12/15 - The Worker Era Begins

Liking the worker site so far?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChristopherASA

Contributor
Reaction score
PC helper works on search pages and preview pages. It doesn't work if you click to accept a hit and you missed it. Amazon redirects the url and there isn't a way yet to circumvent that. If you right click the link of the hit from where ever you grabbed it from, you can grab the HIT ID from that link and manually put it into PC. Right now, that's the only way.

This post has a list of updated scripts

http://www.mturkcrowd.com/posts/1079379/
Thank you, kryss @kryss !

Reactions: kryss

nopoopwarez

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Decision Making Task vF01 (Estimated average extra bonus of $5.00) | PANDA
Worker: Preview | Accept | Requester
Requester: Yale Institute for Network Science [A2CGQ5942WIRAV] (Contact)
TO 1: [Pay: 4.23] [Fast: 4.89] [Comm: 4.29] [Fair: 4.93] [Reviews: 195] [ToS: 0]
TO 2:
[Rate: $8.34/hr] [Pen: 0.08 days] [Res: -- of 0] [Rec: 100% of 1] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 0]
Description:
Perform a decision making task with other Mechanical Turk workers. Bonuses are awarded based on performance. The task will take 60 - 75 minutes. If you accept this HIT you will have to fully participate in the task in order to get paid.
Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $3.00
Qualifications: None;

JenniLeigh

Batch Betta Have My Money
Contributor
Reaction score

SalvadorZombie

The Jon Moxley of Mturk
Reaction score
Well of course it is. Everything that comes out of that douchebag's mouth is bullshit. The benefit comes from us SEEING that, the 17 states suing the FCC as we speak, and the realization of how vital the internet is.
To clarify:

1) Ajit Pai is a former Verizon lawyer, who less than a week ago was joking with a Verizon exec about being a "puppet." He's much less intelligent than he thinks he is, which is a good thing for us, because he somehow expected this all to go through despite the need for net neutrality and the questions regarding the hundreds of thousands of anti-net neutrality comments using email addresses from people who never wrote them, and RUSSIAN anti-net neutrality messages (as in, messages traced to Russian IP addresses).

2) The lawsuits filed by all of these states (as well as others besides) keeps this vote from going through. And we all know how quickly lawsuits are resolved, right? We might have new Congressmen before this is even heard in court, much less decided.

3) If this hadn't happened, the entire issue of American internet service in general may have sat stagnant for years. This should end up accelerating the process (not a guarantee honestly, but awareness in general can expose people to the alternatives they never saw), meaning that the cable companies, whether or not they're in time, will have to scramble to make themselves competitive again. Google has no interest in colluding with the cable companies. Neither do the indy networks. Cable television service, in 5-10 years, should end up being something along the lines of over-the-air radio; some people still use it, but anyone who has something modern will likely not. Sling right now is the only service that really has *all* available channels, but I may even be wrong about that - I don't know what Youtube TV offers right now, or Hulu TV...or what they're planning on adding. Basically, the whole issue has been brought to people's attention out of nowhere.

Net neutrality isn't going anywhere, mostly because Ajit Pai tried to get rid of it.

Last edited:

frogman31680

Choosy Moms Choose Gif
Reaction score
So.. let me ask this.

So far I have been taking the hits in HF that I want to panda and right clicking on the dollar amount (the link to accept the hit), then adding a new job in PC and then pasting the link there.

Should I be doing something different? Cause this has worked, but if it doesn't work as well as someone else's plan, I am all ears...

ecko

Contributor
Reaction score
So.. let me ask this.

So far I have been taking the hits in HF that I want to panda and right clicking on the dollar amount (the link to accept the hit), then adding a new job in PC and then pasting the link there.

Should I be doing something different? Cause this has worked, but if it doesn't work as well as someone else's plan, I am all ears...
that's the only way i have been doing it. not great but it works.

Reactions: frogman31680

frogman31680

Choosy Moms Choose Gif
Reaction score
If the links to accept pandas in PC are "Technically" broken, can we just add a button next to the dollar amount to click so that it auto copies the link to the clipboard?

Just curious if that would be a help or not...

bxpretzel

Ari Gold
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
You've received a bonus from Social Innovations Lab for work related to 35A1YQPVFEF8FGCDA7ZNMNAB6I8I52.
The value of your bonus is: $1.00 USD

The Requester included this note:
Winnings + Exit Survey Bonus for Climate Estimation with Social innovations Lab. Thanks for participating!

ecko

Contributor
Reaction score
If the links to accept pandas in PC are "Technically" broken, can we just add a button next to the dollar amount to click so that it auto copies the link to the clipboard?

Just curious if that would be a help or not...
an ahk that does this would be easy to write.

Reactions: A6_Foul_Out

SleepComa

Drifting through the stars...
Reaction score
If you did the SAMS study 3 months ago, check your email!!!

Message from Stress, anxiety, and mood study
---------------------------------

Dear Research Participant,

Thanks again for agreeing to participate in the Stress, Anxiety, and Mood Study (SAMS) follow-up surveys! Our study team here at Boston University very much appreciates your participation.

It’s been three months since completing your last survey, so we’re contacting you to complete a follow-up survey. This follow-up survey should take you about 1.5 hours to complete. You will be compensated $15 for completing the follow-up, which will be deposited directly into your Amazon Payments account.

You will receive an email with the link to the survey, once the hit has been posted.

A6_Foul_Out

I only use Organic TurkerView reviews
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
You've received a bonus from Social Innovations Lab for work related to
The value of your bonus is: $1.00 USD

Winnings + Exit Survey Bonus for Climate Estimation with Social innovations Lab. Thanks for participating!

You've received a bonus from Social Innovations Lab for work related to
The value of your bonus is: $1.50 USD

Status
Not open for further replies.