12/19 - Word Up Wednesday!

Would you rather have beef or chicken fajitas?

• Beef

• Chicken

• I'm a Vegetarian

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Debatesmith

I post GIF's more than I actually work
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure I found the game of my dreams last night accidentally and now I want a steam sale + a blockbuster day so I can justify it https://store.steampowered.com/app/233860/Kenshi/
HO BOY, let me just put this out there. It is an exceptional game. Made by basically one dude over the course of 12 years there is literally nothing else like it. Whatever you can possibly think of doing...you can do. You want to fight the Holy Empire with a robot army that has lightsabers for arms. Do it. You want to start a slave trading company that kidnaps NPC's and then sell them to slavers? Yep. A nice quiet life farming in your own city while guards around you operate the wall mounted crossbows to fend off raiding parties, YOU CAN DO THAT. It's as sandbox as sandbox games can get and I love it.

That being said, it is not like your average game of *Spawn, immediately are an overpowered demigod of invincibility. The game is unbelievably hard at the start. You are the lowest of the low and every single NPC can and most likely will obliterate you in any sort of confrontation. It takes a lot of patience and a lot of planning to make any sort of meaningful progress. But it is so worth it. It's one of the best games ever made, and I implore you to try it. Also, Morning everybody.

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score

savvy

goin' down to the yee-haw
Reaction score
aw shit, I just remembered I still have to do that. I haven't wrapped anything. I hate wrapping. Can I just like...throw a sheet over all of it and let him pull it off? :ROFL:
bags. better for the environment because reuse for ever, and easier to use!

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
HO BOY, let me just put this out there. It is an exceptional game. Made by basically one dude over the course of 12 years there is literally nothing else like it. Whatever you can possibly think of doing...you can do. You want to fight the Holy Empire with a robot army that has lightsabers for arms. Do it. You want to start a slave trading company that kidnaps NPC's and then sell them to slavers? Yep. A nice quiet life farming in your own city while guards around you operate the wall mounted crossbows to fend off raiding parties, YOU CAN DO THAT. It's as sandbox as sandbox games can get and I love it.

That being said, it is not like your average game of *Spawn, immediately are an overpowered demigod of invincibility. The game is unbelievably hard at the start. You are the lowest of the low and every single NPC can and most likely will obliterate you in any sort of confrontation. It takes a lot of patience and a lot of planning to make any sort of meaningful progress. But it is so worth it. It's one of the best games ever made, and I implore you to try it. Also, Morning everybody.
I AM SO FRIGGEN EXCITED. I've been looking for something like it for a long while and just not finding it. Forest Village kind of came close with the village building thing but it got boring b/c there was nothing else to do. I enjoy open sandbox games where I get to choose my story so I'M PUMPED!

Steam sale, pls!
yesss I was reading about it last night, it sounds amazing! Was out of my price range though so I got stardew valley instead
Stardew Valley is so great. And yeahhh I can't spend $29 on a game (at least not right now!) I might buy it for myself for christmas lol

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Prepare to spend A LOT of time on it, because it's addicting.
the only thing keeping my from buying it is how hard it is to get started. I don't like games where I'm continuously dying and having to start over. I much prefer games where I can relax, not sitting on the edge of my seat. lol. WoW is about as exciting as I get.
edit: well, the other thing keeping me from buying it is money. lol.

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I AM SO FRIGGEN EXCITED. I've been looking for something like it for a long while and just not finding it. Forest Village kind of came close with the village building thing but it got boring b/c there was nothing else to do. I enjoy open sandbox games where I get to choose my story so I'M PUMPED!

Steam sale, pls!

Stardew Valley is so great. And yeahhh I can't spend $29 on a game (at least not right now!) I might buy it for myself for christmas lol
I LOVE it so far! It's kind of monotonous but in a relaxing way

og4mi

Reaction score
the only thing keeping my from buying it is how hard it is to get started. I don't like games where I'm continuously dying and having to start over. I much prefer games where I can relax, not sitting on the edge of my seat. lol. WoW is about as exciting as I get.
edit: well, the other thing keeping me from buying it is money. lol.
Different play style (side-scroller), but have you tried Unravel? It's a pretty fun/chill game.

Reactions: cyberwasp

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I LOVE it so far! It's kind of monotonous but in a relaxing way
Who you planning on marrying? :gucci:

I always want to marry Elliot but Abigail has my heart 4evr.

FrenchToast

best thing since sliced bread
Reaction score
I'm going to marry Leah in stardew valley, I'm working on it. Mostly because I'm also Leah, but partly because the fortune teller said so. Just started playing it within the past month.

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Different play style (side-scroller), but have you tried Unravel? It's a pretty fun/chill game.
I actually had Origin Access for a few months and that's one of the free ones on there but I never tried it. I'll probably get it again in the next few months and I'll give it a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.