12/24 - Die Hard is a Christmas Movie Monday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amon

Contributor
Reaction score
I got the same thing and I got mine overturned - they started applying the 8 turn rule to those that were done before the button instructed you to do 8 turns or be on the HIT 25 minutes or return vs submit. It's only something I will do now if there is NOTHING ELSE because I return 4 out of 5 unpaid due to no partner, dc partner, and now, if the partner is a deadbeat, I return those too because that is something they have made an 'unofficial requirement- force partner to do quality chat.
Its a shame really, if they were not quite so anal about them and you could get a solid partner they wouldn't be too bad. All those monies...they could be in my dashboard. I would like to think between forum communication something could probably be fan-dangled get matched with each other though.

Reactions: HelloHello

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
In case anyone wants to hear a new Christmas tune, this was that AudioKite...

Sondi @Sondi BanjoXmas song!:D

Reactions: Sondi and cyberwasp

HelloHello

Reaction score
Its a shame really, if they were not quite so anal about them and you could get a solid partner they wouldn't be too bad. All those monies...they could be in my dashboard. I would like to think between forum communication something could probably be fan-dangled get matched with each other though.
It would be nice if that could happen. I agree it hurts to see money laying around - I did quite a few of them before the 7 turn/25 minute rule - I hate that you might do 6 turns and have put in the time and effort and they don't pay yet they get to keep the chat which I am certain they use. Since they match you with the partner the deadbeat aspect is on them, however, it's not worth the time and effort it takes emailing about it.

Reactions: Amon

Amon

Contributor
Reaction score
It would be nice if that could happen. I agree it hurts to see money laying around - I did quite a few of them before the 7 turn/25 minute rule - I hate that you might do 6 turns and have put in the time and effort and they don't pay yet they get to keep the chat which I am certain they use. Since they match you with the partner the deadbeat aspect is on them, however, it's not worth the time and effort it takes emailing about it.
That and they do not even respond or at least they did not with mine, they just randomly overturned the rejection one day out of the blue about a week after I had said something to them.

Does social chat specify anything about not opening multiple hit instances at a time? It does have a 2hr allotment, so with a decent partner setup you could snag a few between a couple people and just open them in individual tabs one at a time after each successful connect if they want to force a 25 minute participation.

HelloHello

Reaction score
That and they do not even respond or at least they did not with mine, they just randomly overturned the rejection one day out of the blue about a week after I had said something to them.

Does social chat specify anything about not opening multiple hit instances at a time? It does have a 2hr allotment, so with a decent partner setup you could snag a few between a couple people and just open them in individual tabs one at a time after each successful connect if they want to force a 25 minute participation.
The 25-minute rule is only for submitting an incomplete chat, one less than 7 turns (that's 3/4 done). Due to their lagging server and some slow joe participants, a chat typically takes longer than that to complete. I have accepted multiple chats to my hit queue when I was doing a lot of them but not tried to open/do simultaneous chats . . . you'd have to check with somebody here with more experience as to whether that is even kosher under the rules and policies. Actually getting certain people as a partner, there are a lot of workers out there - Not saying it couldn't be done, just saying I couldn't begin to figure out how.

Amon

Contributor
Reaction score
The 25-minute rule is only for submitting an incomplete chat, one less than 7 turns (that's 3/4 done). Due to their lagging server and some slow joe participants, a chat typically takes longer than that to complete. I have accepted multiple chats to my hit queue when I was doing a lot of them but not tried to open/do simultaneous chats . . . you'd have to check with somebody here with more experience as to whether that is even kosher under the rules and policies. Actually getting certain people as a partner, there are a lot of workers out there - Not saying it couldn't be done, just saying I couldn't begin to figure out how.
I did not believe them to be that popular really and imagined with a group of a couple people accepting a few hits they could be opened in sync via some voice chat, obviously by no means guaranteed but certainly a better chance. I have never actually tried to put it into practice though. I don't see why having multiple going at once would be against anything, unless you are pairing with yourself. I know Noah for example did not allow that irregardless of whether you could provide a quality chat with yourself. I did often take his chat hits though and I would run a sequence of about three at once as you typically had a little time between waiting on the other person to reply. I never heard anything negative out of him about the practice, it is just to reduce down time between responses of the other participants. Usually you would end up with different speeds on each individual hit, as their response time would vary. So I would keep auto accept up and cycle through the three pulling them into individual windows so they could each be quickly answered as it occurred.

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Listen to a indie-alternative song and answer a survey about it. | Accept
Requester: AudioKite [A1ZEEGMU3YMZ6] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$10.46] [Pay=3.68] [Fast=null] [Comm=null] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=3.43] [Fast=4.84] [Comm=3.27] [Fair=4.89] [Reviews=221] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=2.00] [Pen=0.39 days] [Res=null] [Rec=94%] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
Reward: 0.13
Duration: 1:00:00
Available: 1
Description: A musician or label is seeking feedback on a indie-alternative song from people in the United States who enjoy indie-alternative music. Listen to the song for at least 30 seconds and answer a survey about it. NOTE: The qualification test is to confirm you enjoy listening to the designated genre.
Qualifications: Likes Indie / Rock / Alternative GreaterThanOrEqualTo 1; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.4.6
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
Still up. Get your "Likes Indie / Rock / Alternative" qual.[/td][/tr]

Each genre has it's own qualification with AudioKite.

