Status
Not open for further replies.

PandaThief

Reaction score
Title: Chronic Pain Interview Study | PANDA
Requester: Leanne Knobloch [A17LY8UKKO8FEB] (Req TV): $null/hr/hr
(TO): [Pay: N/A] [Fair: N/A] [Comm: N/A] [Fast: N/A]
Description:
Schedule an interview to discuss your experiences communicating about chronic pain with close others. The interview will take approximately 60 minutes.
Time: 120 hour(s)
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $10.00
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location EqualTo US;

Reactions: LucyO

XWarrior

Reaction score
gut feelng im going to get rejected if it only takes 1 wrong answer to get rejected rather than just pay the 4 cents and be denied the qual.

question is should i bother arguing the rejection over that wrong answer or just eat it.
It is always a wise thing to "professionally" ask about your rejection and try for a reversal, as you know it works at times.

XWarrior

Reaction score
Title: Participant in a 5 minute study for 50 cents with a chance to win a bonus of USD 5! Payment within 2 days! | Accept
Requester: N. Madan [A2104VYHV8NR26] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$8.34] [Pay=Fair] [Approval=1-3 days] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=2.25] [Fast=1.00] [Comm=1.00] [Fair=0.00] [Reviews=5] [ToS=0]
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 0.50
Duration: 1:00:00
Available: 45
Description: This study will require you to answer some questions and complete a short collective task with another person. Payment within 2 days!!
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThan 500; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 98; Location EqualTo US

LucyO

Contributor
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
Good Morning!
I woke up to a missing transfer from turk to payments. People that know me, know I hardly ever get angry and that I can find humor in just about everything. I know that I'll look back on things and laugh, so why not find the humor now. But, issues with money always sends me into a blind rage. Maybe it's because my first husband used to steal money from me. Or, maybe it was all those years of having to decide between food, electricity, or water. Whatever the reason, I was super mad about it. I wrote a long email (I went back through and read it, I seemed to have covered my rage pretty well) and as soon as I hit send, I got a confirmation of the transfer. Now I feel ashamed that I got so angry.

dw33b

Wallaby
Reaction score
Title: Responses to Disney Movies(~ 25 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: Alex [A2HTKKIIUVH19T] (Req TV): $15.02/hr/hr
Description:
MTurk workers who are 18 and older with a 95%+ approval rating qualify for this study. The purpose of this study is to examine how you respond to Disney movies. If you agree to participate, you will watch a 5-minute video clip from a popular Disney movie. Afterward, you will complete a brief questionnaire that examines your thoughts and feelings in response to the video. Your participation will last approximately 25 minutes. You will receive $3 in your MTurk account in exchange for participating.
Time: 1 hour(s) 30 minutes(s)
HITs Available: 100
Reward: $3.00
Qualifications: Exc: [-606810870-187504] DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location In US;
I'm not crying, you're crying. :cry:

Liz

Babysitter
Contributor
Reaction score
Good Morning!
I woke up to a missing transfer from turk to payments. People that know me, know I hardly ever get angry and that I can find humor in just about everything. I know that I'll look back on things and laugh, so why not find the humor now. But, issues with money always sends me into a blind rage. Maybe it's because my first husband used to steal money from me. Or, maybe it was all those years of having to decide between food, electricity, or water. Whatever the reason, I was super mad about it. I wrote a long email (I went back through and read it, I seemed to have covered my rage pretty well) and as soon as I hit send, I got a confirmation of the transfer. Now I feel ashamed that I got so angry.
Don't be! I am so laid back but money issues push me right over the edge. I swear I have flashbacks of my life a long time ago and I just see red. Glad it all worked out

4ourfuture

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Participant in a 5 minute study for 50 cents with a chance to win a bonus of USD 5! Payment within 2 days! | PANDA
Requester: N. Madan [A2104VYHV8NR26] (Req TV): $16.62/hr/hr
Description:
This study will require you to answer some questions and complete a short collective task with another person. Payment within 2 days!!
Time: 1 hour(s)
HITs Available: 9
Reward: $0.50
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThan 500; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 98; Location EqualTo US;

