12/17 - Swinging Sunday!

If the entire population was combined into one person - would they be more kindhearted or mean?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SarahAshlee90

Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Well that's neat! There are eight errors listed and only two have anything to do with Turking:

chrome-search://thumb/https://www.mturk.com/mturk/welcome
chrome-search://thumb/https://turkopticon.ucsd.edu/
Neither of those seem to be the kind of error that would cause the prob with PC that I'm having.

And after I asked you what local storage was, I said to myself, "What the f*** am I asking her for? I should be looking up this stuff for myself", so began a Google-search expedition to find the answer. Unsuccessfully, I might add, so THANK YOU, SarahAshlee90 @SarahAshlee90 :heart:
Its when a website wants to save something on to your computer. Its the way PC can remember what jobs you have saved into it even when you close the script.

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score
So I got MTS to load on Chrome but not on FF. Is it still being updated for FF as well?

Also, I'm having trouble copying the link if no HITs are available to put in PC. When I right click it and add it to group ID nothing happens.
MTS is Chrome only for now. Maybe Firefox in the future.

(Source: mturksuite.com)

Reactions: <Gucci> and micky

micky

disco infiltrator
Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks everyone.

How do we panda HITs? Copying the link isn't working for me and I'm trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong.

Reactions: <Gucci>

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks everyone.

How do we panda HITs? Copying the link isn't working for me and I'm trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong.
Right click the accept link and copy the URL to get the link saved. Then you'll have to put it into something like Panda Crazy or HIT Catcher to refresh it for you.

jayjay

Contributor
Reaction score
maartens saving my night

micky

disco infiltrator
Contributor
Reaction score
My worker page has changed, again. Can't see the HIT I'm working on. Can't see how many HITs are available. Can't return the HIT.

Did something else bork? It looked totally different on Friday and this is the first time I've logged on since.

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score
My worker page has changed, again. Can't see the HIT I'm working on. Can't see how many HITs are available. Can't return the HIT.

Did something else bork? It looked totally different on Friday and this is the first time I've logged on since.
Maybe restart your browser? It sounds like you have something wacky going on.

ChristopherASA

Contributor
Reaction score
I wish I would have learned the language as well as you. I see you post about things like this and it makes me feel - well good that there are people keeping the "art" alive. My reading and comprehension are good, My spelling and grammar leave much to be desired. Keep on rocking ChristopherASA @ChristopherASA
Well, that's one of the nicest compliments I've ever gotten from man or woman.

"...keeping the "art" alive." Pithy. :)

If you asked me to diagram a sentence, I wouldn't stand a ghost's chance in hell of knowing how to do that. I learned my grammar and vocabulary by reading ... a lot when I was younger (and still do). and I just somehow absorbed the language. I take pride in having sold articles to news-stand magazines and they never had to edit my work.

If you want to improve your spelling and grammar, continue reading.

Thanks again, optipfrog @optipfrog. :)

Reactions: optipfrog

EverfreeTree

I like trees.
Reaction score
-
The following is a summary of activity for your Mechanical Turk account for the week ending Dec 16, 2017.

Your HIT activity for this week:
- Number of HITs submitted: 292

Approvals and payments that occurred this week:
- Number of HITs approved: 315
- Number of HITs rejected: 0
- Bonus reward earned: $16.15
- HIT reward earned: $73.90
- Total Amount earned this week: $90.05
-

Week saved by bonuses!
Now I just need to learn how to use Overwatch, and "adjust" to all the new scripts and such I have running, and maybe the next week won't suck. Maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.