12/11 - Technicolor Tuesday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Merovign

Contributor
Reaction score
It's still up, but it's quald' and even some people with the qual can't see them for some reason. It's a little weird
Rumor has it that HITs can be hidden from people without the qual.

OR it could be another bug.

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
that's weird. i can't see it either. some new feature in amt maybe? hmm.

Rumor has it that HITs can be hidden from people without the qual.

OR it could be another bug.
It's def hidden, idk if that's a new thing or not. Weird thing is that people WITH the qual also can't see it (or at least a few people said so)

charlie

Reaction score
It's def hidden, idk if that's a new thing or not. Weird thing is that people WITH the qual also can't see it (or at least a few people said so)
odd. oh well. i can't gripe about what i can't see. on to whatever's out there lol.

Reactions: Despairagus

jklmnop

data sanitation engineer
Reaction score
IIRC (and I could def be wrong), hidden batches were added with the worker redesign/last major update.

I'm probably wrong. Idk. Just happy not to have a migraine anymore.

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
No idea what's up with the people with the qual, unless they had it pulled. But, people without, I get that.:)
HIT Visibility isn't a rumor. It's been a thing for a pretty long time.

"HIT Visibility
If you’ve specified any criteria for your HIT you have the option of deciding it’s visibilty. For many Requesters is easiest just to leave the task marked Public but there are other options.

If your HIT is marked Public, any Worker can preview your task, even if they aren’t qualified. If you mark the task as Private, all Workers will see your task in the list of available work but only those Workers that have the required Qualification will be able to Preview the contents of the task. This is useful if you want to limit the number of Workers that can see the information in your tasks. Hidden is used to hide HITs from showing up in the list of available work unless the Worker has the required Qualifications."

PSA TIME::D
This is why "Amazon Premium Qualifications"(Profile Quals) are so important. Having no answer(not done the profile qual) will return a '0', the same as a wrong demographic, hiding any HIT that a requester didn't want you to see. Some people don't do profile quals because they think it opens them up to the widest pool of available studies, until they screen out. This isn't entirely accurate.

Good luck and Happy Turking!:)

Last edited:

charlie

Reaction score
7 cents is better than nonsense :spin:
Greetings from Amazon Mechanical Turk,

You've received a bonus from Andrew Hsu for work related to 30IRMPJWDZCB728LV1A5UXIK0A0RKM.
The value of your bonus is: $0.07 USD

The Requester included this note:
Thanks for taking our survey. Here is the bonus you earned in the clicking task.

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
IIRC (and I could def be wrong), hidden batches were added with the worker redesign/last major update.

I'm probably wrong. Idk. Just happy not to have a migraine anymore.
Glad you're feeling better. They suck:(
You are correct. They rolled out when beta went away, I think.:)
And, they obviously can hide non-batches but, I knew you meant that.:p

Reactions: jklmnop

Concise

Buddhist Bacchante
Reaction score
There are scripts to lower the amount of clicks in a HIT? :wideyed:
I can neither confirm or deny that. Although this forum has links and resources on AHK, programming languages, for many applications...

Reactions: catscratch

jklmnop

data sanitation engineer
Reaction score
Glad you're feeling better. They suck:(
You are correct. They rolled out when beta went away, I think.:)
And, they obviously can hide non-batches but, I knew you meant that.:p
Ty, thankfully I was able to shut this one down in time.

I think hidden batches are shitty but there's not much we as workers can do about that other than keep qualing. Always be qualing. Qual qual qual. Etc.

charlie

Reaction score
Yup. Whole lotta nuthin when I click on the link too
since it's impossible to find qualification hits these days i'll just let it go and hope what's currently in my HF decides to catch at some point before my caffeine wears off.

Reactions: Concise

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Trace the food items in an image | Accept
Requester: salathegroup [A3Q8AY8RFTGCV1] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: [Pay=3.72] [Fast=4.12] [Comm=2.25] [Fair=3.47] [Reviews=18] [ToS=1]
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 0.10
Duration: 30:00
Available: 1537
Description: Select food category and trace a path around each food item in this image
Qualifications: EXCL_SEGMENTATION DoesNotExist ; Total approved HITs GreaterThan 100; Instructional quiz for tracing food items EqualTo 100; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 98
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.4.5
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
Qual test is in the description charlie @charlie. Don't know if the HIT is good but, TO isn't horrible.[/td][/tr]

EDIT That's how I find qual tests. I just go though all available HITs, look for the ones that I want to do but, am not qualified, then look to see if there's a test. It'll help you find some.

Last edited:

charlie

Reaction score
Title: Trace the food items in an image | Accept
Requester: salathegroup [A3Q8AY8RFTGCV1] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: [Pay=3.72] [Fast=4.12] [Comm=2.25] [Fair=3.47] [Reviews=18] [ToS=1]
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 0.10
Duration: 30:00
Available: 1537
Description: Select food category and trace a path around each food item in this image
Qualifications: EXCL_SEGMENTATION DoesNotExist ; Total approved HITs GreaterThan 100; Instructional quiz for tracing food items EqualTo 100; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 98
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.4.5
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
Qual test is in the description charlie @charlie. Don't know if the HIT is good but, TO isn't horrible.[/td][/tr]

EDIT That's how I find qual tests. I just go though all available HITs, look for the ones that I want to do but, am not qualified, then look to see if there's a test. It'll help you find some.
that's pretty much what i'm doing. i'll do some more of that tomorrow. for now it's bed time. one more day of work before a nice week and a half long vacation (most of which will be spent on here lol). night all!

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
A few GBP on PA, atm. Ok?:p

Status
Not open for further replies.