HelloHello

Reaction score
I did not believe them to be that popular really and imagined with a group of a couple people accepting a few hits they could be opened in sync via some voice chat, obviously by no means guaranteed but certainly a better chance. I have never actually tried to put it into practice though. I don't see why having multiple going at once would be against anything, unless you are pairing with yourself. I know Noah for example did not allow that irregardless of whether you could provide a quality chat with yourself. I did often take his chat hits though and I would run a sequence of about three at once as you typically had a little time between waiting on the other person to reply. I never heard anything negative out of him about the practice, it is just to reduce down time between responses of the other participants. Usually you would end up with different speeds on each individual hit, as their response time would vary. So I would keep auto accept up and cycle through the three pulling them into individual windows so they could each be quickly answered as it occurred.
Don't know . . . As to popularity, I've done quite a few and I can tell you I have only recognized 2 repeat participants

Reactions: Jerami

teal4life

Why I Turk
Contributor
Reaction score
Listening to Alexa tell us jokes. My favorite was "Why does Dwayne Johnson sleep under newspaper?" Because Paper covers Rock. I have no life.

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Listening to Alexa tell us jokes. My favorite was "Why does Dwayne Johnson sleep under newspaper?" Because Paper covers Rock. I have no life.
Title: Listen to jokes and laugh (or not) | Accept
Requester: WritersRoom.io [A2ZT3QPGO7RKZO] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: No Reviews
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 0.05
Duration: 1:00:00
Available: 1
Description: Listen to 3min of jokes while recording yourself with a microphone.
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 80; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.4.6
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
listen to the same jokes for a nickel. Why laugh for free.[/td][/tr]

Reactions: teal4life

Amon

Contributor
Reaction score
Don't know . . . As to popularity, I've done quite a few and I can tell you I have only recognized 2 repeat participants
Yeah I only ever did about 4 so I was not particularly sure as to how busy/quickly they were re-posted. I have a tendency to look for ways to make inefficient things flow better, might not work but whats the worst that could happen. I'll have to do some testing one of these days.

HelloHello

Reaction score
Yeah I only ever did about 4 so I was not particularly sure as to how busy/quickly they were re-posted. I have a tendency to look for ways to make inefficient things flow better, might not work but whats the worst that could happen. I'll have to do some testing one of these days.
Well, the worst that could happen is that they freeze your account/kick you off mturk for allegedly violating policy!

xqyzt

Reaction score
Alright...

Presents...

All at once free for all or one at a time?

Amon

Contributor
Reaction score
Well, the worst that could happen is that they freeze your account/kick you off mturk for allegedly violating policy!
I suppose they can do whatever they want really. I wouldn't label it as anything destructive or sketchy personally as it does not compromise the quality of the content submitted in the hit or work to artificial speed through the hit. Such as say something like intentionally matching with yourself or like running a secondary account inside of a virtual machine would do, things like those I could definitely see coming back to bite you.

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Too true. If requesters think you're roasting their data, they won't hesitate to Block you. Too many blocks and AMT shuts you down.

Requesters don't need a valid reason to Block. Sad but true.

Last edited:

DareAngel3

Contributor
Mentor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I got rejected from a survey because I wasn't qualified.
I even finished the whole thing. Jonathan Lieberman was the requester. Messaged him but he probably won't do anything about it.
Maybe he'll learn to fix how his surveys are set up next time.
Me, too. I added him to my block list. Looking at his TO, it wasn't the first time and probably wont be the last.

Amon

Contributor
Reaction score
Too true. If requesters think you're roasting their data, they won't hesitate to Block you. Too many blocks and AMT shuts you down.

They don't need a reason.
Totally, I understand that realistically they are in the power position. Like I said I make no efforts to throw nonsense into the chat hits, I just usually run multiple at a time to account for downtime between their responses, fills the void of staring there at the unchanging screen. All I can say is that nothing has been said to me personally and I continue to be eligible for Noah hits. If a block were issued would it result in an email like receiving quals sometimes does?

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Totally, I understand that realistically they are in the power position. Like I said I make no efforts to throw nonsense into the chat hits, I just usually run multiple at a time to account for downtime between their responses, fills the void of staring there at the unchanging screen. All I can say is that nothing has been said to me personally and I continue to be eligible for Noah hits. If a block were issued would it result in an email like receiving quals sometimes does?
Yes it would come as an email, through the Mturk messaging system. I don't think multitabbing would be an issue. Not my call but, I know that when multitabbing, if a requester has an issue, one of these phrases "No distractions, Don't switch out of this window, You may only have one instance...etc" is usually on there. That said, I guess no requesters would put that there until they have a problem with it the first time. Then they'd reject or approve and implicitly say it. Then they'll say that you weren't giving it your full attention, therefore not providing quality data.(whether or not I agree with this is moot)

On the other note, once you try to select your partner, removing the randomness, you're definitely getting to the point where data starts to get skewed. Since you'd know your partner, you'd have info(from previous chats) that you shouldn't have about their likes, have established rapport, etc.

This is just my experienced opinion. It's your turk account, you have the right to run it how you'd like and everyone has a different risk tolerance.:)

TL/DR Yes. An email.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.