12/15 - Spool Saturday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

catscratch

Reaction score
So Wednesday and Thursday and also today I can't sign on Mturk. I get this message after troubleshooting "resource (www.amazon.com) is online but isn't responding to connection attempts. The remote computer isn’t responding to connections on port 443, possibly due to firewall or security policy settings, or because it might be temporarily unavailable. Windows couldn’t find any problems with the firewall on your computer."

Has this happened to anyone? All other sites work except amazon! I do use a vpn but it never gave me a problem signing since I signed up. Just Wednesday I couldn't connect after a Windows update. Yesterday I spent 3 hours reverting my computer back to a restore point before the update. Then I was able to turk. I also went on 3 different sites and spent almost an hour changing my automatic update settings in multiple ways so there's no way Windows would do an automatic update. But when I woke up, Windows still did an automatic update without warning or consent and now I can't sign in mturk again :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Reactions: jan

K'Lee

The Royal Taster
Contributor
Reaction score
So Wednesday and Thursday and also today I can't sign on Mturk. I get this message after troubleshooting "resource (www.amazon.com) is online but isn't responding to connection attempts. The remote computer isn’t responding to connections on port 443, possibly due to firewall or security policy settings, or because it might be temporarily unavailable. Windows couldn’t find any problems with the firewall on your computer."

Has this happened to anyone? All other sites work except amazon! I do use a vpn but it never gave me a problem signing since I signed up. Just Wednesday I couldn't connect after a Windows update. Yesterday I spent 3 hours reverting my computer back to a restore point before the update. Then I was able to turk. I also went on 3 different sites and spent almost an hour changing my automatic update settings in multiple ways so there's no way Windows would do an automatic update. But when I woke up, Windows still did an automatic update without warning or consent and now I can't sign in mturk again :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
I'm sure you have but just in case did you try restarting your computer?

klingeemonster

Does this poncho make me look fat?
Contributor
Reaction score
These CI's...the number keeps going up and up. Haven't seen it go down since they dropped yesterday.
And they have not been throttled, very unusual. I wonder if they put a qual on them that cuts out a lot of people. I only see Interest USA, which I assume means you just have to be in the US.

Reactions: Srndpty

Turtlefemm

Mostly a Turtle
Contributor
Mentor
Reaction score
And they have not been throttled, very unusual. I wonder if they put a qual on them that cuts out a lot of people. I only see Interest USA, which I assume means you just have to be in the US.
I don't see any CIs. :( I thought I always did good work on them, too.

Reactions: klingeemonster

KYKITTY

Contributor
Reaction score
I don't even see them turned off all quals. still nothing???

Reactions: klingeemonster
Status
Not open for further replies.