LucyO

Contributor
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
The problem with the Cameron Cairns rejections was that he doesn't have enough culinary knowledge to realize "shoulder" =pork/beef shoulder=food, and that "Burger King" is a place that serves food not a food itself :happy:

Sometimes, you have to save the requesters from themselves!
LucyO @LucyO
There were two other things that I think people were having trouble with too, but I don't think I can mention what they were because they weren't specified in the instructions and I think it would count as "content". All I can say, is when in doubt, google it.

gut feelng im going to get rejected if it only takes 1 wrong answer to get rejected rather than just pay the 4 cents and be denied the qual.

question is should i bother arguing the rejection over that wrong answer or just eat it.
It never hurts to ask. Almost all of my rejections are from p9r from when I first started. I didn't even know that you could ask and by the time I found out, it was too late. I wish I would have.

Blakkat

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Judgement and Decision Making #1: read scenarios, answer short questions (native English, US BORN ) (~ 5 minutes) | Accept
Requester: PRASAD [A2NKV18P6IXIJU] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$9.74] [Pay=Fair] [Approval=3-7 days] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=3.14] [Fast=1.00] [Comm=0.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=8] [ToS=0]
Reward: 0.50
Duration: 15:00
Available: 40
Description: Judgement and Decision Making #1:read scenarios, answer short questions (native English, US born and raised ) ~ 5 minutes
Qualifications: Not available from queue exports.

XWarrior

Reaction score
Good Morning!
It is a good thing you expressed how you felt in the email. That alone helps, and the bright side is you wrote about how you felt, even mentioned it here and the transfer made it through. (Also you have a rage ready email for when it happens again :)) no shame in any of it, it puts things into perspective for other times like this.

Blakkat

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Evaluate ventures for an investment in Equity Crowdfunding | Accept
Requester: Diego [A1YXZGK7RR9Y48] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$8.95] [Pay=Fair] [Approval=Unrated] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=3.13] [Fast=4.40] [Comm=4.17] [Fair=4.42] [Reviews=24] [ToS=0]
Reward: 0.90
Available: 0
Description: You have allocated some of your savings for an investment in equity crowdfunding. Help us understand how you make your decisions

Reactions: LucyO and XWarrior

Blakkat

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Imagining a different future(~ 20 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Joy Love [A101B29KRZMGN7] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$12.41] [Pay=Generous] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=4.00] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=5.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=9] [ToS=0]
Reward: 1.00
Duration: 45:00
Description: Complete a short imagination or thinking task then describe aspects of what you imagined and answer some survey questions.

thismegan

resting cat face
Reaction score
tfw you add a watcher for a HIT, it's running for a while, then the requester just posts more single HITs. :rage:

Is there some benefit for requesters to do that instead of using the same group or whatever (for seemingly the same survey)?

Last edited:

Finn Mertens

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
Reaction score
The problem with the Cameron Cairns rejections was that he doesn't have enough culinary knowledge to realize "shoulder" =pork/beef shoulder=food, and that "Burger King" is a place that serves food not a food itself :happy:

Sometimes, you have to save the requesters from themselves!
LucyO @LucyO
If you're training AI, both of those make sense not to treat those as food. You wouldn't eat your friend's shoulder or a building. I think those were more of an attention check that people read the instructions though.

My issue with the actual task is that I had to google way too many things so it made it not worth the pay, especially if there's a rejections risk over something that might boil down to opinions.

Doom Kitten

Reaction score
Took about five minutes for me.

Title: Answer a survey about hotels(~ 6 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: UPenn Researcher [A2M70XENI0CWIR] (Req TV): $14.92/hr/hr
(TO): [Pay: 4.00] [Fair: 5.00] [Comm: 0.00] [Fast: 5.00]
Description:
6 minute survey about hotels - $1.00
Time: 1 hour(s)
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $1.00
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 90; Location In US;

Last edited:

Blakkat

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Survey about Product (5-7 min) | Accept
Requester: Research-YSSD [A1PMUNGUNZY2OP] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$13.83] [Pay=Generous] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=4.00] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=0.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=2] [ToS=0]
Reward: 1.00
Description: A survey (around 5-7 min) about how you feel after seeing a product

Status
Not open for further replies.