjoy all three but they made one of the great action thrillers into one of the great buddy cop movies in Vengeance. Die Hard 2 didn't break much ground. And I'm nostalgic for 90s NYC summers

Reactions: Devil_Dawg

spamgirl

Reaction score
Hey friends, this is paid, so I figured I'd post it here. I'm a part of this research project, so I can vouch for their veracity. :) Hope many of you can participate!!

** Study Recruitment E-mail **

This e-mail is being sent on behalf of Alex Williams, a PhD student working under the supervisions of Edith Law in the Human-Computer Interaction lab in the School of Computer Science at the University of Waterloo, Canada.

We are currently seeking participants for a 20-minute Skype interview in which we ask you questions about your work practice as a full-time crowdworker. Specifically, the interview will involve questions that describe your work practice (e.g. how you start working each day, how you select tasks to work on, how you transition between tasks). During the interview, the only demographic information we will inquire about is your gender and your age. All audio from the interview will be recorded, transcribed, and anonymized to ensure your data privacy and protection.

Study Rationale

The purpose of our study is to better understand the challenges and opportunities that crowdworkers have with task switching in their work practices. The results of this study contribute to graduate theses and faculty research aimed at exploring tools and interventions that improve crowdworkers' productivity and well-being.

Remuneration

Participants will receive a $10 Amazon gift card for participation in the study.

Criteria for Participation

In order to participate in the study, you must:

- be a full-time crowdworker on Amazon Mechanical Turk.
- be available for a 20-minute Skype call

Contact

If you would like to participate or have, please contact Alex Williams (alex.williams@uwaterloo.ca) to request permission to participate in this study. Participation is limited, and is guaranteed on a first-come, first-serve basis.

This study has been reviewed and received ethics clearance through a University of Waterloo Research Ethics Committee.

Last edited:

KYKITTY

Contributor
Reaction score
just to put it out there,
but I've not seen lethal weapon OR full metal jacket:p
My husband watch's all that s**t too much blood and guts for me give me a good comedy.

Reactions: greg and jan

FrenchToast

best thing since sliced bread
Reaction score
Title: Short Advertisement study(~ 3 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: pmcgraw [ABA0TJ2Y875G3] (Req TV): N/A
(TO): [Pay: 3.83] [Fair: 4.89] [Comm: 3.67] [Fast: 4.89]
Description:
Watch a TV ad and rate your impression of it (2 to 3 minutes)
Time: 30 minutes(s)
HITs Available: 99
Reward: $0.50
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 50; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 90; Location In US;

Super short, instant approval

Status
Not open for further replies.