Do you like cheese on your hamburger?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TissueHime

Thread Maker Extraordinaire
Threaderator
Reaction score
Welcome to today's MTurk Crowd work thread!

Please check out the forum guidelines.

Maybe you need some help getting started?

Want more info about how the forum works?

NEW! Would you like to contribute an idea about the future of the forum? Feel free to share your thoughts here.

Please let a mod know if you have any questions, and have a great turking day! - MTC staff

If you have a theme that you want to see, title-wise, video-wise, etc. for the new thread I would like to hear suggestions! http://www.mturkcrowd.com/threads/daily-thread-ideas.1250/

turkleton

Muddarator
Reaction score
Let me be the first person on this day's page to say the worker site is a complete shit sandwich. The little nuisances and changes are annoying, but the worst thing is the loss of pandas. The fact that I can't TM or PC anything unless I've already caught it is going to cost me a lot of money. I get that their are work arounds, but that's a lot of extra work for something that was so simple. I'm officially salty.

Edit: Oh, and the fact that I can't go directly to me queue from the hit page is a pain also.

Last edited:

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
Let me be the first person on this day's page to say the worker site is a complete shit sandwich. The little nuisances and changes are annoying, but the worst thing is the loss of pandas. The fact that I can't TM or PC anything unless I've already caught it is going to cost me a lot of money. I get that their are work arounds, but that's a lot of extra work for something that was so simple. I'm officially salty.
It's just new. There was a time when running pandas on the old site was just as inefficient. Over time, tools were created to streamline that process. The same will happen on the new site. We'll adapt.

Vanyanka

Thoroughbred of Sin
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score

Edit: Oh, and the fact that I can't go directly to me queue from the hit page is a pain also.
I think it's neat.

Jessie Bustin

Reaction score
good morning all, anyone had issues with submit buttons when turking on an ipad

Achilles2357

Reaction score

If there are workarounds, then these are eventually going to be built into scripts. I think. I mean, if you can do it by hand, you can tell the browser how to do it directly. I think. Maybe I'm confused.

The thing that is most painful to me is that it seems you cannot look at quals unless the relevant hits are up. WTF?!!! If I hear about a good qual that has a test, I want to go get it well before the hits are up.

Pleco

Friendly Neighborhood Rat
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score

Working without pandas? What is this a Soviet gulag?

I can't believe all the extremely hard turking I've been doing lately has come to a halt this way.

turkleton

Muddarator
Reaction score
It's just new. There was a time when running pandas on the old site was just as inefficient. Over time, tools were created to streamline that process. The same will happen on the new site. We'll adapt.
You're right, but there shouldn't be a need for workarounds. I guess in a perfect world, things should just be easy and make sense. Oh well.

turkleton

Muddarator
Reaction score
Its like if you had to climb a mountain just to get to your job at the factory. You're not getting paid to climb the mountain, but you have to do it just to get to your actual job.

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
You're right, but there shouldn't be a need for workarounds. I guess in a perfect world, things should just be easy and make sense. Oh well.
To be honest, I'm not sure if I would say the old site made much sense, lol. We were just used to it. I think in time, when everything is settled and we're more comfortable with the new site, it may feel nice to be looking at something a little more modern than the old site.

My two biggest complaints are the removal of AA times (which were never really even supposed to be visible anyway) and the qualifications tab. But I imagine those things would have been removed down the road anyway, whether the site was completely redone or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.