12/12 - Sonic Sunday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TissueHime

Thread Maker Extraordinaire
Threaderator
Reaction score
Welcome to today's MTurk Crowd work thread!

Please check out the forum guidelines.

Maybe you need some help getting started?

Want more info about how the forum works?

NEW! Would you like to contribute an idea about the future of the forum? Feel free to share your thoughts here.

Please let a mod know if you have any questions, and have a great turking day! - MTC staff

sunflowergirl

I love coffee, cats, and flowers
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I really hope this message reaches as many of y'all as possible! I know this note is long, but I hope you'll read it - both for your sake and mine.

The purpose for this message is three-fold:
  1. I want to warn all of you to please not work any hits from requester Adam Bohbot (details for why are below)
  2. I want to know how to find out about bad reqesters... this person had an average approval rate of 98% for HITs, so I didn't expect to have a bad experience. Shouldn't Amazon grade requesters just like they grade the workers??
  3. I want to know if he doesn't reverse the rejection based on the documented proof that I did the HIT 100% correctly, is there any way to appeal that? I did some research, and from what I've found so far... I didn't see a way.
I worked a HIT from Adam Bohbot called "What is the email address for these Instagram Channels" and I just now got a rejection that said I made 10 errors. I can prove their review process is most likely auto-rejecting under certain criteria, or something similar like that. There were 10 Instagram channels to check, and he says I got all 10 wrong. I have screenshots proving I got all 10 right.

I don't usually get screenshot-happy for my HITs. This was just a 3 cent one, but it's mainly the approval rating piece of it that concerns me. Since I've only submitted a bit over 300 so far, every rejection has a bigger impact. This 1 rejection dropped me from above 99% to below 99. I started taking screenshots because I was having to put that the majority of these channels had no email - and I followed their instructions to the letter to check all sources to find emails. Also 2 of the accounts were private, 1 didn't even exist.

The worst thing is that I was just about to take a qualification test for a HIT that I was really interested in, and now I can't do that one because in addition to the test, you need a 99+ acceptance rate... this 1 rejection dropped me right below 99.

Because I thought something might go awry because nearly none of the 10 channels had email accounts, I took screenshots to prove my work and I'm going to put them all in a PDF and post them on a public link to request the rejection be reversed. I don't understand how they can legitimately do this when I have absolute proof that I did the work correctly - screenshots and all! The requester had a 98% approval rating, so I was hoping this wouldn't happen - but it did. I have a feeling that if a worker sends back something saying most of them don't have emails, they auto-reject it without even looking at it.

I am going to make my message as polite as possible, in the hope that helps. Wish me luck! And please do let me know if I have any way to appeal things if he either ignores my message or says "no" to my request.

I didn't want any of you to have the same problem, so please do not do any of these HITs!!
Thanks!

vinc01

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I really hope this message reaches as many of y'all as possible! I know this note is long, but I hope you'll read it - both for your sake and mine.

1. I want to warn all of you to please not work any hits from requester Adam Bohbot (details for why are below)
  2. I want to know how to find out about bad reqesters... this person had an average approval rate of 98% for HITs, so I didn't expect to have a bad experience. Shouldn't Amazon grade requesters just like they grade the workers??
  3. I want to know if he doesn't reverse the rejection based on the documented proof that I did the HIT 100% correctly, is there any way to appeal that? I did some research, and from what I've found so far... I didn't see a way.
I worked a HIT from Adam Bohbot called "What is the email address for these Instagram Channels" and I just now got a rejection that said I made 10 errors. I can prove their review process is most likely auto-rejecting under certain criteria, or something similar like that. There were 10 Instagram channels to check, and he says I got all 10 wrong. I have screenshots proving I got all 10 right.

I don't usually get screenshot-happy for my HITs. This was just a 3 cent one, but it's mainly the approval rating piece of it that concerns me. Since I've only submitted a bit over 300 so far, every rejection has a bigger impact. This 1 rejection dropped me from above 99% to below 99. I started taking screenshots because I was having to put that the majority of these channels had no email - and I followed their instructions to the letter to check all sources to find emails. Also 2 of the accounts were private, 1 didn't even exist.

The worst thing is that I was just about to take a qualification test for a HIT that I was really interested in, and now I can't do that one because in addition to the test, you need a 99+ acceptance rate... this 1 rejection dropped me right below 99.

Because I thought something might go awry because nearly none of the 10 channels had email accounts, I took screenshots to prove my work and I'm going to put them all in a PDF and post them on a public link to request the rejection be reversed. I don't understand how they can legitimately do this when I have absolute proof that I did the work correctly - screenshots and all! The requester had a 98% approval rating, so I was hoping this wouldn't happen - but it did. I have a feeling that if a worker sends back something saying most of them don't have emails, they auto-reject it without even looking at it.

I am going to make my message as polite as possible, in the hope that helps. Wish me luck! And please do let me know if I have any way to appeal things if he either ignores my message or says "no" to my request.

I didn't want any of you to have the same problem, so please do not do any of these HITs!!
Thanks!
I'm sorry, I understand your disappointment. I never did Hit for Adam Bohbot "What is the email address for these YouTube channels?" I don't trust one called bhobot. I googled "Adam BOHBOT Founder of Ana Luisa, could it be him?

jan

Reaction score

Thanks!
we use turker view or turk opticon for reviews.

amazon could care less. They don't get involved with requesters UNLESS (and ime only ONCE. Yes, ONCE) it costs them money (said requester put up thousands of dollars of hits and their computer rejected them ALL. They were reversed.

It is the wild west and you have to protect yourself on mturk.

If it is an academic requester. Well, then you can appeal to the requester. If they still reject (or don't answer) you can email their major professor (if they have one) or their IRB (Institutional Review Board). Though, at some point, your time is money, too - and one rejection isn't the end of the world. So, you have to make an evaluation of what you want to do/why - and how much time you want to invest.

jan

Reaction score
Title: Advertising related survey | Accept
Requester: Muhammad Rashid Saeed [AGDN7RVPNJ1N8] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$13.41] [Pay=Fair] [Approval=1-3 days] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: No Reviews
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 0.65
Duration: 1:00:00
Available: 1
Description: Give us your opinion about an advertisement
Qualifications: Completed Survey Already DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 97; Total approved HITs GreaterThan 5000; Location EqualTo US

Skittles

It's Pumpkinninny!
Reaction score

jenu

Reaction score
Title: CareLinx: User profile picture quality questionsAccept
Requester: CareLinx [A45NRN4A6TJ14] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$5.20][Pay=Underpaid][Approval=~24 hrs][Comm=Unrated][Rej=0][Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=2.62][Fast=4.33][Comm=0.00][Fair=5.00][Reviews=13][ToS=0]
Reward: $0.01
Duration: 00:05:00
Available: 1
Description: Answer simple questions about the qualities of the following picture (#314658)
Qualifications: None

jan

Reaction score
Title: Psychology Study(~ 10 minutes) | Accept
Requester: PsychLabAtBC [A10M90Y8PUKQ1E] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$14.42] [Pay=Good] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Excellent] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=3.21] [Fast=4.69] [Comm=3.44] [Fair=4.71] [Reviews=225] [ToS=2]
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 1.25
Duration: 45:00
Available: 55
Description: Read short stories and answer questions.
Qualifications: Exc: [335964-335375] DoesNotExist ; Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; 9cf3cc53 DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; CR Research Group #1 GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; Location In US

Status
Not open for further replies.