12/11 - Sadistic Saturday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mew

Not a bot. I am a girl.
^_^
Reaction score
Welcome to today's MTurk Crowd work thread!

Please check out the forum guidelines.

Maybe you need some help getting started?

Want more info about how the forum works?

Would you like to contribute an idea about the future of the forum? Feel free to share your thoughts here.

If you are interested in creating a daily thread, please tag @dibs to let everyone know that you would like to claim the next day. It is first come, first serve and thread must be created and posted by 3a EST/12a PST.

Please let a mod know if you have any questions, and have a great turking day! - MTC staff

I am a bot and this is an automated daily thread post. If you would like to post a daily thread, just make sure you post it before I do at 12:05 AM PT. Out of a courtesy to others that may wish to make the thread, please tag @dibs to let everyone know that you are making it. The old thread will auto-lock on its own.

You can find more information about how to format a daily thread post here.

LumosDC

Reaction score
Title: Fill in Questionnaires and Chat with a Bot to Accomplish Specified Goals | PANDA
Requester: Ao GUO [A3VABAOWZSI307]
TurkerView: [ $18.28 / hour ]
Description:
You are required to answer a four-page questionnaire consisting of 147 questions in total, and then you need to try your best to chat with a bot in 3 rounds of conversation to accomplish the assigned goals. (SER_0.1.1)

Duration: 80 Min
Available: 1
Reward: $8.00
Qualifications:
  • Location In AU, CA, GB, IE, NZ, US
  • Common Sense Test for Personalized Chat_2021.10.28 GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100
  • Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 50
  • HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 90
  • Each turker could only finish one HIT (LER) DoesNotExist
[393Z0UE4X4DMAKO32XD770Y3LP63ZZ]

Reactions: jan

LumosDC

Reaction score
Title: Answer a survey about your opinions | PANDA
Requester: Christopher M Celaya [A3JSLR81REZFUK]
TurkerView: [ $29.13 / hour ]
Description: You'll read a short email message and tell us your opinions about the person who sent it
Duration: 180 Min
Reward: $1.00
Qualifications:
  • HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 98
  • Location EqualTo US
[35DAEVU8JHJP1V8E8BVB62SRYUU87O]

Reactions: jan

LumosDC

Reaction score
My current graphics card is about to crap out. Was lucky enough to find a replacement card that was a) in stock b) a good price - at least by the current market standards - c) is a new card, not used and d) was sold by the company themselves (so as to not give my money to a scalper) on Newegg. Final price after shipping ($8.72) & sales tax: $995.03.

R.I.P. my wallet and (nearly) dead graphics card.

Link to the card I ordered for those interested - https://www.newegg.com/sapphire-radeon-rx-6700-xt-11306-01-20g/p/N82E16814202399

jan

Reaction score
My current graphics card is about to crap out. Was lucky enough to find a replacement card that was a) in stock b) a good price - at least by the current market standards - c) is a new card, not used and d) was sold by the company themselves (so as to not give my money to a scalper) on Newegg. Final price after shipping ($8.72) & sales tax: $995.03.

Link to the card I ordered for those interested - https://www.newegg.com/sapphire-radeon-rx-6700-xt-11306-01-20g/p/N82E16814202399

I used to order from Newegg, whenever I needed new computers or gear. I don't anymore. My state hits me with taxes - and between that and shipping.....

If I can, I order to a store and pick up in NH. No shipping, no taxes :wink:.

jenu

Reaction score

Please tell me if this graphics card is attached to the laptop via a USB or is mounted inside the laptop.

LumosDC

Reaction score
I used to order from Newegg, whenever I needed new computers or gear. I don't anymore. My state hits me with taxes - and between that and shipping.....

If I can, I order to a store and pick up in NH. No shipping, no taxes :wink:.
Yeah, tax is 6% here in DC.

Price is a bit steep, but my graphics card is just ready to go at any moment and I don't have the time/energy to go to MicroCenter which was my original plan. I have a wisdom tooth that has erupted and is coming in at an angle which requires an oral surgeon to do it at a hospital. Went to the ER overnight and the hospital can't do anything until my wisdom tooth starts causing an infection and facial swelling (due to the wisdom tooth causing the tooth in front of it to lift up off the gum line) unfortunately. The same thing happened to me in summer 2020 on the other side of my lower jaw and that required getting it removed under general anesthesia and couple days in the hospital. So, now I'm just waiting for the swelling to start and then go back to the hospital to finally get admitted. No idea when that's going to be though as it depends on how fast the wisdom tooth continues to grow and could be anywhere from a few hours to 7-10 days+.

edit: added a few words

Last edited:

LumosDC

Reaction score
Please tell me if this graphics card is attached to the laptop via a USB or is mounted inside the laptop.
This is a graphics card for desktop computers.

Reactions: vinc01

jan

Reaction score
Yeah, tax is 6% here in DC.

Price is a bit steep, but my graphics card is just ready to go at any moment and I don't have the time/energy to go to MicroCenter which was my original plan. I have a wisdom tooth that has erupted and is coming in at an angle which requires an oral surgeon to do it at a hospital. Went to the ER overnight and the hospital can't do anything until my wisdom tooth starts causing an infection and facial swelling (due to the wisdom tooth causing the tooth in front of it to lift up off the gum line) unfortunately. The same thing happened to me in summer 2020 on the other side of my lower jaw and that required getting it removed under general anesthesia and couple days in the hospital. So, now I'm just waiting for the swelling to start and then go back to the hospital to finally get admitted. No idea when that's going to be though as it depends on how fast the wisdom tooth continues to grow and could be anywhere from a few hours to 7-10 days+.

edit: added a few words
:hug:

Reactions: LumosDC

jenu

Reaction score
Title: Memory & Perception task 3Accept
Requester: Sam V [A3R0F7C8SA6JQF] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$7.98][Pay=Low][Approval=~24 hrs][Comm=Unrated][Rej=0][Blk=0]
TO: No reviews
Reward: $4.50
Duration: 06:00:00
Description: In this experiment, you will respond to a color probe based on information that is on screen or information that you memorized.
Qualifications: MP_Qual DoesNotExist ; Total approved HITs GreaterThan 500; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 95; Location EqualTo US

Reactions: Blakkat

LumosDC

Reaction score
Title: Less than 1 minute screening academic study | PANDA
Requester: Rafal [A1I4JCU25RWXX4]
TurkerView: [ N/A ]
Description: 3 short questions screening survey - participants who will meet selection criteria will be invited to 7 minutes study with 1 USD reward
Duration: 60 Min
Reward: $0.15
Qualifications:
  • HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 95
  • Completed two first screenings DoesNotExist
  • Location EqualTo US
[39PLFW4P3MP0CXPZV0MEE8RI8QW4HY]

Reactions: JanetW

LumosDC

Reaction score
Title: A short study!(~ 2 minutes) | PANDA