Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Half-Ass
Reaction score
Reactions: 4ourfuture

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
david bowie/space thing is timely this morning as boeing and nasa are about a week away from an uncrewed Starliner capsule test to the international space station that if it goes well, we could be within a year of sending humans to the iss from american soil for the first time since the shuttle program ended in 2011.

WillowWolf

Mischief Managed
Contributor
Reaction score
Just wondering since there has been a lot of prolific discussion here, what do people think about the potential for cross blocking? Since some surveys are the same on multiple platforms as is demographics and other technical data. I know there is a push for stringent BS type detector databasing (even though it is a grey area so to speak) I think it is better/smarter in the long run to avoid a study done on one platform and offered on another. Just an opinion of course, I stick with MTURK, IBM and insight related ones.
I mostly use surveys as filler work, so I don't run into this as often as other people probably do. However, there have been a few times I've either returned one on Mturk or Prolific when I've realized I've done it on the other platform. On Mturk, I obviously don't have to give a reason for the return, but on Prolific I check the "other" box under reasons and just type in that I've completed the study on another platform. There's no way for them to know you're doing it twice, but I'd rather not mess up their data.

Edit: I'm not totally sure I answered your question now that I'm reading it again. lol

Last edited:

Blakkat

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Answer a survey about your opinions | Accept
Requester: Daphne Sobolev [A14IJB7O0CNJEF] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$37.99] [Pay=Generous] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=5.00] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=0.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=3] [ToS=0]
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 2.00
Duration: 1:00:00
Available: 0
Description: Give us your opinion about the conduct of financial practitioners
Qualifications: Not available from queue exports.

Reactions: DatJersey and LucyO

XWarrior

Reaction score
I mostly use surveys as filler work, so I don't run into this as often as other people probably do. However, there have been a few times I've either returned one on Mturk or Prolific when I've realized I've done it on the other platform. On Mturk, I obviously don't have to give a reason for the return, but on Prolific I check the "other" box under reasons and just type in that I've completed the study on another platform. There's no way for them to know you're doing it twice, but I'd rather not mess up their data.

Edit: I'm not totally sure I answered your question now that I'm reading it again. lol
Yes that is great, and to me the ethical and best way to handle the situation, it prevents any future problems, also very wise.

PandaThief

Reaction score

LucyO

Contributor
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
Title: Watching videos and answer questionsAccept
Requester: IMC Lab [A1T434NH13YMQU] Contact
TV: $21.49/hr TO: 4.04
Reward: $0.75
Duration: 01:00:00
Available: 1
Description: Watch a few short videos and answer questions about what you see
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 95; Location EqualTo US

4ourfuture

Contributor
Reaction score
Does anyone know how to confirm a bonus on Tukerview? Is it something that happens automatically if you input the expected bonus when you reviewed the HIT?

Reactions: ducky and LucyO

WillowWolf

Mischief Managed
Contributor
Reaction score
Does anyone know how to confirm a bonus on Tukerview? Is it something that happens automatically if you input the expected bonus when you reviewed the HIT?
You can confirm it through this link https://turkerview.com/account/bonus/

That should pull up a list of all your surveys you've reviewed that are waiting on a bonus.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.